Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» OE Quality Drive Belt
She's Gone I_icon_minitimeby JohnyC Today at 5:05 am

» LF extended back rest
She's Gone I_icon_minitimeby Rzor93 Yesterday at 2:21 pm

» New to Me Swing
She's Gone I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Yesterday at 10:56 am

» I said Farewell...
She's Gone I_icon_minitimeby Swingbatter Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:52 am

» FOR SALE - 2009 Silver Wing
She's Gone I_icon_minitimeby bkr62rsk Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:28 am

» Drive belt prices
She's Gone I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:28 am

» Latest Observations On My New To Me 2004 SW
She's Gone I_icon_minitimeby Meldrew Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:37 am

» Rear shock longevity
She's Gone I_icon_minitimeby LarryD Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:11 pm

» YSS rear shocks for sale
She's Gone I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:01 pm

» For Sale - New 26g Dr Pulley Sliders
She's Gone I_icon_minitimeby welshman in canada Sun Apr 21, 2024 1:37 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

She's Gone

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
EvilTwin
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
EvilTwin

Number of posts : 190
Registration date : 2017-05-30

She's Gone Empty
PostSubject: She's Gone   She's Gone I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 14, 2020 4:10 pm

The day finally got here.  My Swing has left the building.  New owner (new rider too) picked it up today with her boyfriend.   Sad to see it go, I was still riding it to work, but most of the joyrides have been on the BMW.  

For now I will enjoy the bit of extra space in the garage.  Whether it stays with just two bikes just depends on whether I find something else that tickles my fancy and isnt much more than what I sold her for.  

Thanks for all the help over the last couple of years and stay safe.

Bob

This is how she looked today when I sold her.

She's Gone BYl5eBm
Back to top Go down
rustysdream
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 114
Registration date : 2020-02-26

She's Gone Empty
PostSubject: Re: She's Gone   She's Gone I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 14, 2020 4:14 pm

That's a beautiful bike. I'm sure the new owner will enjoy riding it for a long time.
BTW, how did you get that matching color on the top case? Is it factory paint?
Back to top Go down
sc00ter
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 231
Registration date : 2018-07-16

She's Gone Empty
PostSubject: Re: She's Gone   She's Gone I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 14, 2020 10:35 pm

Wonder if we will see it on the road? Also, did you tell them about the site? That was one clean Swing!
Back to top Go down
EvilTwin
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
EvilTwin

She's Gone Empty
PostSubject: Re: She's Gone   She's Gone I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 15, 2020 8:10 am

rustysdream wrote:
That's a beautiful bike. I'm sure the new owner will enjoy riding it for a long time.
BTW, how did you get that matching color on the top case? Is it factory paint?

That was a box I got off Amazon in that color. I think they also sold it in a white and a silver. They stopped carrying it, it was sold under the brand name of Bestem. It was a very good match of the factory color. The new owner will probably ditch it, she wants the bike to look "slick". I told her she might want to rethink that, since it allows you to carry so much more if you make a grocery run. I also had to remove the backrest extension for them. To each his own.
Back to top Go down
EvilTwin
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
EvilTwin

She's Gone Empty
PostSubject: Re: She's Gone   She's Gone I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 15, 2020 8:16 am

sc00ter wrote:
Wonder if we will see it on the road? Also, did you tell them about the site? That was one clean Swing!

It left for Norfolk yesterday, though she lives out by Harbor View. No, didn't mention the site.

It was a nice bike, I'll miss it for sure. I don't mind the extra room in the garage, I can move on both sides now, where before one side was blocked.

I think besides having more room, I was getting a bit bored with it too. Even though the wife doesn't want to hear it, if I happen across something else that strikes a chord, I may just get it. A while back, someone listed a BMW F650 that caught my eye. Having a mini adventure bike may be something to consider.
Back to top Go down
rustysdream
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider

She's Gone Empty
PostSubject: Re: She's Gone   She's Gone I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 15, 2020 9:26 am

EvilTwin wrote:
That was a box I got off Amazon in that color.  I think they also sold it in a white and a silver.  They stopped carrying it, it was sold under the brand name of Bestem.    It was a very good match of the factory color.  The new owner will probably ditch it, she wants the bike to look "slick".  I told her she might want to rethink that, since it allows you to carry so much more if you make a grocery run.  I also had to remove the backrest extension for them.  To each his own.

Thanks, EvilTwin.
If you're still in touch with the buyer, please tell them that I would be interested in buying both the top box and the back rest extension (hoping that the shipping cost wouldn't kill the deal).
Cheers,

Frank
Back to top Go down
EvilTwin
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
EvilTwin

She's Gone Empty
PostSubject: Re: She's Gone   She's Gone I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 15, 2020 9:34 pm

rustysdream wrote:
EvilTwin wrote:
That was a box I got off Amazon in that color.  I think they also sold it in a white and a silver.  They stopped carrying it, it was sold under the brand name of Bestem.    It was a very good match of the factory color.  The new owner will probably ditch it, she wants the bike to look "slick".  I told her she might want to rethink that, since it allows you to carry so much more if you make a grocery run.  I also had to remove the backrest extension for them.  To each his own.

Thanks, EvilTwin.
If you're still in touch with the buyer, please tell them that I would be interested in buying both the top box and the back rest extension (hoping that the shipping cost wouldn't kill the deal).
Cheers,

Frank

I have the backrest part, she didnt want that. If I ever hear back from her, I'll ask about the box.
Back to top Go down
rustysdream
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider

She's Gone Empty
PostSubject: Re: She's Gone   She's Gone I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 15, 2020 9:40 pm

Thank you. PM sent.
Back to top Go down
exavid
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 2658
Registration date : 2009-07-17

She's Gone Empty
PostSubject: Re: She's Gone   She's Gone I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 15, 2020 10:08 pm

I'll second the recommendation for the Bestem box. I installed on on a previous Silverwing. Much better buy for the money than the GIVI. Mine came with a mounting plate that had a connection to the socket on the box. You could have auxiliary brake lights. Quality was good, very solid. Sure be sad if they're not available anymore
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

She's Gone Empty
PostSubject: Re: She's Gone   She's Gone I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

She's Gone
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum :: Honda Silver Wing-
Jump to: