Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Top Box considering that Hi-vis and LED's are my friends
Mr. Gordie’s Windscreen Quest I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Today at 9:09 am

» Drive belt prices
Mr. Gordie’s Windscreen Quest I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Today at 5:26 am

» Latest Observations On My New To Me 2004 SW
Mr. Gordie’s Windscreen Quest I_icon_minitimeby landisr Yesterday at 9:15 pm

» FOR SALE - 2009 Silver Wing
Mr. Gordie’s Windscreen Quest I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Yesterday at 7:27 pm

» New to Me Swing
Mr. Gordie’s Windscreen Quest I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Yesterday at 5:39 pm

» LF extended back rest
Mr. Gordie’s Windscreen Quest I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Yesterday at 4:42 pm

» I said Farewell...
Mr. Gordie’s Windscreen Quest I_icon_minitimeby Swingbatter Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:12 pm

» OE Quality Drive Belt
Mr. Gordie’s Windscreen Quest I_icon_minitimeby JohnyC Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:05 am

» Rear shock longevity
Mr. Gordie’s Windscreen Quest I_icon_minitimeby LarryD Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:11 pm

» YSS rear shocks for sale
Mr. Gordie’s Windscreen Quest I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:01 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Mr. Gordie’s Windscreen Quest

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
gordie
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
gordie

Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2021-07-31

Mr. Gordie’s Windscreen Quest Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mr. Gordie’s Windscreen Quest   Mr. Gordie’s Windscreen Quest I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 03, 2021 4:47 pm

Looks like Givi or MRA at moment. Just done a ride round Lincs over the Humber bridge today with my pensioner buddies today around 180 miles of cracking roads, neck is shot!
Back to top Go down
Meldrew
Visiting Curmudgeon
Meldrew

Number of posts : 4178
Registration date : 2010-11-16

PostSubject: Re: Mr. Gordie’s Windscreen Quest   Mr. Gordie’s Windscreen Quest I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 04, 2021 3:57 am

As you're not too far away in East Yorkshire, I still have the Givi Airflow screen I had on my Silver Wing.
Back to top Go down
gordie
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
gordie

PostSubject: Re: Mr. Gordie’s Windscreen Quest   Mr. Gordie’s Windscreen Quest I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 04, 2021 4:42 am

Interested, state of screen & price please . As I'm a numpty at these computering things can you message me somehow without me having to put all my details on open show?
Back to top Go down
gordie
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
gordie

PostSubject: Mr. Gordie’s Windscreen Quest   Mr. Gordie’s Windscreen Quest I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 04, 2021 5:12 am

I've just found a PM button at the bottom of the page, it says I can't use it unless I have 5 posts, well this is the 5th post Mr Meldreth so it should work now.
Back to top Go down
Meldrew
Visiting Curmudgeon
Meldrew

Number of posts : 4178
Registration date : 2010-11-16

PostSubject: Re: Mr. Gordie’s Windscreen Quest   Mr. Gordie’s Windscreen Quest I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 11, 2021 1:26 pm

Mr Gordie's windscreen quest ended today when we met up at Seaways Cafe, a well known bikers cafe in  Fridaythorpe in the Yorkshire Wolds. He bought my Givi Airflow, along with the Silver Wing factory service manual, and DennisB sat nav mount.

It was nice to meet Gordie and have a few words with his wife too.I enjoyed the ride up there today on the Forza, and I hope Gordie enjoys many happy miles with his Airflow equipped Silver Wing.
Back to top Go down
MikeO
Site Admin
MikeO

Number of posts : 3794
Registration date : 2009-06-29

PostSubject: Re: Mr. Gordie’s Windscreen Quest   Mr. Gordie’s Windscreen Quest I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 11, 2021 3:07 pm

Very nice, too. Smile
Back to top Go down
gordie
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
gordie

PostSubject: Re: Mr. Gordie’s Windscreen Quest   Mr. Gordie’s Windscreen Quest I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 11, 2021 5:44 pm

Meldrew wrote:
Mr Gordie's windscreen quest ended today when we met up at Seaways Cafe, a well known bikers cafe in  Fridaythorpe in the Yorkshire Wolds. He bought my Givi Airflow, along with the Silver Wing factory service manual, and DennisB sat nav mount.

It was nice to meet Gordie and have a few words woith his wife too.I enjoyed the ride up there today on the Forza, and I hope Gordie enjoys many happy miles with his Airflow equipped Silver Wing.

Mr Meldrew indeed ended my quest for the airflow which is now sitting happily on my new to me Silverwing. It was great speaking to Mr Meldrew who proudly showed me round his Forza,  I was certainly impressed with his ride. He kindly carried the goods to my car as I am suffering with a bad back and having to use a walking stick. Meldrew did speak with my wife and she commented that he was a nice guy. Thank you Mr Meldrew,  our encounter was very brief due to Hermes drivers leaving garden furniture on our drive and wife wanting to get back home pronto.I hope that our paths meet again soon and we can have a rideout together.

The reason I own an mp3 is because I couldn't knock it over whilst trying to mount/dismount  before and after riding, The mp3''s engine  being broken and in it's 13th week at the dealership in Blackburn awaiting a new camshaft under warranty, it's a long long story but now I have a Silverwing which I can also get on and off without fear of knocking it over. It handles much better than the mp3 and is so much lighter to pick up. The front end of the mp3 is extra heavy, we're talking FJR1300 heavy if it starts tipping over. The suspension could be locked but catch you unawares when setting off if the two wheels were not level. Another problem with the mp3 was that there would be a delay before the tyres would hook up when throwing the bike into a bend whereas the silverwing hooks up straight away in comparison . The top speed of the mp3 is a reported 93mph whereas the wing does 112mph. Acceleration of the mp3 is very slow compared to the Honda, not suprising as it's 500cc and it weighs a ton

The mp3 saved me from having to hang up my riding gear as my last big bike was a cbf1000gt and I couldn't even cock my leg over the seat,  so I am grateful to Piaggio  for the machine but I have never loved to own it whereas I love this Honda. It's a shame that Mr Honda has stopped making large capacity step through scooters. I doubt I could use the new Forzá 750 as the step through part has almost disappearied. Hopefully the wing will carry me well into my 80s where I may be able to give up riding gracefully.  I rest my case!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mr. Gordie’s Windscreen Quest   Mr. Gordie’s Windscreen Quest I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Mr. Gordie’s Windscreen Quest
Page 1 of 1