Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» LF extended back rest
Carpets & Tail Lights I_icon_minitimeby Rzor93 Today at 1:55 pm

» Top Box considering that Hi-vis and LED's are my friends
Carpets & Tail Lights I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Today at 12:54 pm

» Drive belt prices
Carpets & Tail Lights I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Today at 5:26 am

» Latest Observations On My New To Me 2004 SW
Carpets & Tail Lights I_icon_minitimeby landisr Yesterday at 9:15 pm

» FOR SALE - 2009 Silver Wing
Carpets & Tail Lights I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Yesterday at 7:27 pm

» New to Me Swing
Carpets & Tail Lights I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Yesterday at 5:39 pm

» I said Farewell...
Carpets & Tail Lights I_icon_minitimeby Swingbatter Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:12 pm

» OE Quality Drive Belt
Carpets & Tail Lights I_icon_minitimeby JohnyC Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:05 am

» Rear shock longevity
Carpets & Tail Lights I_icon_minitimeby LarryD Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:11 pm

» YSS rear shocks for sale
Carpets & Tail Lights I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:01 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Carpets & Tail Lights

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
FrancoisJ
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
FrancoisJ

Number of posts : 31
Registration date : 2021-02-11

Carpets & Tail Lights Empty
PostSubject: Carpets & Tail Lights   Carpets & Tail Lights I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 31, 2021 4:50 am

I "spiced" the Givi K52 up with carpets.  Did the same for the under-the-seat space. Waste of time and money?  Perhaps.  Having been blessed of previously owning 3 Gold Wings, it seemed naturally that the luggage spaces should have carpets to hide the plain plastics and look "better".  Some Gold Wing owners (me included) shared this idea.  Not in the same category as shiny farcles all over the Wing to show off as some preferred ... Carpets (I feel) are personal as no-one sees them - makes the Swing owner feel better!  (Lol).

Also tried to make the tail area more visible with some led's.  Ridning ligts, break lights as well as turn signals included in one led strip, that I installed under the lenses of the Givi. A labour intensive job (for me), but the "lust" for tinkering became a reward.  Here are some pics:

Carpets & Tail Lights Givi_k11
Carpets & Tail Lights Givi_k10
Carpets & Tail Lights Silver10Carpets & Tail Lights Breakl11
Carpets & Tail Lights Indica11
Back to top Go down
Meldrew
Visiting Curmudgeon
Meldrew

Number of posts : 4178
Registration date : 2010-11-16

PostSubject: Re: Carpets & Tail Lights   Carpets & Tail Lights I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 01, 2021 4:03 am

Givi used to sell a moulded soft top box liner that covered the bottom half of their E52 top box. I bought one my my E52 about 15 years ago and it's spent the last 10 years inside my Givi E55. The E55 shares the same box dimensions as the E52, the extra 3 litres storage is due to it's extra height. 

I didn't line the box to 'spice' it up, I prefer to store my expensive Schuberth helmet in there rather than under the seat and the soft foam saves me using a helmet bag.

I also lined the base of my Givi CY 25 bicycle top box with some foam mesh, it was a few minutes work with a pair of scissors and is there just to cover the sunken bolts attaching the box to my bikes rear carrier.
Back to top Go down
FrancoisJ
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
FrancoisJ

Number of posts : 31
Registration date : 2021-02-11

PostSubject: CARPETS & TAIL LIGHTS   Carpets & Tail Lights I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 01, 2021 4:49 am

Meldrew wrote:
Givi used to sell a moulded soft top box liner that covered the bottom half of their E52 top box. I bought one my my E52 about 15 years ago and it's spent the last 10 years inside my Givi E55. The E55 shares the same box dimensions as the E52, the extra 3 litres storage is due to it's extra height. 

I didn't line the box to 'spice' it up, I prefer to store my expensive Schuberth helmet in there rather than under the seat and the soft foam saves me using a helmet bag.

I also lined the base of my Givi CY 25 bicycle top box with some foam mesh, it was a few minutes work with a pair of scissors and is there just to cover the sunken bolts attaching the box to my bikes rear carrier.

Good morning Meldrew. I guess we're on the same page. I used the term "spice up" loosely - it looks better and it makes it a better place for the helmet to live in! As well as other dear stuff when riding.
A question: What chrome lugguage rack did you use? I need to put one on my E52. I see quite a number of these racks being advertised, but I'm also careful that any rack should be one that can be installed on a flat surface.
Back to top Go down
Meldrew
Visiting Curmudgeon
Meldrew

Number of posts : 4178
Registration date : 2010-11-16

PostSubject: Re: Carpets & Tail Lights   Carpets & Tail Lights I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 01, 2021 6:29 am

G'day Francois, I have no use for a luggage rack on a top box, I just wouldn't use it. For reasons long forgotten I fitted one on an early Givi top box I had on a MZ back in my biking days. Didn't use it once.

In fact the only riders I’ve seen using top box lid racks are Harley Davidson and Gold Wing riders.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Carpets & Tail Lights   Carpets & Tail Lights I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Carpets & Tail Lights
Page 1 of 1