Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» YSS rear shocks for sale
Compact panel mounted voltmeter by Martel #QM 100V I_icon_minitimeby StuartBrown Today at 12:11 pm

» checking the oil
Compact panel mounted voltmeter by Martel #QM 100V I_icon_minitimeby COMick Yesterday at 9:46 am

» Hobbies? (Besides maxi scooters, of course?)
Compact panel mounted voltmeter by Martel #QM 100V I_icon_minitimeby Erdoc48 Yesterday at 6:46 am

» Modifying Honda Silver Wing 600
Compact panel mounted voltmeter by Martel #QM 100V I_icon_minitimeby Frenchy Sat May 04, 2024 4:11 pm

» Poor man’s Power Commander: IAT Sensor modification (Intake Air Temp Sensor)
Compact panel mounted voltmeter by Martel #QM 100V I_icon_minitimeby gavinfdavies Fri May 03, 2024 3:33 am

» Sinko De Mayo
Compact panel mounted voltmeter by Martel #QM 100V I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Thu May 02, 2024 7:10 am

» May 2024 forum picture
Compact panel mounted voltmeter by Martel #QM 100V I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Thu May 02, 2024 4:42 am

» Strongly considering a one way ride from Texas to Progreso,Mexico and could use some advice
Compact panel mounted voltmeter by Martel #QM 100V I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:08 pm

» LF extended back rest
Compact panel mounted voltmeter by Martel #QM 100V I_icon_minitimeby Rzor93 Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:14 pm

» FOR SALE - 2009 Silver Wing
Compact panel mounted voltmeter by Martel #QM 100V I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:47 am

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Compact panel mounted voltmeter by Martel #QM 100V

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
DennisB
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 2778
Registration date : 2008-12-28

Compact panel mounted voltmeter by Martel #QM 100V Empty
PostSubject: Compact panel mounted voltmeter by Martel #QM 100V   Compact panel mounted voltmeter by Martel #QM 100V I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 07, 2009 11:37 am

Hi All,
If your into keeping an eye on your batteries voltage here is a small voltage meter that mounts in a single hole and is splash proof.

Only 2 wire are needed for hook-up with aligator clips for a quike look to see if your charging system is working.
I have one installed on my old 59 Harley's handel bars so I can monitor the voltage in the old 6 Volt battery system. Seems to work well and keeps me informed of what's going on with the charging system.

This meter has a 1/2" tall numbers and the whole unit is 1.71" wide, .84" tall, and comes with a rear seal. It can be mounted in the trunk with a small switch or just about any where.

Their is only one down side to this little meter, it's not back-lighted.

Here is a thread to the manufactures web site: check it out Shocked

http://www.marteltesttools.com/products.php?cat=113&action=detail&id=69

DennisB :D

Compact panel mounted voltmeter by Martel #QM 100V Meter10
Back to top Go down
honda_silver
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
honda_silver

Number of posts : 2453
Registration date : 2008-12-23

PostSubject: Re: Compact panel mounted voltmeter by Martel #QM 100V   Compact panel mounted voltmeter by Martel #QM 100V I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 07, 2009 9:09 pm

DennisB wrote:
Hi All,
If your into keeping an eye on your batteries voltage here is a small voltage meter that mounts in a single hole and is splash proof.

Only 2 wire are needed for hook-up with aligator clips for a quike look to see if your charging system is working.
I have one installed on my old 59 Harley's handel bars so I can monitor the voltage in the old 6 Volt battery system. Seems to work well and keeps me informed of what's going on with the charging system.

This meter has a 1/2" tall numbers and the whole unit is 1.71" wide, .84" tall, and comes with a rear seal. It can be mounted in the trunk with a small switch or just about any where.

Their is only one down side to this little meter, it's not back-lighted.

Here is a thread to the manufactures web site: check it out Shocked

http://www.marteltesttools.com/products.php?cat=113&action=detail&id=69

This LED meter is backlight and dims at night http://www.digitalmeter.com/cgi-bin/webshop.cgi?config=configspc.txt

Here is a pretty picture installed on a SWing.
http://www.silverwing.org/cgi-bin/image_show.pl?img=%2fmwf%2fattach%2f69%2f22969%2f_MG_6367.jpg

I purchased the meter and am planning on installing it in the same location.
Back to top Go down
JeffR
Site Admin
JeffR

Number of posts : 2596
Registration date : 2008-12-19

PostSubject: Re: Compact panel mounted voltmeter by Martel #QM 100V   Compact panel mounted voltmeter by Martel #QM 100V I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 07, 2009 9:36 pm

Bill,

In your picture is that the small red screen on the handle bar cover? It looks nice.

Dennis,

Do you notice the voltage dropping much when you plug things in? And is the SWing a 13.4 volt and not 12v? Thanks.
Back to top Go down
https://www.silverwing600.com
DennisB
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

PostSubject: Re: Compact panel mounted voltmeter by Martel #QM 100V   Compact panel mounted voltmeter by Martel #QM 100V I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 07, 2009 9:50 pm

Hi Bill,
Wow.....Now that's alot nicer than the one I used on the Harley. I hope you are planing on buying the Bezel. That would give it a more finished look. How are you going to hook up the wiring? :D

Jeff,
On my old 59 FLH Harley nothing gets pluged in. You have to be kidding me.

Compact panel mounted voltmeter by Martel #QM 100V Finish10[img]

Compact panel mounted voltmeter by Martel #QM 100V Old_re10[img]

Compact panel mounted voltmeter by Martel #QM 100V Finish16
Back to top Go down
honda_silver
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
honda_silver

PostSubject: Re: Compact panel mounted voltmeter by Martel #QM 100V   Compact panel mounted voltmeter by Martel #QM 100V I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 07, 2009 11:58 pm

JeffR wrote:
In your picture is that the small red screen on the handle bar cover?

Yes

The photo is from Wendell Thompson (Thomphoto) on silverwing.org.

JeffR wrote:
It looks nice.

Yes it does.
Back to top Go down
honda_silver
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
honda_silver

PostSubject: Re: Compact panel mounted voltmeter by Martel #QM 100V   Compact panel mounted voltmeter by Martel #QM 100V I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 08, 2009 12:06 am

DennisB wrote:
I hope you are planing on buying the Bezel. That would give it a more finished look.

For me .... I like the look without the Bezel ... it makes it look like it was designed for it.

DennisB wrote:
How are you going to hook up the wiring?

Underneath the front cowl

1) Near the base of the glove box is a grounding block
2) Cut into the upper portion of the glove box is a powerplate

Attach one wire to the grounding block and one wire to the powerplate.
That is why I love my wiring ... which I designed to make future additions very easy.

You can see in this picture: http://www.silverwing.org/cgi-bin/image_show.pl?img=%2fmwf%2fattach%2f60%2f12960%2fFront_power.rsz.jpg

Here is the entire post: http://www.silverwing.org/cgi-bin/topic_show.pl?pid=12960#pid12960
Back to top Go down
JeffR
Site Admin
JeffR

Number of posts : 2596
Registration date : 2008-12-19

PostSubject: Re: Compact panel mounted voltmeter by Martel #QM 100V   Compact panel mounted voltmeter by Martel #QM 100V I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 08, 2009 12:08 am

Dennis,

That is a nice looking Harley. Do you still have it and how does it compare in power or speed to the SWing? It seems that the SWing is faster then some and slower then others.
Back to top Go down
https://www.silverwing600.com
DennisB
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

PostSubject: Re: Compact panel mounted voltmeter by Martel #QM 100V   Compact panel mounted voltmeter by Martel #QM 100V I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 08, 2009 7:23 am

Hi Jeff,

One of the things that I have learned in my life is not to hurt other peoples feelings, even on a forum like this one. People are important, not what they ride or what they own, but people and frendships.

Yes, I still own the harley. My den is full of trophy's that this bike has won over the years. But these trophy's are just things, that's all. It's hard to part with it after putting so much into it over the years but then again.... it is just a thing.

The swing is faster and easier to handle.... I think. But Old Red has alot more bottom end, raw, and I do mean raw power than the swing. I like the SilverWing better. From what I have herd, "you meet the nicest people on a Honda" I think that's true and hope that it will never change.

DennisB

P.S. Bill....Lots of luck on that!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Compact panel mounted voltmeter by Martel #QM 100V   Compact panel mounted voltmeter by Martel #QM 100V I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Compact panel mounted voltmeter by Martel #QM 100V
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum :: Honda Silver Wing :: Accessories & Modifications-
Jump to: