Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Latest Observations On My New To Me 2004 SW
Interesting Items on Alibaba I_icon_minitimeby landisr Yesterday at 9:15 pm

» Drive belt prices
Interesting Items on Alibaba I_icon_minitimeby landisr Yesterday at 8:28 pm

» FOR SALE - 2009 Silver Wing
Interesting Items on Alibaba I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Yesterday at 7:27 pm

» Top Box considering that Hi-vis and LED's are my friends
Interesting Items on Alibaba I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Yesterday at 7:16 pm

» New to Me Swing
Interesting Items on Alibaba I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Yesterday at 5:39 pm

» LF extended back rest
Interesting Items on Alibaba I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Yesterday at 4:42 pm

» I said Farewell...
Interesting Items on Alibaba I_icon_minitimeby Swingbatter Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:12 pm

» OE Quality Drive Belt
Interesting Items on Alibaba I_icon_minitimeby JohnyC Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:05 am

» Rear shock longevity
Interesting Items on Alibaba I_icon_minitimeby LarryD Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:11 pm

» YSS rear shocks for sale
Interesting Items on Alibaba I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:01 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Interesting Items on Alibaba

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
The Dude
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
The Dude

Number of posts : 196
Registration date : 2022-02-20

Interesting Items on Alibaba Empty
PostSubject: Interesting Items on Alibaba   Interesting Items on Alibaba I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 15, 2022 1:12 am

Shocks. They have black ones too...

https://m.alibaba.com/product/1600321023667/Motorcycle-Rear-suspension-shock-absorber-420mm.html

Drive Belt. Minimum order 2, but I think you can order a sample for about $40 plus $20 + Shipping.

https://m.alibaba.com/product/62446550660/Motorcycle-Transmission-Belt-for-Honda-motorcycle.html

$30 shipped for the elusive chrome muffler guard and end cap at AliExpress.

https://m.aliexpress.com/item/32824904394.html

Haven't tried ordering from them, but they do seem mostly legit.🤔
Back to top Go down
steve_h80
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert

Number of posts : 998
Registration date : 2016-05-15

PostSubject: Re: Interesting Items on Alibaba   Interesting Items on Alibaba I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 15, 2022 1:40 am

I would have no worries about the exhaust shield because what can go wrong? But bits like the shocks or belt, which keep body and soul together, I couldn't trust being up to the task at that price point.
I know China has some of the best manufacturing in the world and lots of experience building everything for everyone to whatever standards they ask for, but they can also produce some absolute rubbish where the only specification is price.
Back to top Go down
The Dude
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
The Dude

PostSubject: Re: Interesting Items on Alibaba   Interesting Items on Alibaba I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 15, 2022 1:53 am

steve_h80 wrote:
I would have no worries about the exhaust shield because what can go wrong? But bits like the shocks or belt, which keep body and soul together, I couldn't trust being up to the task at that price point.
I know China has some of the best manufacturing in the world and lots of experience building everything for everyone to whatever standards they ask for, but they can also produce some absolute rubbish where the only specification is price.

The old adage applies, "you get what you pay for" comes to mind. But yes, I noticed it because of the exhaust shield, which is north of $150 us.

The thing is, it's easy to make "pictures" of parts look as good as OEM. Real life experience should tell me different. I may order the shield just to check it out. Besides, I actually need one. thumbs up
Back to top Go down
Loosemarbles
Site Admin
Loosemarbles

Number of posts : 1564
Registration date : 2016-10-01

PostSubject: Re: Interesting Items on Alibaba   Interesting Items on Alibaba I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 15, 2022 1:49 pm

I need one too. Would like to know how you get on if you go ahead in buying one.

I've always thought that Alibaba were a trusted organisation but my suspicious nature makes me cautious. "If it looks too good to be true, it probably is"....mostly, but not always Suspect
Back to top Go down
The Dude
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
The Dude

PostSubject: Re: Interesting Items on Alibaba   Interesting Items on Alibaba I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 15, 2022 3:51 pm

Got this disclaimer on the SWing muffler guard.

Decoration
Product Name: Motorcycle chrome muffler cover
Material: ABS plastic
Applicable models: For Honda SLIVERWING600/400/GT SLIVERWING
100% brand new
Country of manufacture: China
Note: Due to the limited manufacturing process, it is impossible to achieve ultra-high-end technology. The surface or edge details of the product cannot be avoided. There may be slight flaws, and the product cannot be 100% absolutely perfect! Perfectionists please be careful to buy! We don't want to open a dispute with this excuse! Please understand!

Back to top Go down
The Dude
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
The Dude

PostSubject: Re: Interesting Items on Alibaba   Interesting Items on Alibaba I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 15, 2022 4:06 pm

So I got a muffler shield for the Reflex and a pair of grips for the SWing. $30 for everything. I'll let ya'll know how it goes. 👍

Interesting Items on Alibaba Htb12u10
Interesting Items on Alibaba H30edd10
Back to top Go down
The Dude
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
The Dude

PostSubject: Re: Interesting Items on Alibaba   Interesting Items on Alibaba I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 15, 2022 8:43 pm

The chromed plastic muffler cover is $72 plus tax and shipping (About $88 USD total) on Partzilla. The SWing cover with the end piece is $146 USD plus tax and shipping.

These covers seem to be one of the most easily damaged parts. When I was troubleshooting my Reflex fuel delivery problem, I inadvertently overheated it and melted the mounts on the muffler cover. affraid

Oh well... It was scratched anyway.
Back to top Go down
Cosmic_Jumper
Site Admin
Cosmic_Jumper

Number of posts : 4416
Registration date : 2009-06-12

PostSubject: Re: Interesting Items on Alibaba   Interesting Items on Alibaba I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 15, 2022 11:31 pm

TheDude wrote:
(Snip) These covers seem to be one of the most easily damaged parts. When I was troubleshooting my Reflex fuel delivery problem, I inadvertently overheated it and melted the mounts on the muffler cover. :

How did you manage, what did you do, to overheat the Reflex muffler so much that it resulted in melted shield mounts?
Back to top Go down
The Dude
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
The Dude

PostSubject: Re: Interesting Items on Alibaba   Interesting Items on Alibaba I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 16, 2022 12:21 am

Cosmic_Jumper wrote:
TheDude wrote:
(Snip) These covers seem to be one of the most easily damaged parts. When I was troubleshooting my Reflex fuel delivery problem, I inadvertently overheated it and melted the mounts on the muffler cover. :

How did you manage, what did you do, to overheat the Reflex muffler so much that it resulted in melted shield mounts?

I was keeping the rpm's too high (to keep it running) while on the center stand for the fan to keep it cool. It actually needs a good amount of wind friction to keep it cool. Embarassed
Back to top Go down
The Dude
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
The Dude

PostSubject: Re: Interesting Items on Alibaba   Interesting Items on Alibaba I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 29, 2022 11:28 pm

So I got the Reflex muffler cover today. $18.30 shipped. It's nice. Some slight imperfections around the edges, but certainly not noticeable.

Interesting Items on Alibaba 20220423Interesting Items on Alibaba 20220424
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Interesting Items on Alibaba   Interesting Items on Alibaba I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Interesting Items on Alibaba
Page 1 of 1