Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

Hi, Welcome to the Silverwing 600 Forum. We ask that you be polite and also introduce yourself on your 1st post. The members are friendly and helpful so just have fun. There is www.maxi-scoots.com site that is geared for all scooters and motorcycles.

HomeGallerySearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Repairing panel damage video
Exaust now has a heavy smell all of a sudden when before it didn't. I_icon_minitimeby exavid Yesterday at 11:55 pm

» My Batwing fix
Exaust now has a heavy smell all of a sudden when before it didn't. I_icon_minitimeby Sepp Yesterday at 9:53 pm

» Help! I need a new front rim.
Exaust now has a heavy smell all of a sudden when before it didn't. I_icon_minitimeby Cosmic_Jumper Yesterday at 11:40 am

» MadStad Windscreen
Exaust now has a heavy smell all of a sudden when before it didn't. I_icon_minitimeby Dale N. Fri Dec 06, 2019 11:23 am

» Exaust now has a heavy smell all of a sudden when before it didn't.
Exaust now has a heavy smell all of a sudden when before it didn't. I_icon_minitimeby Easyrider Thu Dec 05, 2019 6:57 pm

» Cheap at twice the price
Exaust now has a heavy smell all of a sudden when before it didn't. I_icon_minitimeby steve_h80 Thu Dec 05, 2019 3:32 pm

» exhaust tightness question
Exaust now has a heavy smell all of a sudden when before it didn't. I_icon_minitimeby Hiyo Thu Dec 05, 2019 12:01 am

» Front Wobble on Decel
Exaust now has a heavy smell all of a sudden when before it didn't. I_icon_minitimeby Mech 1 twa Wed Dec 04, 2019 9:16 pm

» It's been a while
Exaust now has a heavy smell all of a sudden when before it didn't. I_icon_minitimeby exavid Wed Dec 04, 2019 3:48 pm

» Re-Introduce Myself
Exaust now has a heavy smell all of a sudden when before it didn't. I_icon_minitimeby Cosmic_Jumper Wed Dec 04, 2019 10:16 am

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Exaust now has a heavy smell all of a sudden when before it didn't.

Go down 
AuthorMessage
XDM©
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2019-10-20

Exaust now has a heavy smell all of a sudden when before it didn't. Empty
PostSubject: Exaust now has a heavy smell all of a sudden when before it didn't.   Exaust now has a heavy smell all of a sudden when before it didn't. I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 04, 2019 6:20 pm

I noticed that all of a sudden I'm having a obnoxious smell coming from my exaust when before I never had a smell. Bike still runs fine but that smell is odd. I was wondering what it could be. I thought my exaust was loose (the main top bolt fell off once without my noticing and later that day I put a new one. ) So I thought that maybe the stress on the pipe made it leak out before it got the muffler but even the smoke coming directly from the muffler also smells like that so I don't think my catalytic converter is bad I think. Perhaps spark plug is going? Thoughts?
Back to top Go down
The Bern
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
The Bern

Number of posts : 819
Registration date : 2014-11-20

PostSubject: Re: Exaust now has a heavy smell all of a sudden when before it didn't.   Exaust now has a heavy smell all of a sudden when before it didn't. I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 05, 2019 5:44 am

I guess Winter has arrived in Pennsylvania ? I also guess you notice this more when the engine is cold ? If so don't worry about it bud, its just the fuel enrichment device (choke) working as it should.
Back to top Go down
XDM©
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2019-10-20

PostSubject: Re: Exaust now has a heavy smell all of a sudden when before it didn't.   Exaust now has a heavy smell all of a sudden when before it didn't. I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 05, 2019 11:22 am

Ah, ok yes it is now winter. The first colder weather kicked in. And the smell does go away after my engine warms up. Thanks for clarifying that.
Back to top Go down
steve_h80
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider

Number of posts : 493
Registration date : 2016-05-15

PostSubject: Re: Exaust now has a heavy smell all of a sudden when before it didn't.   Exaust now has a heavy smell all of a sudden when before it didn't. I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 05, 2019 3:35 pm

Another possibility to consider.
A long ago in a land far away I used to keep my bike in a friends garage. He had a cat. The cat took a leak on my bike. The first I knew of this was when I stopped and the exhaust had heated up.
Back to top Go down
Easyrider
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
Easyrider

Number of posts : 845
Registration date : 2015-12-18

PostSubject: Re: Exaust now has a heavy smell all of a sudden when before it didn't.   Exaust now has a heavy smell all of a sudden when before it didn't. I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 05, 2019 6:57 pm

Gasoline companies change the fuel composition at the start of winter and summer. Maybe that coupled with the automatic choke causes that particular smell. Just my 2¢😀
Back to top Go down

Exaust now has a heavy smell all of a sudden when before it didn't.
Page 1 of 1