Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Silver Wing for sale - UK
Sit and Fly seat cover I_icon_minitimeby StuartBrown Today at 12:15 pm

» Where can I find top-quality electronic tracks?
Sit and Fly seat cover I_icon_minitimeby ButlerZoie Today at 11:21 am

» Forgive My Rookie Questions
Sit and Fly seat cover I_icon_minitimeby Kunamika Hopper Today at 4:47 am

» Strongly considering a one way ride from Texas to progreso, and could use some advice
Sit and Fly seat cover I_icon_minitimeby Kunamika Hopper Today at 4:27 am

» LF extended back rest
Sit and Fly seat cover I_icon_minitimeby LarryD Today at 3:54 am

» Top Box considering that Hi-vis and LED's are my friends
Sit and Fly seat cover I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Yesterday at 7:54 pm

» Drive belt prices
Sit and Fly seat cover I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Yesterday at 12:26 pm

» Latest Observations On My New To Me 2004 SW
Sit and Fly seat cover I_icon_minitimeby landisr Yesterday at 4:15 am

» FOR SALE - 2009 Silver Wing
Sit and Fly seat cover I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Yesterday at 2:27 am

» New to Me Swing
Sit and Fly seat cover I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Yesterday at 12:39 am

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Sit and Fly seat cover

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Wing808
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
Wing808

Number of posts : 19
Registration date : 2019-08-25

Sit and Fly seat cover Empty
PostSubject: Sit and Fly seat cover   Sit and Fly seat cover I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 13, 2019 1:27 pm

Anybody has this cover?
Was looking for a replacement seat, used or new but most are crazy expensive plus shipping.
Saw this and read some good reviews so trying it out.
It doesn't really take the shape of the seat but stretches tight and hugs the seat to take the shape but not the crevices of the backrest of the driver and passenger humps.
Material is not soft you can sort of see in the picture but don't know what it's made of.

Sit and Fly seat cover Img_3310
Sit and Fly seat cover Img_3311
Back to top Go down
Wing808
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
Wing808

PostSubject: Re: Sit and Fly seat cover   Sit and Fly seat cover I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 13, 2019 1:39 pm

This is without the driver backrest...

Sit and Fly seat cover Img_3312

This is how it's mounted under the seat...

Sit and Fly seat cover Img_3313

The problem is that the material is thick and the latch that locks and holds the seat can't close and grab without my weight and force to latch it to close it, then the center latch won't let go unless you press where the center latch is then turn the key to unlatch it.
Back to top Go down
DLK
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
DLK

Number of posts : 75
Registration date : 2019-04-02

PostSubject: Re: Sit and Fly seat cover   Sit and Fly seat cover I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 14, 2019 2:53 am

O sure now you post this......Mad . I ordered one and am waiting on the slow boat to bring it to me to check it out. Im looking to cover up the hard parts when the drivers butt stop is removed...
Back to top Go down
Wing808
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
Wing808

PostSubject: Re: Sit and Fly seat cover   Sit and Fly seat cover I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 14, 2019 3:03 am

DLK wrote:
O sure now you post this......Mad . I ordered one and am waiting on the slow boat to bring it to me to check it out. Im looking to cover up the hard parts when the drivers butt stop is removed...

So now you have an idea of what the product looks like close up and how it installs what do you think about it now Laughing

I rode down the road and I can feel a little sliding side to side when turning and front to back while take off and stopping Shocked

Maybe it’s gotta settle and break in over time scratch
Back to top Go down
DLK
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
DLK

PostSubject: Re: Sit and Fly seat cover   Sit and Fly seat cover I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 14, 2019 7:48 pm

Got mine and tried it… Not a fan. Comfy to sit on but to much under the seat to close properly as Wing808 stated, and it’s kind of rough against the paint … I did like the feel and that it lifted me up a little bit but didn’t like the fit and what it did to the seat. If I was at all crafty it could be cut down and installed properly and could be nice. But as is is bunched up to much under the seat for me.
I do think the on a bolt down seat like a motorcycle it would be nice to sit on….

Dan
Back to top Go down
DLK
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
DLK

PostSubject: Re: Sit and Fly seat cover   Sit and Fly seat cover I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 21, 2019 8:57 pm

And if any member with over 6 months being a member would like to try the sit and fly for shipping only  please just post up and send me a pm. Maybe it will work for someone else.

Dan
Back to top Go down
Wing808
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
Wing808

PostSubject: Re: Sit and Fly seat cover   Sit and Fly seat cover I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 22, 2019 3:34 am

Hope you get to sell the cover....
One reason I got the cover was to hide my damaged seat till I find a replacement seat which is hard to find in a used but OEM condition. I also noticed it does make me sit a little higher but I do have a short inseam 😄.
It will suffice till then, who knows I might end up having never finding a replacement seat, new is just to costly for a 2005 Swing.
Back to top Go down
DLK
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
DLK

PostSubject: Re: Sit and Fly seat cover   Sit and Fly seat cover I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 22, 2019 7:04 am

Wing808 wrote:
Hope you get to sell the cover....
One reason I got the cover was to hide my damaged seat till I find a replacement seat which is hard to find in a used but OEM condition. I also noticed it does make me sit a little higher but I do have a short inseam 😄.
It will suffice till then, who knows I might end up having never finding a replacement seat, new is just to costly for a 2005 Swing.

Just to be clear, Im mot selling it. It is 100% free to any member over 6 months. Pick up in cincinnati, If you want mailed to you you would have to pay the postage. Thats all.

Thanks
 Dan
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sit and Fly seat cover   Sit and Fly seat cover I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sit and Fly seat cover
Page 1 of 1