Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» checking the oil
New to the Forum..great scooter! I_icon_minitimeby COMick Yesterday at 9:46 am

» Hobbies? (Besides maxi scooters, of course?)
New to the Forum..great scooter! I_icon_minitimeby Erdoc48 Yesterday at 6:46 am

» Modifying Honda Silver Wing 600
New to the Forum..great scooter! I_icon_minitimeby Frenchy Sat May 04, 2024 4:11 pm

» Poor man’s Power Commander: IAT Sensor modification (Intake Air Temp Sensor)
New to the Forum..great scooter! I_icon_minitimeby gavinfdavies Fri May 03, 2024 3:33 am

» Sinko De Mayo
New to the Forum..great scooter! I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Thu May 02, 2024 7:10 am

» May 2024 forum picture
New to the Forum..great scooter! I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Thu May 02, 2024 4:42 am

» Strongly considering a one way ride from Texas to Progreso,Mexico and could use some advice
New to the Forum..great scooter! I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:08 pm

» LF extended back rest
New to the Forum..great scooter! I_icon_minitimeby Rzor93 Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:14 pm

» FOR SALE - 2009 Silver Wing
New to the Forum..great scooter! I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:47 am

» Where can I find top-quality electronic tracks?
New to the Forum..great scooter! I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:43 am

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

New to the Forum..great scooter!

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
allhondascoots
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
allhondascoots

Number of posts : 48
Registration date : 2010-02-21

New to the Forum..great scooter! Empty
PostSubject: New to the Forum..great scooter!   New to the Forum..great scooter! I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 21, 2010 12:34 am

Just picked up an 03 with 10K on it from a local in town..great guy, awesome deal and one heck of a ride.
Can't wait for some nice weather! Look forward to getting some good tips and mods from you folks.
This is my first Maxi-scoot but I've got a Big and Lil Ruckus and a 1990 Elite 250..much to the dismay of my wife!

Here's a pic right after I got it...The old fella had it all shiney and everything!

Need some tires...any suggestions?

New to the Forum..great scooter! Swing002
Back to top Go down
tankyuong
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider
tankyuong

Number of posts : 475
Registration date : 2009-07-12

PostSubject: Re: New to the Forum..great scooter!   New to the Forum..great scooter! I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 21, 2010 1:24 am

pirelli diablo
Back to top Go down
JeffR
Site Admin
JeffR

Number of posts : 2596
Registration date : 2008-12-19

PostSubject: Re: New to the Forum..great scooter!   New to the Forum..great scooter! I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 21, 2010 1:34 am

Hi allhonda,

Welcome to the forum and hope you enjoy it. I have to 2nd the Pirelli Diablo's. My OEM (original) tires were the Hoops, and although they are good, I don't feel they are good as the Diablo's. I'm about to put my 4th set of tires on and they will be the diablo's again. I was thinking the Metzlers but I heard they are not any better then the Hoops on wet pavement. If that is the case then I know I will get the Diablo's again. The Diablos, IMO, are better in all ways then the Hoops.

Go to the "Pictorial" section and look at how you can do many things by yourself so you can save some money. You got a good bike with only 10,000 miles. Mine is a 2007 with 28,800 now. Where you from in Ill? I lived in Antioch and Champaign until I came out to california in 1996? Again, welcome.
Back to top Go down
https://www.silverwing600.com
allhondascoots
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
allhondascoots

PostSubject: Re: New to the Forum..great scooter!   New to the Forum..great scooter! I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 21, 2010 10:14 am

I'll have to check out the Pirellis. Thanks for the info.

I'm further south than Champaign...Metro East (IL) side of St Louis...
Back to top Go down
JeffR
Site Admin
JeffR

PostSubject: Re: New to the Forum..great scooter!   New to the Forum..great scooter! I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 21, 2010 1:36 pm

Hi,

I was just on the other silver wing site: www.silverwing.org and someone has used the Metzler tires and is very happy with them. I posted a question to why he likes the Metzlers and I think I will try them. I know I said I would stay with the diablos's but I think I will try them the Metzlers this time. I just had a question about how they handle in the wet conditions. Hope I don't sound indecisive about this but I'm not concerned now about the Metzlers.

Also, there is a scooter club in St Louis you may want to join, if you haven't already. They have many group rides and will have a rally this year too, their 3rd one. Here is the site address: http://stlphins.com/slsc/index.php .

When I get the Metzler's, in about a month, I will post a short term comparison of the Diablo's and the Metzlers. I just like to try different things and then compare them. I'm sure they will be good from the response I received.
Back to top Go down
allhondascoots
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
allhondascoots

PostSubject: Re: New to the Forum..great scooter!   New to the Forum..great scooter! I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 21, 2010 1:49 pm

New to the Forum..great scooter! Icon_mad Great!!!!
Now you tell me .. New to the Forum..great scooter! Icon_rolleyes
I just ordered the Diablos..... New to the Forum..great scooter! Icon_lol
Really.

I'm sure they'll work out fine, and the price was less than the Michelins I was gonna get. Something about the name Metzler reminds me of I Love Lucy's neighbors...Fred and Ethel. But their name was Mertz or something and this is just a rambling thought so nevermind.

And yes, I was checking out the STL scoot club earlier and saw the HAM rally info.
Looks like a blast.

I'll be at WKRP in Cinn in April for sure with the Ruckus group, so the 'Wing will have to follow that up in STL
Back to top Go down
JeffR
Site Admin
JeffR

PostSubject: Re: New to the Forum..great scooter!   New to the Forum..great scooter! I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 21, 2010 1:55 pm

Please don't worry. The Diablo's are really good tires. That is why I'm on my 2nd set. They far exceed the Hoops IMO. If the Metzlers equal the ride quality of the Diablo's I will be doing very good. But I am somewhat "leery" of changing since the Diablo's are so good.

Have fun at all your rally's. I miss the midwest and want to get back to do some riding. Just don't know when I will be able to though.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New to the Forum..great scooter!   New to the Forum..great scooter! I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 21, 2010 6:07 pm

Hello and welcome I live three hours south of St Louis and there are a lot of riders close to us. I am going to HAM ralley and hope to meet you there. There are a lot of us on this forum that will be there and get to meet for the first time.
Back to top Go down
allhondascoots
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
allhondascoots

PostSubject: Re: New to the Forum..great scooter!   New to the Forum..great scooter! I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2010 8:28 pm

Finally got a good look at the tires on my bike.
They are the Hoops and I think that they are original to the bike....see:

New to the Forum..great scooter! Firstwingshots001

My Diablos are shipped!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New to the Forum..great scooter!   New to the Forum..great scooter! I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 25, 2010 8:12 pm

Welcome. Your bike looks great. Looks like they already added a nice windshield and top case for you. Enjoy!!!
Back to top Go down
allhondascoots
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
allhondascoots

PostSubject: Re: New to the Forum..great scooter!   New to the Forum..great scooter! I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 01, 2010 11:35 am

Got my Diablos...
New to the Forum..great scooter! DSC04781

and I just cant leave well enough alone..had to fix a few things that required some disassmbly.

New to the Forum..great scooter! DSC04788

New to the Forum..great scooter! DSC04787
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New to the Forum..great scooter!   New to the Forum..great scooter! I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 01, 2010 3:31 pm

Yikes, it's naked, either that or you parked it in NYC for a bit too long! New to the Forum..great scooter! Lol
Back to top Go down
honda_silver
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
honda_silver

Number of posts : 2453
Registration date : 2008-12-23

PostSubject: Re: New to the Forum..great scooter!   New to the Forum..great scooter! I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 01, 2010 5:53 pm

wes_ingram wrote:
Yikes, it's naked, either that or you parked it in NYC for a bit too long! New to the Forum..great scooter! Lol

The parts would not be there if it was NYC New to the Forum..great scooter! Icon_eek
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New to the Forum..great scooter!   New to the Forum..great scooter! I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 02, 2010 10:37 am

Yes, I'm afraid you are correct Bill.
I have seen skeletal remains of cars on the expressway in NYC.
Everything was gone except the frame, doors, wheels, engine,
trunk lid (a.k.a. boot) hood and fenders, all gone. Amazing. New to the Forum..great scooter! Affraid
Back to top Go down
jdeereanton
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
jdeereanton

Number of posts : 1995
Registration date : 2008-12-24

PostSubject: Re: New to the Forum..great scooter!   New to the Forum..great scooter! I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 02, 2010 1:33 pm

allhondascoots,

Welcome to the forum.

Do consider the Heart of America Maxi Scooter meet-up: https://www.silverwing600.com/rally-information-f2/heart-of-america-maxi-scooter-hams-meet-up-t929.htm
Back to top Go down
http://kimdaleanton.wordpress.com
allhondascoots
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
allhondascoots

PostSubject: Re: New to the Forum..great scooter!   New to the Forum..great scooter! I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 02, 2010 4:57 pm

Thanks Dale.
I'm planning on attending at least some of the events. Looks like its home base is only about 25 minutes away. I joined the STL club too.
Back to top Go down
allhondascoots
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
allhondascoots

PostSubject: Re: New to the Forum..great scooter!   New to the Forum..great scooter! I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 28, 2010 1:45 pm

Finally got it all back together this weekend..and it raining!
(check out my album for more gory pics)

Did a slight color change, fixed some scratches, painted the belt cover, etc

Before:

New to the Forum..great scooter! Swing002

After:

New to the Forum..great scooter! DSC05363

New to the Forum..great scooter! DSC05366
Back to top Go down
honda_silver
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
honda_silver

Number of posts : 2453
Registration date : 2008-12-23

PostSubject: Re: New to the Forum..great scooter!   New to the Forum..great scooter! I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 28, 2010 2:11 pm

allhondascoots wrote:
Finally got it all back together this weekend..and it raining!
(check out my album for more gory pics)

Did a slight color change, fixed some scratches, painted the belt cover, etc

Raised the buttrest ... what else New to the Forum..great scooter! Icon_question
Back to top Go down
allhondascoots
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
allhondascoots

PostSubject: Re: New to the Forum..great scooter!   New to the Forum..great scooter! I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 28, 2010 2:23 pm

12V socket install, GPS mount, replaced weak seat strut with prop rod, new tires....I think thats about it for now.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New to the Forum..great scooter!   New to the Forum..great scooter! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New to the Forum..great scooter!
Page 1 of 1