Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» May 2024 forum picture
RCEME-GLEN’s electrical problem I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Today at 4:42 am

» Sinko De Mayo
RCEME-GLEN’s electrical problem I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Yesterday at 3:33 pm

» checking the oil
RCEME-GLEN’s electrical problem I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:13 pm

» Strongly considering a one way ride from Texas to Progreso,Mexico and could use some advice
RCEME-GLEN’s electrical problem I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:08 pm

» LF extended back rest
RCEME-GLEN’s electrical problem I_icon_minitimeby Rzor93 Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:14 pm

» FOR SALE - 2009 Silver Wing
RCEME-GLEN’s electrical problem I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:47 am

» Where can I find top-quality electronic tracks?
RCEME-GLEN’s electrical problem I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:43 am

» Forgive My Rookie Questions
RCEME-GLEN’s electrical problem I_icon_minitimeby Erdoc48 Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:28 am

» Silver Wing for sale - UK
RCEME-GLEN’s electrical problem I_icon_minitimeby StuartBrown Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:15 am

» Top Box considering that Hi-vis and LED's are my friends
RCEME-GLEN’s electrical problem I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:54 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

RCEME-GLEN’s electrical problem

Go down 
AuthorMessage
RCEME-GLEN
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2021-08-05

RCEME-GLEN’s electrical problem Empty
PostSubject: RCEME-GLEN’s electrical problem   RCEME-GLEN’s electrical problem I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 17, 2021 2:38 pm

Hi Glen here from Quebec, QC, I have been riding my Silverwing FSC600 for three years now, I love it.
Recently however, I killed it electrically, via the accessory lighter plugin. Unfun moment of riding losing all power like that but I was at slow speeds in city. Parked it and towed it off for a more comfortable troubleshooting location. All fuses under seat are good, off comes the left side cover and trying to separate the main relay now without the excessive force bit but those release clips are in some tight spots. I was tempted to snoop to see if it was fused at the lighter plugin but I bailed out and I am sticking with the main relay idea for the 30Amp fuse.
Trouble-shooting In progress on a hot day.
Safe riding folks.

One day later,
For those who bet on the fuse 30 Amp main being the problem, good call. That fairing is very well built and loves its hardware assortment, so avoid that route unless it absolutely, positively needs to be removed.  

Very good design on the positive and negative terminals at the main relay. This slightly off-set design gave me a second chance before I re-installed those terminals on the wrong polarity. I knew I should have marked one of them, but you know the clarity of hindsight right?

Well, it's up again and running, that is what counts.
Back to top Go down

RCEME-GLEN’s electrical problem
Page 1 of 1