Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Left brake micro-switch
hi from west wales I_icon_minitimeby Johnboy Today at 8:47 am

» Greetings from a 'Wing' newbie
hi from west wales I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Today at 8:11 am

» Silverwing Brakes
hi from west wales I_icon_minitimeby Silverwingdays Today at 6:20 am

» YSS rear shocks for sale
hi from west wales I_icon_minitimeby StuartBrown Wed May 08, 2024 12:11 pm

» checking the oil
hi from west wales I_icon_minitimeby COMick Tue May 07, 2024 9:46 am

» Hobbies? (Besides maxi scooters, of course?)
hi from west wales I_icon_minitimeby Erdoc48 Tue May 07, 2024 6:46 am

» Modifying Honda Silver Wing 600
hi from west wales I_icon_minitimeby Frenchy Sat May 04, 2024 4:11 pm

» Poor man’s Power Commander: IAT Sensor modification (Intake Air Temp Sensor)
hi from west wales I_icon_minitimeby gavinfdavies Fri May 03, 2024 3:33 am

» Sinko De Mayo
hi from west wales I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Thu May 02, 2024 7:10 am

» May 2024 forum picture
hi from west wales I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Thu May 02, 2024 4:42 am

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

hi from west wales

Go down 
+3
Dale N.
oldwingguy
DaveTheBear
7 posters
AuthorMessage
hondapete
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 33
Registration date : 2021-04-25

hi from west wales Empty
PostSubject: hi from west wales   hi from west wales I_icon_minitimeWed May 19, 2021 3:14 pm

hi, thought i'd introduce myself. my name is pete and due to knackered hip/knee/ankle traded in my cbr600 for a 400 burgman. not liking it at all so looking at a wing instead as i've always been a honda man. really struggling with adjusting to riding a scoot instead of a bike but i'm attempting to slow down a little. i still have a firestorm in the shed though....
Back to top Go down
DaveTheBear
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 46
Registration date : 2019-07-12

hi from west wales Empty
PostSubject: Re: hi from west wales   hi from west wales I_icon_minitimeWed May 19, 2021 3:43 pm

Welcome to the club, Pete!

Similar story here - always had big machines before; GPz 750's, FJ1100, GPz900R, GSX1300R Hayabusa, VF750FD, CBR1000F, BMW K100LT, then 650 Burgman, Piaggio MP3 500, VFR1200F and finally landed my current Silverwing! With my knackered knee, it's the easiest thing I've ridden, by far.

It won't take you long to get used to the different way of riding.. I stalled the Burgman on its test ride 3 times before I got it into my head that there's no clutch and blipping the throttle as I'd always done before was a BAD move! Hah!
I'd never ridden a scooter before, so it took some concentration before I settled in and found the whole experience much easier...

Anyway, welcome to the boards!
Lots of great information from the experts on here, so enjoy!

All the best, Dave!
Back to top Go down
oldwingguy
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 1936
Registration date : 2016-01-29

hi from west wales Empty
PostSubject: Re: hi from west wales   hi from west wales I_icon_minitimeWed May 19, 2021 6:56 pm

Welcome aboard from o-HI-o. Yes it takes a little getting used to but once you do it will be a joy, at least it is for me.
Back to top Go down
Dale N.
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Dale N.

Number of posts : 1987
Registration date : 2014-02-13

hi from west wales Empty
PostSubject: Re: hi from west wales   hi from west wales I_icon_minitimeWed May 19, 2021 9:17 pm

Hi Pete and Welcome to the BEST SWing site on the net.
Like oldwingguy said, It takes some getting use to but once you do it will grow on you. I'm not sure what the speed limit is where you live but here in the states the SWing will do Interstate speeds, 70 or 80 MPH pretty much all day without breathing hard. I have an 08 SWing which I really like a lot.
Back to top Go down
Davetech
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
Davetech

Number of posts : 78
Registration date : 2020-07-08

hi from west wales Empty
PostSubject: Re: hi from west wales   hi from west wales I_icon_minitimeThu May 20, 2021 4:23 am

Hi Pete.
You've got some great roads in West Wales. It's surprising how far you can get your "knee down" on these things. The back tyre is a "proper" motorbike tyre for a reason ;-)
Back to top Go down
Dave Weller
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 85
Registration date : 2011-11-09

hi from west wales Empty
PostSubject: Re: hi from west wales   hi from west wales I_icon_minitimeThu May 27, 2021 7:30 am

Welcome Pete, I have a Silverwing 2010 doing nothing at the the moment, they are the best big Maxi around. Late last year a brought a CBR500R 2018 model and seem to enjoy the sports bike format more.
Shame we are living at different sides across the country or you could try it out for size, but I'm sure it will suit you.
Back to top Go down
Jamesy
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
Jamesy

Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2021-05-23

hi from west wales Empty
PostSubject: Re: hi from west wales   hi from west wales I_icon_minitimeSat May 29, 2021 7:41 am

Hi Pete, welcome. I am new to this forum and like you have primarily ridden motorbikes. However I have just sold my VFR 1200X and now decided that I will be riding a SWing for the rest of my days. I am now into my 60’s and find the Wing perfect for my needs whether it be a short journey to work or the shops or serious long distance touring. These super scoots are great but yes they are not a motorbike. They can be ridden in a docile manner or very hard if the mood takes you.
The only cautionary advice I can give you is the wheels are obviously smaller so they don’t handle as well as a motorbike when you chuck them into roundabouts. I am also wary of the ever increasing number of potholes with the smaller wheels but these too are a problem for motorbikes especially with the depth of the ones we have around here.
Don’t hesitate Pete, go and buy one. They are great machines, as you would expect from Honda.
Back to top Go down
hondapete
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 33
Registration date : 2021-04-25

hi from west wales Empty
PostSubject: Re: hi from west wales   hi from west wales I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 17, 2021 12:59 pm

thanks for the welcome and sorry for the late reply. my son is struggling with mental issues and its very time consuming. he is improving though. cant wait to get a wing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

hi from west wales Empty
PostSubject: Re: hi from west wales   hi from west wales I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

hi from west wales
Page 1 of 1