Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Hobbies? (Besides maxi scooters, of course?)
Electric SILVER WING I_icon_minitimeby BrianInVA Yesterday at 9:19 pm

» Modifying Honda Silver Wing 600
Electric SILVER WING I_icon_minitimeby Frenchy Sat May 04, 2024 4:11 pm

» checking the oil
Electric SILVER WING I_icon_minitimeby Erdoc48 Fri May 03, 2024 7:41 am

» Poor man’s Power Commander: IAT Sensor modification (Intake Air Temp Sensor)
Electric SILVER WING I_icon_minitimeby gavinfdavies Fri May 03, 2024 3:33 am

» Sinko De Mayo
Electric SILVER WING I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Thu May 02, 2024 7:10 am

» May 2024 forum picture
Electric SILVER WING I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Thu May 02, 2024 4:42 am

» Strongly considering a one way ride from Texas to Progreso,Mexico and could use some advice
Electric SILVER WING I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:08 pm

» LF extended back rest
Electric SILVER WING I_icon_minitimeby Rzor93 Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:14 pm

» FOR SALE - 2009 Silver Wing
Electric SILVER WING I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:47 am

» Where can I find top-quality electronic tracks?
Electric SILVER WING I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:43 am

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Electric SILVER WING

Go down 
+3
oldwingguy
Cosmic_Jumper
ramy gamal
7 posters
AuthorMessage
ramy gamal
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
ramy gamal

Number of posts : 22
Registration date : 2015-01-06

Electric SILVER WING Empty
PostSubject: Electric SILVER WING   Electric SILVER WING I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 12, 2020 3:07 am

Hi to all the members of silver wing Forum that i'm a proud to  be a member of .

There is a topic i would like to share it with you guys.

as we all know the electric engins are the future for cars , motorcycles , scooters ,trains ......etc

Therefore i was wounding if one day will see an electric silver wing with 250 miles per charge and it's acceleration from 0 to 60 in 2 seconds with self balancing, air bag, traction control, 17 inch wheels, electric adaptive suspension, self driving, and lots of storage so you can have 55 liters under seat, on the right side and on the left side as well like side cases.
swing
Back to top Go down
Cosmic_Jumper
Site Admin
Cosmic_Jumper

Number of posts : 4416
Registration date : 2009-06-12

PostSubject: Re: Electric SILVER WING   Electric SILVER WING I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 12, 2020 6:59 am

You’ve described Akira’s bike with side cases.

So why not some enterprising lad bodge together something using Toyota Prius drive wheels...
Back to top Go down
Cosmic_Jumper
Site Admin
Cosmic_Jumper

PostSubject: Re: Electric SILVER WING   Electric SILVER WING I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 12, 2020 7:09 am

Electric SILVER WING Ff0f2e10
Back to top Go down
oldwingguy
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 1936
Registration date : 2016-01-29

PostSubject: Re: Electric SILVER WING   Electric SILVER WING I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 12, 2020 7:58 am

If you want fast and electric go for the one of a kind Volkswagen I.D.R it beat the Pike Peak record by a full 16 seconds. Zero to 60, 2 seconds top speed ? well over 200 mph. Problem Smile 16 miles range on it's current battery set up.
Back to top Go down
GHM-PM
Site Admin
GHM-PM

Number of posts : 2562
Registration date : 2012-05-17

PostSubject: Re: Electric SILVER WING   Electric SILVER WING I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 12, 2020 8:24 am

Interesting idea but not sure electric IS the wave of the future. My reading shows the cost of materials of producing electric vehicles is becoming prohibitive. And scarce. We shall see. I know from people that own Prius' that replacing the battery pack is comparable to replacing a motor in most gas powered vehicles price-wise.

Electric is feasible in urban areas perhaps, but here in the West the distances are great so not sure it would be practical.

Might be a fun experiment for someone, just not ME tongue
Back to top Go down
oldwingguy
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 1936
Registration date : 2016-01-29

PostSubject: Re: Electric SILVER WING   Electric SILVER WING I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 12, 2020 8:54 am

The big drawback isn't so much the range as it is the " refuel " time and yes the West does have miles and miles of nothing but miles SmileSmile
Back to top Go down
ramy gamal
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
ramy gamal

Number of posts : 22
Registration date : 2015-01-06

PostSubject: Re: Electric SILVER WING   Electric SILVER WING I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 12, 2020 9:12 am

Cosmic_Jumper

Akira’s bike is a bike that its height from the ground is low , I am talking about a silver wing with adaptive suspension that you can choose between the types of rides you like , so you can choose between asphalt ride or off road ride so the adaptive suspension will give the height and the stiffness that is suitable for off road ride, or you can choose asphalt road with different modes like sport , comfort .... etc,

it really going to be the perfect scooter to ride
Back to top Go down
Cosmic_Jumper
Site Admin
Cosmic_Jumper

PostSubject: Re: Electric SILVER WING   Electric SILVER WING I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 12, 2020 10:09 am

ramy gamal wrote:
Akira’s bike is a bike that its height from the ground is low ,  I am talking about a silver wing with adaptive suspension that you can choose between the types of rides you like , so you can choose between asphalt ride  or off road ride so the adaptive suspension will give the height and the stiffness that is suitable for off road ride, or you can choose asphalt road with different modes like sport , comfort .... etc,

The push of a button on the cockpit console would change all that. 

That’d be similar to already existing adaptive suspension (magnetic fluid) technology.
Back to top Go down
bikehiker
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider
bikehiker

Number of posts : 433
Registration date : 2017-09-07

PostSubject: Re: Electric SILVER WING   Electric SILVER WING I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 12, 2020 8:26 pm

Ramy, good description of what many of us would like. It may not be a SilverWing, but it's coming. Most big MC companies already have prototypes and some road-ready electrics in showrooms.
Other companies are competing well. Ranges and charge times will improve.

Not for all tastes, but appropriate to fit many needs:

https://www.silverwing600.com/t11892-nqigts-pro-electric-scooter
Back to top Go down
Mech 1 twa
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Mech 1 twa

Number of posts : 1382
Registration date : 2016-01-02

PostSubject: Re: Electric SILVER WING   Electric SILVER WING I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 12, 2020 9:07 pm

GHM-PM wrote:
Interesting idea but not sure electric IS the wave of the future. My reading shows the cost of materials of producing electric vehicles is becoming prohibitive. And scarce. We shall see. I know from people that own Prius' that replacing the battery pack is comparable to replacing a motor in most gas powered vehicles price-wise.

Electric is feasible in urban areas perhaps, but here in the West the distances are great so not sure it would be practical.

Might be a fun experiment for someone, just not ME tongue

Exactly correct. Everybody advertising Zero emission vehicles not really!!!
Heavy metals in battery. Recycling and production costs. Where dose the electricity come from to recharge battery come from? Solar panels low output on cloudy days. Wind turbines don't turn if no wind. All sounds great on paper bit if the power goes out out at your house affraid A nice transition with proper back up works.
Back to top Go down
Dale N.
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Dale N.

Number of posts : 1986
Registration date : 2014-02-13

PostSubject: Re: Electric SILVER WING   Electric SILVER WING I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 12, 2020 10:34 pm

oldwingguy wrote:
If you want fast and electric go for the one of a kind Volkswagen I.D.R it beat the Pike Peak record by a full 16 seconds. Zero  to 60, 2 seconds top  speed ? well over 200 mph. Problem Smile 16 miles range on it's current battery set up.

Well, heck, with a top speed of over 200 mph, when it ran out of juice it could coast for another 75 miles or so. Piece of Cake... chickendance
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Electric SILVER WING   Electric SILVER WING I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Electric SILVER WING
Page 1 of 1