Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» OE Quality Drive Belt
Veteran member returning to site I_icon_minitimeby JohnyC Today at 5:05 am

» LF extended back rest
Veteran member returning to site I_icon_minitimeby Rzor93 Yesterday at 2:21 pm

» New to Me Swing
Veteran member returning to site I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Yesterday at 10:56 am

» I said Farewell...
Veteran member returning to site I_icon_minitimeby Swingbatter Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:52 am

» FOR SALE - 2009 Silver Wing
Veteran member returning to site I_icon_minitimeby bkr62rsk Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:28 am

» Drive belt prices
Veteran member returning to site I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:28 am

» Latest Observations On My New To Me 2004 SW
Veteran member returning to site I_icon_minitimeby Meldrew Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:37 am

» Rear shock longevity
Veteran member returning to site I_icon_minitimeby LarryD Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:11 pm

» YSS rear shocks for sale
Veteran member returning to site I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:01 pm

» For Sale - New 26g Dr Pulley Sliders
Veteran member returning to site I_icon_minitimeby welshman in canada Sun Apr 21, 2024 1:37 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Veteran member returning to site

Go down 
+5
GHM-PM
Dale N.
Mighty Mouse
Cosmic_Jumper
Haskell
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Haskell
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2008-12-23

Veteran member returning to site Empty
PostSubject: Veteran member returning to site   Veteran member returning to site I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 06, 2019 9:42 pm

Hi,

I actually joined 12/23/2008. Haven't visited the group for a while.
I ride a 2002 Honda Silverwing, bought my first in November 02.
Bought my current 02 Silverwing in June 2004. It has about 76,000 miles on the odometer.
I ride regularly, getting together with friends from the old Scootercade Days, and others, two to three times a year for about a week.
Still enjoy the Silverwing, have sold all my motorcycles and added an 05 Burgman 400, 07 Burgman 400, and an 08 Burgman 650 Executive to my riding stable. Pure Scooter Trash!!
Good to see Cosmic-Jumper and some others I remember still on the group.
Wishing everyone a good year.
Back to top Go down
Cosmic_Jumper
Site Admin
Cosmic_Jumper

Number of posts : 4416
Registration date : 2009-06-12

PostSubject: Re: Veteran member returning to site   Veteran member returning to site I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 06, 2019 11:54 pm

Looks like ya can't keep a good man down.
Back to top Go down
Mighty Mouse
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Mighty Mouse

Number of posts : 116
Registration date : 2017-05-03

PostSubject: Re: Veteran member returning to site   Veteran member returning to site I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 07, 2019 2:53 am

I can understand 2 scoots.....but do you have enough behinds to ride 4 scoots? Smile
Back to top Go down
Dale N.
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Dale N.

Number of posts : 1983
Registration date : 2014-02-13

PostSubject: Re: Veteran member returning to site   Veteran member returning to site I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 07, 2019 7:02 am

Mighty Mouse wrote:
I can understand 2 scoots.....but do you have enough behinds to ride 4 scoots? Smile

That's not the hard part. The hard part is deciding which one to ride today. I'd have a headache from trying to decide. Or, maybe just number them. Then whatever day of the week it is then that's the one that gets the ride.
Back to top Go down
Haskell
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: Veteran member returning to site   Veteran member returning to site I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 07, 2019 7:07 am

Two were bargains I bought to resell. I will sell them.............someday.... Yes, I make time to ride them all. Some days I ride most, or all, on various errands around town.

Sent from Topic'it App
Back to top Go down
GHM-PM
Site Admin
GHM-PM

Number of posts : 2555
Registration date : 2012-05-17

PostSubject: Re: Veteran member returning to site   Veteran member returning to site I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 07, 2019 7:29 am

Welcome Haskell! Glad you made it back on here.
Back to top Go down
oldwingguy
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 1936
Registration date : 2016-01-29

PostSubject: Re: Veteran member returning to site   Veteran member returning to site I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 07, 2019 8:48 am

Haskell welcome back, no problem deciding, put the keys in a container and pull a set out when you walk out the door, whatever the key fits ride it Smile
Back to top Go down
bikehiker
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider
bikehiker

Number of posts : 433
Registration date : 2017-09-07

PostSubject: Re: Veteran member returning to site   Veteran member returning to site I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 09, 2019 2:40 pm

Welcome back. Wow! 76,000 miles. I will be happy when my SWing gets halfway there. Not IF...........WHEN.
Back to top Go down
johnd
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert

Number of posts : 543
Registration date : 2010-02-01

PostSubject: Re: Veteran member returning to site   Veteran member returning to site I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 12, 2019 11:57 am

Shame on you forever leaving. As punishment, you will have to ride 200 miles today and report back to all of us. motorcycle
Back to top Go down
Haskell
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: Veteran member returning to site   Veteran member returning to site I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2019 7:51 pm

Didn't ride 200 miles Tuesday. Did get rides in on three of the scoots. I didn't leave the group, just seemed all the Silverwing Groups slowed down for a while. I was one the first to join this group.
I have enjoyed, and still enjoy posts on the group. Looking forward to visiting regularly again.
I have organized a ride May 19-23, the "FullaBull in Hannibal" Missouri. Fourteen of us  are registered at the Motel 6 in Hannibal, MO. We will ride out from there Monday - Wednesday. We welcome anyone who wants to join us for one, or more, day rides. PM me if interested.
Back to top Go down
Chris Olson
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
Chris Olson

Number of posts : 250
Registration date : 2014-06-22

PostSubject: Re: Veteran member returning to site   Veteran member returning to site I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 18, 2019 9:35 pm

Well, I'm not veteran or anything. But I came back too last year. Then the site quit, then it started up again. I mostly read these days. Can't ride this time of year, as we're stuck in bad snow and ice.

We bought a pair of 2002's and had a blast with them. Mostly touring, went to Alaska on them. Then we decide two-up was the thing to do. So we rode the Harley for a couple years two-up. That was not the thing to do. Wife got tired of it and a Harley don't have the luggage capacity of two Silver Wings on the road. So then I came across a slightly used 2012 that hadn't made it to its first oil change yet. Couldn't pass it up so I bought it. Then we went searching for one for my wife. We found a brand new 2013 still in stock at a dealership in central Wisconsin with 2 miles on it. We made our final two-up ride on my 2012 to our local dealership to sign the paperwork and buy it.

We got it for $5,499 and we paid an extra $500 to do a dealer trade so we could get it thru our local dealer. We got a Givi windscreen and found a matching Bestem top box (the fancy lined one with lights on the back of it) for my wife's bike. So we once again have matching Silver Wings. They aren't new anymore. We put a little over 10,000 miles on them last summer. And made another trip to Alaska. Came home across Canada to Thunder Bay, and then down the Lake Superior North Shore back to Wisconsin.

But we're happy again. Supposedly the Silver Wing was "outdated", whatever. But it remains, in my estimation, the best super-scoot for touring ever built.

I remember in Sept 2001 when it first appeared in the US market, I bought a new ST1100 from the local dealer. I was signing the paperwork, etc., and where did my wife go? She was gone. She had spotted a brand new 2002 sitting in the line outside, grabbed another sales person and took it for a ride. She back from her test ride and said, "I really like this". At the time, I discounted it and told her, "it's not a real motorcycle." She frowned and told me, "it's just as real as that crotch rocket you just got, and I would like one of these."

17 years later it's still the same words of wisdom - if at first you don't succeed, then do what your wife said in the first place.........
Back to top Go down
Haskell
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: Veteran member returning to site   Veteran member returning to site I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 18, 2019 10:41 pm

Chris,

Nice to know you can both enjoy riding! We have several days that are good for riding this time of year here in southeast Missouri.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Veteran member returning to site   Veteran member returning to site I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Veteran member returning to site
Page 1 of 1