Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Hobbies? (Besides maxi scooters, of course?)
Fuel additives test I_icon_minitimeby BrianInVA Sun May 05, 2024 9:19 pm

» Modifying Honda Silver Wing 600
Fuel additives test I_icon_minitimeby Frenchy Sat May 04, 2024 4:11 pm

» checking the oil
Fuel additives test I_icon_minitimeby Erdoc48 Fri May 03, 2024 7:41 am

» Poor man’s Power Commander: IAT Sensor modification (Intake Air Temp Sensor)
Fuel additives test I_icon_minitimeby gavinfdavies Fri May 03, 2024 3:33 am

» Sinko De Mayo
Fuel additives test I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Thu May 02, 2024 7:10 am

» May 2024 forum picture
Fuel additives test I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Thu May 02, 2024 4:42 am

» Strongly considering a one way ride from Texas to Progreso,Mexico and could use some advice
Fuel additives test I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:08 pm

» LF extended back rest
Fuel additives test I_icon_minitimeby Rzor93 Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:14 pm

» FOR SALE - 2009 Silver Wing
Fuel additives test I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:47 am

» Where can I find top-quality electronic tracks?
Fuel additives test I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:43 am

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Fuel additives test

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Cosmic_Jumper
Site Admin
Cosmic_Jumper

Number of posts : 4416
Registration date : 2009-06-12

Fuel additives test Empty
PostSubject: Fuel additives test   Fuel additives test I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 07, 2021 7:26 pm

I hope this isn’t opening another can of worms but, for we who are tucking our scoots in for a winter’s nap, here’s a fuel additives test video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?app=desktop&v=chsGBhB5g7o
Back to top Go down
Dale N.
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Dale N.

Number of posts : 1986
Registration date : 2014-02-13

PostSubject: Re: Fuel additives test   Fuel additives test I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 07, 2021 11:20 pm

I use Seafoam in my gas can for my lawn mower and snow blower. Usually a 6 gallon can of treated gas will last me up to 3 years before I have to fill it up again.
When I know I'm done, or maybe on my last ride I run the tank low and fill it up with non-oxygenated 91 octane fuel. We have a station, Kwik Trip, here in Princeton that I take it to for that fill. I also store my SWing in my attached heated garage over the winter. I don't have the heat turned up but the lowest setting on the thermostat is 40 degrees. That's the temp it sits at unless I want to go work in the garage. Then I turn it up to about 65 and go back in the house and have a cup of coffee and let the furnace cycle a couple of times. That way I can work out there in my short sleeve shirt. So far I haven't had any problems with it starting in the spring... Knock On Wood!!
Back to top Go down
GHM-PM
Site Admin
GHM-PM

Number of posts : 2562
Registration date : 2012-05-17

PostSubject: Re: Fuel additives test   Fuel additives test I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 08, 2021 7:27 am

I use Sta-bil usually. Sounds like a decent choice but I have used Sea Foam in past. I think I will save that for simply cleaning the gas tank not as a storage additive.

Interesting but very STRANGE video, Tim!!! LOL
Back to top Go down
bikehiker
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider
bikehiker

Number of posts : 433
Registration date : 2017-09-07

PostSubject: Re: Fuel additives test   Fuel additives test I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 08, 2021 4:48 pm

Lesson learned by me TWICE: Store with a FULL tank and no additives. Once I stored with about a half tank because I was running the bike occasionally when I got a weather window. This was a Honda Silver Wing with fuel injection! Never had trouble starting before! But when I got a hard months-long snow/freeze, I neglected to fill the tank, BUT put in an additive (can't remember which, I think Seafoam} Come warmer weather, crank, crank. Day after day Nothing. Battery running low. Replaced plugs and drained tank and replaced with new fuel. Crank, crank. Trailered to Honda service. Just a few more cranks from them (why not me?) and it started. Lesson learned? No. Next winter had tank about 60-70 percent full. Thought that would be enough. Crank, crank. With patience and a li-on booster starting battery, after about two days cranking, It started. Dope slap lesson: Fill tank.
Back to top Go down
GHM-PM
Site Admin
GHM-PM

Number of posts : 2562
Registration date : 2012-05-17

PostSubject: Re: Fuel additives test   Fuel additives test I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 08, 2021 9:20 pm

On my Forza before I put it to bed for the winter, I take it for a full tank of fuel and before I fill it, Sta-bil is put in. Then I drive it 5 miles plus to circulate the mixture. No problems so far.

My lawn mower and weedeater are simply run dry and put away!!!
Back to top Go down
Dale N.
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Dale N.

Number of posts : 1986
Registration date : 2014-02-13

PostSubject: Re: Fuel additives test   Fuel additives test I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 08, 2021 9:30 pm

That's one thing my Dad also taught me. Before filling the tank put in whatever additive you are going to use then fill the tank. That mixes them both.
Back to top Go down
oldwingguy
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 1936
Registration date : 2016-01-29

PostSubject: Re: Fuel additives test   Fuel additives test I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2021 8:48 am

GHM-PM wrote:
On my Forza before I put it to bed for the winter, I take it for a full tank of fuel and before I fill it, Sta-bil is put in. Then I drive it 5 miles plus to circulate the mixture. No problems so far.

My lawn mower and weedeater are simply run dry and put away!!!

The last line, my power washer, BEFORE STORAGE RUN GAS TANK DRY. and empty water pump.

With todays crap gas that seems to work.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fuel additives test   Fuel additives test I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Fuel additives test
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum :: Honda Silver Wing :: Maintenance, Tips and Hints-
Jump to: