Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Top Box considering that Hi-vis and LED's are my friends
Exaust now has a heavy smell all of a sudden when before it didn't. I_icon_minitimeby JohnyC Today at 6:39 am

» Drive belt prices
Exaust now has a heavy smell all of a sudden when before it didn't. I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Today at 5:26 am

» Latest Observations On My New To Me 2004 SW
Exaust now has a heavy smell all of a sudden when before it didn't. I_icon_minitimeby landisr Yesterday at 9:15 pm

» FOR SALE - 2009 Silver Wing
Exaust now has a heavy smell all of a sudden when before it didn't. I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Yesterday at 7:27 pm

» New to Me Swing
Exaust now has a heavy smell all of a sudden when before it didn't. I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Yesterday at 5:39 pm

» LF extended back rest
Exaust now has a heavy smell all of a sudden when before it didn't. I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Yesterday at 4:42 pm

» I said Farewell...
Exaust now has a heavy smell all of a sudden when before it didn't. I_icon_minitimeby Swingbatter Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:12 pm

» OE Quality Drive Belt
Exaust now has a heavy smell all of a sudden when before it didn't. I_icon_minitimeby JohnyC Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:05 am

» Rear shock longevity
Exaust now has a heavy smell all of a sudden when before it didn't. I_icon_minitimeby LarryD Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:11 pm

» YSS rear shocks for sale
Exaust now has a heavy smell all of a sudden when before it didn't. I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:01 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Exaust now has a heavy smell all of a sudden when before it didn't.

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
XDM©
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
XDM©

Number of posts : 110
Registration date : 2019-10-20

Exaust now has a heavy smell all of a sudden when before it didn't. Empty
PostSubject: Exaust now has a heavy smell all of a sudden when before it didn't.   Exaust now has a heavy smell all of a sudden when before it didn't. I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 04, 2019 6:20 pm

I noticed that all of a sudden I'm having a obnoxious smell coming from my exaust when before I never had a smell. Bike still runs fine but that smell is odd. I was wondering what it could be. I thought my exaust was loose (the main top bolt fell off once without my noticing and later that day I put a new one. ) So I thought that maybe the stress on the pipe made it leak out before it got the muffler but even the smoke coming directly from the muffler also smells like that so I don't think my catalytic converter is bad I think. Perhaps spark plug is going? Thoughts?
Back to top Go down
The Bern
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
The Bern

Number of posts : 897
Registration date : 2014-11-20

PostSubject: Re: Exaust now has a heavy smell all of a sudden when before it didn't.   Exaust now has a heavy smell all of a sudden when before it didn't. I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 05, 2019 5:44 am

I guess Winter has arrived in Pennsylvania ? I also guess you notice this more when the engine is cold ? If so don't worry about it bud, its just the fuel enrichment device (choke) working as it should.
Back to top Go down
XDM©
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
XDM©

Number of posts : 110
Registration date : 2019-10-20

PostSubject: Re: Exaust now has a heavy smell all of a sudden when before it didn't.   Exaust now has a heavy smell all of a sudden when before it didn't. I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 05, 2019 11:22 am

Ah, ok yes it is now winter. The first colder weather kicked in. And the smell does go away after my engine warms up. Thanks for clarifying that.
Back to top Go down
steve_h80
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert

Number of posts : 998
Registration date : 2016-05-15

PostSubject: Re: Exaust now has a heavy smell all of a sudden when before it didn't.   Exaust now has a heavy smell all of a sudden when before it didn't. I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 05, 2019 3:35 pm

Another possibility to consider.
A long ago in a land far away I used to keep my bike in a friends garage. He had a cat. The cat took a leak on my bike. The first I knew of this was when I stopped and the exhaust had heated up.
Back to top Go down
Easyrider
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Easyrider

Number of posts : 1012
Registration date : 2015-12-18

PostSubject: Re: Exaust now has a heavy smell all of a sudden when before it didn't.   Exaust now has a heavy smell all of a sudden when before it didn't. I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 05, 2019 6:57 pm

Gasoline companies change the fuel composition at the start of winter and summer. Maybe that coupled with the automatic choke causes that particular smell. Just my 2¢😀
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Exaust now has a heavy smell all of a sudden when before it didn't.   Exaust now has a heavy smell all of a sudden when before it didn't. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Exaust now has a heavy smell all of a sudden when before it didn't.
Page 1 of 1