Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Sinko De Mayo
Bodywork paint repair  I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Yesterday at 3:33 pm

» May 2024 forum picture
Bodywork paint repair  I_icon_minitimeby Dale N. Yesterday at 10:44 am

» checking the oil
Bodywork paint repair  I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:13 pm

» Strongly considering a one way ride from Texas to Progreso,Mexico and could use some advice
Bodywork paint repair  I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:08 pm

» LF extended back rest
Bodywork paint repair  I_icon_minitimeby Rzor93 Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:14 pm

» FOR SALE - 2009 Silver Wing
Bodywork paint repair  I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:47 am

» Where can I find top-quality electronic tracks?
Bodywork paint repair  I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:43 am

» Forgive My Rookie Questions
Bodywork paint repair  I_icon_minitimeby Erdoc48 Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:28 am

» Silver Wing for sale - UK
Bodywork paint repair  I_icon_minitimeby StuartBrown Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:15 am

» Top Box considering that Hi-vis and LED's are my friends
Bodywork paint repair  I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:54 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Bodywork paint repair

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Rederic
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2020-04-04

Bodywork paint repair  Empty
PostSubject: Bodywork paint repair    Bodywork paint repair  I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 17, 2020 5:28 am

Hello everyone –
I’ve got this silver wing I might buy but I’m not sure about how difficult this repair would be…
I don’t know if the fairing is ABS or fiberglass…
And I am wondering if it’s possible to get a spray can of this blue perfectly matchedBodywork paint repair  742bb410
Back to top Go down
Terry Smith
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider
Terry Smith

Number of posts : 388
Registration date : 2020-03-11

PostSubject: Re: Bodywork paint repair    Bodywork paint repair  I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 17, 2020 5:40 am

The fairing parts are all ABS.
Back to top Go down
PeteP
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 79
Registration date : 2020-08-31

PostSubject: Re: Bodywork paint repair    Bodywork paint repair  I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 15, 2020 6:22 pm

Terry,
Just read your posting and having done plastic repair on other bikes I’d suggest that you find a replacement panel, plastic is a bear to repair and never seems to stay repaired. I had to touch up the paint on mine and used a Colorite kit. It has the primer, base coat, and clear coat. It also has tape, sandpaper, wipe cloths, a tack cloth and polishing compound. It comes out pretty close to perfect but you have work at it.
Back to top Go down
sonuvabug
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
sonuvabug

Number of posts : 929
Registration date : 2010-09-15

PostSubject: Re: Bodywork paint repair    Bodywork paint repair  I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 15, 2020 8:50 pm

Rederic, the ABS panels on the Silver Wing are very repairable.  I've repaired a few cracked panels, rebuilt missing tabs etc. and with the right basic equipment and correct materials, you can restore older broken ones back to new looking.  

That front fairing is pretty expensive so it's worth trying a repair job.  Too bad somebody took off the Red Green's duct tape repair ...  you wouldn't have had to do anything if it was still on.  lol

Go to You Tube and search for Windy Urtnowski -- fairing repair.  Dat's where I gots a batch uv muh  lernin' from.  He does some pretty fine work.

In Canada, Plast-Aid is hard to come by but there is another identical brand that does a great job.  

Also, I have some new and gently used panels I've been thinking of selling that you may be interested in.  I have the meter panel (the dials sit behind it), the upper dashboard and cubby lids (they are the desired textured black ones from 2007 and on ... not the colour coded ones).

I also have the lower panel that goes directly below the above mentioned dash panel (I think I have a brand new one and an extra used one that has a small crack that needs to be repaired).

If you're interested, I can send you the part numbers or you can send me the parts numbers of the ones you need.  Since you can't send a PM yet (you don't have 5 posts), simply post up here if you're interested and we'll connect somehow.

Is that Vancouver B.C. or WA?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bodywork paint repair    Bodywork paint repair  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Bodywork paint repair
Page 1 of 1