Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Hobbies? (Besides maxi scooters, of course?)
Introduction and Tune up tips I_icon_minitimeby BrianInVA Sun May 05, 2024 9:19 pm

» Modifying Honda Silver Wing 600
Introduction and Tune up tips I_icon_minitimeby Frenchy Sat May 04, 2024 4:11 pm

» checking the oil
Introduction and Tune up tips I_icon_minitimeby Erdoc48 Fri May 03, 2024 7:41 am

» Poor man’s Power Commander: IAT Sensor modification (Intake Air Temp Sensor)
Introduction and Tune up tips I_icon_minitimeby gavinfdavies Fri May 03, 2024 3:33 am

» Sinko De Mayo
Introduction and Tune up tips I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Thu May 02, 2024 7:10 am

» May 2024 forum picture
Introduction and Tune up tips I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Thu May 02, 2024 4:42 am

» Strongly considering a one way ride from Texas to Progreso,Mexico and could use some advice
Introduction and Tune up tips I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:08 pm

» LF extended back rest
Introduction and Tune up tips I_icon_minitimeby Rzor93 Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:14 pm

» FOR SALE - 2009 Silver Wing
Introduction and Tune up tips I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:47 am

» Where can I find top-quality electronic tracks?
Introduction and Tune up tips I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:43 am

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Introduction and Tune up tips

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
salehwood
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2012-11-25

Introduction and Tune up tips Empty
PostSubject: Introduction and Tune up tips   Introduction and Tune up tips I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 30, 2021 4:01 pm

Hey everyone out there I have owned a 2009 for 5 years and not riding much and when I got on it recently, it started fine and idled but going down the road it wouldn't accelerate as it should but if you let off it ran ok. I figured to drain the fuel and change a plug and put some seafoam or such in it and try again but I unscrewed the side panels and don't know how to pull them off without breaking the tabs. Please help getting them off and if you want call me at 903 530 8677. Much appreciated, I need to get out and ride this time of year especially!
Danny
Back to top Go down
oldwingguy
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 1936
Registration date : 2016-01-29

PostSubject: Re: Introduction and Tune up tips   Introduction and Tune up tips I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 30, 2021 5:25 pm

Why not EZ 1st, buy a can of Sea Foam or Techron Fuel system cleaner, empty the old gas out as best you can put a full can of either product in fill with fresh fuel and try driving around for a while. It has 2 spark plugs, I don't know the conditions it was stored in but maybe the air cleaner needs replaced or at the least see if the mice have built a nest in it.
Back to top Go down
salehwood
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: Introduction and Tune up tips   Introduction and Tune up tips I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 30, 2021 7:47 pm

Thanks old wing guy I was going to suck all the gas out and try new with additive. How do I access the plugs? What brand and number is recommended?
Back to top Go down
Terry Smith
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider
Terry Smith

Number of posts : 388
Registration date : 2020-03-11

PostSubject: Re: Introduction and Tune up tips   Introduction and Tune up tips I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 30, 2021 8:11 pm

Plug access is possible through the small maintenance cover on the tunnel, lift the seat and a small screw either side needs to be removed then the cover slips forward and up. Standard plug is NGK CR8EH-9, the plug spanner should be in the toolkit. The side panels below the seat only need removal for the air fliter (right side).
Back to top Go down
salehwood
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: Introduction and Tune up tips   Introduction and Tune up tips I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 30, 2021 8:31 pm

thank you Terry, I am bound for NZ some day, I have a friend whose family has sheep farm(fancy that) Name is Mclean. I do realize its one of the most beautiful countries with equally beautiful people!
Back to top Go down
Terry Smith
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider
Terry Smith

Number of posts : 388
Registration date : 2020-03-11

PostSubject: Re: Introduction and Tune up tips   Introduction and Tune up tips I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 30, 2021 9:44 pm

New Zealand used to be a country of 60 million sheep of which 4 million thought they were people...

Lots fewer sheep these days, but more sheeple sadly.

You can find a downloadable copy of the Silver Wing service manual on the Facebook page.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/167150373692150/files
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Introduction and Tune up tips   Introduction and Tune up tips I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Introduction and Tune up tips
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum :: Introductions-
Jump to: