Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» YSS rear shocks for sale
purrfection I_icon_minitimeby StuartBrown Today at 12:11 pm

» checking the oil
purrfection I_icon_minitimeby COMick Yesterday at 9:46 am

» Hobbies? (Besides maxi scooters, of course?)
purrfection I_icon_minitimeby Erdoc48 Yesterday at 6:46 am

» Modifying Honda Silver Wing 600
purrfection I_icon_minitimeby Frenchy Sat May 04, 2024 4:11 pm

» Poor man’s Power Commander: IAT Sensor modification (Intake Air Temp Sensor)
purrfection I_icon_minitimeby gavinfdavies Fri May 03, 2024 3:33 am

» Sinko De Mayo
purrfection I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Thu May 02, 2024 7:10 am

» May 2024 forum picture
purrfection I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Thu May 02, 2024 4:42 am

» Strongly considering a one way ride from Texas to Progreso,Mexico and could use some advice
purrfection I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:08 pm

» LF extended back rest
purrfection I_icon_minitimeby Rzor93 Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:14 pm

» FOR SALE - 2009 Silver Wing
purrfection I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:47 am

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

purrfection

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
oldwingguy
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 1936
Registration date : 2016-01-29

purrfection Empty
PostSubject: purrfection   purrfection I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2020 6:06 pm

101.2 miles of it today, glorious sunshine warm breezes beautiful fall colors and curvy smooth roads, for an ole guy it doesn't get much better.
Back to top Go down
GoonerKev
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider
GoonerKev

Number of posts : 409
Registration date : 2019-04-09

purrfection Empty
PostSubject: Re: purrfection   purrfection I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 27, 2020 5:11 am

Sounds ideal, glad you had a good ride.
Back to top Go down
Meldrew
Visiting Curmudgeon
Meldrew

Number of posts : 4179
Registration date : 2010-11-16

purrfection Empty
PostSubject: Re: purrfection   purrfection I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 27, 2020 5:31 am

It sounds as if you had a better day than I had yesterday, we went to the famous Box Hill in Surrey. Now I've known for years this was a famous bikers hang out for this part of the world, and I've never had the slightest interest in riding there to do whatever bikers do there.

So imagine how I felt yesterday, having to first cross a set of stepping stones thinking I was going on a gentle country walk, then having go up this endless series of rough hewn steps. Whenever I thought I was near the top, there was another bloody set, and then another, and another etc.
Back to top Go down
GoonerKev
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider
GoonerKev

purrfection Empty
PostSubject: Re: purrfection   purrfection I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 27, 2020 7:32 am

Meldrew wrote:
It sounds as if you had a better day than I had yesterday, we went to the famous Box Hill in Surrey. Now I've known for years this was a famous bikers hang out for this part of the world, and I've never had the slightest interest in riding there to do whatever bikers do there.

Meldrew
That is about 3 miles from me, and all the bikers meet there mainly on a Sunday, all kitted up like "Power Rangers" and guaranteed 1 big accident a week !

Just out of interest, do you drive a Toyota C-HR ?
Back to top Go down
oldwingguy
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

purrfection Empty
PostSubject: Re: purrfection   purrfection I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 27, 2020 8:04 am

This sounds like visiting our Conkles Hollow area, up the stairs and trails, 200+ feet of vertical rise VERY quickly.

So imagine how I felt yesterday, having to first cross a set of stepping stones thinking I was going on a gentle country walk, then having go up this endless series of rough hewn steps. Whenever I thought I was near the top, there was another bloody set, and then another, and another etc.[/quote]
Back to top Go down
sonuvabug
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
sonuvabug

Number of posts : 929
Registration date : 2010-09-15

purrfection Empty
PostSubject: Re: purrfection   purrfection I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 27, 2020 11:54 am

oldwingguy wrote:
101.2 miles of it today, glorious sunshine warm breezes beautiful fall colors and curvy smooth roads, for an ole guy it doesn't get much better.

We had the same weather as you oldwingguy and I spent the full day riding some new-to-me roads in ski country (Hockley and Beaver Valley for those who are curious/want to know). It truly was glorious and the trees are about 20% turned in their fall colour scheme. The next two weeks should be amazing colour-wise.
Back to top Go down
Meldrew
Visiting Curmudgeon
Meldrew

Number of posts : 4179
Registration date : 2010-11-16

purrfection Empty
PostSubject: Re: purrfection   purrfection I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 27, 2020 3:18 pm

GoonerKev wrote:
Meldrew wrote:

Meldrew
That is about 3 miles from me, and all the bikers meet there mainly on a Sunday, all kitted up like "Power Rangers" and guaranteed 1 big accident a week !

Just out of interest, do you drive a Toyota C-HR ?

Seen plenty of riders out this morning heading up to Box Hill in their Sunday best posing gear. Which had me thinking how many of these bikes will be SORNed at the end of the month until next April.

We were in Chilworth today visiting family and the walk we had round where the old Gunpowder Works use to be was a lot more enjoyable than yesterday. Eating out has changed a lot too, everything now is plated up for you and it never seems piping hot like pre-Lockdown.

A special mention must also go to Silent Pool Gin, which is made in the Surrey Hills

No Toyota CH-R for us Kev, we're simple Northern folk.
Back to top Go down
GoonerKev
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider
GoonerKev

purrfection Empty
PostSubject: Re: purrfection   purrfection I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 27, 2020 5:02 pm

Meldrew
Glad you had a better day today, Yes I have tried some of the Silent Pool Gin, a great little company.
Oh OK I'm on the C-HR Forum, there was someone on there with the name Meldrew from up North.
Is that the Gunpower works near the canal ?
Back to top Go down
PeteP
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 79
Registration date : 2020-08-31

purrfection Empty
PostSubject: Re: purrfection   purrfection I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 30, 2020 11:51 pm

Oldwingguy,
Things here in New Mexico have been excellent weather wise. Low to mid 80’s clear blue skies, just great riding weather. We also have trails that start at around 7,000 feet and go up past tree line at around 12,000 feet of elevation. Those trails just go on for miles so I can relate.
Back to top Go down
oldwingguy
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

purrfection Empty
PostSubject: Re: purrfection   purrfection I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 01, 2020 11:23 am

PeteP BTD in your state jeeping it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

purrfection Empty
PostSubject: Re: purrfection   purrfection I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

purrfection
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum :: Riding :: Rides and Stories-
Jump to: