Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» checking the oil
A big thanks from me I_icon_minitimeby COMick Yesterday at 9:46 am

» Hobbies? (Besides maxi scooters, of course?)
A big thanks from me I_icon_minitimeby Erdoc48 Yesterday at 6:46 am

» Modifying Honda Silver Wing 600
A big thanks from me I_icon_minitimeby Frenchy Sat May 04, 2024 4:11 pm

» Poor man’s Power Commander: IAT Sensor modification (Intake Air Temp Sensor)
A big thanks from me I_icon_minitimeby gavinfdavies Fri May 03, 2024 3:33 am

» Sinko De Mayo
A big thanks from me I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Thu May 02, 2024 7:10 am

» May 2024 forum picture
A big thanks from me I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Thu May 02, 2024 4:42 am

» Strongly considering a one way ride from Texas to Progreso,Mexico and could use some advice
A big thanks from me I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:08 pm

» LF extended back rest
A big thanks from me I_icon_minitimeby Rzor93 Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:14 pm

» FOR SALE - 2009 Silver Wing
A big thanks from me I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:47 am

» Where can I find top-quality electronic tracks?
A big thanks from me I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:43 am

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

A big thanks from me

Go down 
+4
joebillybobinark
Old Limey
Dale N.
Mrmoz
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Mrmoz
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 32
Registration date : 2018-08-23

A big thanks from me Empty
PostSubject: A big thanks from me   A big thanks from me I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 19, 2018 1:49 pm

Just want to say a big thank you to admin for letting people join this site again. Scooters aren't that popular in the UK as race reps and adventure bikes etc. My silverwing purchase was a real gamble as I've never even ridden a scooter before but I love it and can't ever see me on a clutch and gears bike again. That said the swing is a rare bird over here in England and joining this page has really helped me  so far with little tips and video links. Thanks again guys and long live these amazing 600cc scoots.
Back to top Go down
Dale N.
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Dale N.

Number of posts : 1986
Registration date : 2014-02-13

PostSubject: Re: A big thanks from me   A big thanks from me I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 19, 2018 1:53 pm

You are welcome. That's what this site is all about. Helping other SWing riders/owners.
Back to top Go down
Old Limey
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
Old Limey

Number of posts : 921
Registration date : 2010-06-09

PostSubject: Re: A big thanks from me   A big thanks from me I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 19, 2018 2:00 pm

Not that rare Mrmoz. I bought my first silverwing in 2010. In 2014 I traded it in for a new Silverwing after covering 40,000mls. My current silverwing I just serviced at 40,032mls. Meldrew, The Bern and many others in the UK ride Silverwings all year round. In archives you will find many tips and advice on servicing and maintaining your Silverwing. Welcome to the site.
Back to top Go down
Mrmoz
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: A big thanks from me   A big thanks from me I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 19, 2018 3:01 pm

I've read because of its high price at launch the silverwing didn't fly out of the showroom. But its a quality well made machine and we all no honda's arnt cheap. I've yet to see another yet but I know there out there. Many bikes stood for years after honda stopped making them think I've seen a 15 plate on ebay for over 5 grand
Back to top Go down
joebillybobinark
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 82
Registration date : 2017-04-19

PostSubject: Re: A big thanks from me   A big thanks from me I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 19, 2018 9:10 pm

Dale N. wrote:
You are welcome. That's what this site is all about. Helping other SWing riders/owners.

Speak for yourself... I was promised free cookies to be here...

Shocked Shocked Shocked
Back to top Go down
Dale N.
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Dale N.

Number of posts : 1986
Registration date : 2014-02-13

PostSubject: Re: A big thanks from me   A big thanks from me I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 20, 2018 1:53 am

joebillybobinark, Someone must have really really messed up. A promise made should be kept. I'm not sure who promised you free cookies but they should be fired. I'm very very sorry that you didn't get them so I'm sending these just for you. I hope you enjoy them.

A big thanks from me Cookie10

chickendance chickendance chickendance
Back to top Go down
Meldrew
Visiting Curmudgeon
Meldrew

Number of posts : 4179
Registration date : 2010-11-16

PostSubject: Re: A big thanks from me   A big thanks from me I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 20, 2018 4:30 am

I find it quite amusing when I read comments about the Silver Wing being rare. I always find it irritating when mine is parked up somewhere and I'm minding my own business, I get the occasional numpty in bike gear coming up to me asking what it is, because they've never seen one before, followed by the usual what size is it, and how fast will it go.

It irritates me because the Silver Wing has been around virtually unchanged since late 2000, the blokes asking me are usually middle aged and over and aren't novice riders, and don't look as though theyl've been locked away from the outside world since 2000.

Now even if they aren't too bright, a quick glance at my scooter reveals Honda written large front and back, and large Silver Wing logos emblazoned on the sides. This should give the game away, but obviously doesn't.

Long before and after the internet became the medium for information, Silver Wings were also the subject of numerous road tests and articles in motorcycle magazines and papers.  They were in the Honda UK model line up until discontinued in 2016, so both new and used and used models were on display in dealerships.

They were regularly on the stands at annual motorcycle shows, new and used Silver Wings were offered for sale in the same magazines and papers that featured them in articles,  dealers websites, Bike Trader, MCN, and eBay etc.

That's before you consider the ones that are in use out on the road, and anyone that spends time reading maxi scooter forums are bound to read stuff posted by both new and long time owners.

Back to top Go down
GHM-PM
Site Admin
GHM-PM

Number of posts : 2562
Registration date : 2012-05-17

PostSubject: Re: A big thanks from me   A big thanks from me I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 20, 2018 6:35 am

In the US they are rare unless you belong to a scooter club. The first one I ever saw was MINE sitting on the showroom floor at my Honda dealer n 2012. Loved it, bought it, and still have it. But most people don't tour on them (it's a scooter after all). But I took Honda at their word and use mine for trips and tours and it works GREAT. Oh well, I guess just enjoy it, and the questions that come along with it on a trip. People do not seem threatened by it and do ask all about it.
Back to top Go down
Mrmoz
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: A big thanks from me   A big thanks from me I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 20, 2018 8:11 am

If they still made it I'd buy 1 new iam that impressed with it. Yamaha do the tmax 500 and suzuki do the burgman 650 shame honda don't do a modern version of this awesome bike. The xdv is OK but it's a hybrid of a motorbike and scooter. Mind a maxi scooter these days are over 10 grand and that's a lot for a scooter
Back to top Go down
Old Limey
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
Old Limey

Number of posts : 921
Registration date : 2010-06-09

PostSubject: Re: A big thanks from me   A big thanks from me I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 20, 2018 9:42 am

I often get Burgman owners wandering around my Wing when it is parked up. I had two old chaps on Burgman 400's asking questions last week. I have started getting the same reaction to my Cruisym300. Not many of them around. I like to have something a little different makes me get the feeling " I know something you don't know".
Back to top Go down
Mech 1 twa
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Mech 1 twa

Number of posts : 1382
Registration date : 2016-01-02

PostSubject: Re: A big thanks from me   A big thanks from me I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 20, 2018 7:58 pm

I never even considered a scooter until I started to look for something automatic. Looked at Honda DTC bikes and did some research and found SW. Did some more searching and found a new one at great price. No regrets so far.

Third year on SW don't see many in this area. See the same ones here and there know the riders by their gear or color of SW. Two ships passing but never met another SW rider at any stops. I mostly do day trips on weekends but 250-350 miles is the normal. JUST don't see many here in US.
Back to top Go down
gavinfdavies
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 137
Registration date : 2017-10-20

PostSubject: Re: A big thanks from me   A big thanks from me I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 26, 2018 4:23 pm

I find that among younger scooter riders the TMax 520 has more of a reputation, especially the false one of it being the fastest scooter. Best handling maybe, but it'll have it's arse handed to it on a plate by a stock Swing, let alone a tweaked one.

To be fair, I don't see many around. But then again, I bought a Mustang for winter use in September(mainly because I don't want the salt to ruin my pristine Swing!) and haven't much used my Swing since. At first it was the novelty of my first car in about 10 years, then it was cold, dark and wet, and after a 12 hours shift I prefer to chill out a bit, and enjoy a coffee in the morning. Have go to get my new HiT clutch fitted though soon Smile

Any way, welcome. Where abouts in the UK are you? I'm in south Wales.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A big thanks from me   A big thanks from me I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A big thanks from me
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum :: Honda Silver Wing :: Accessories & Modifications-
Jump to: