Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Latest Observations On My New To Me 2004 SW
Christmas Eve I_icon_minitimeby landisr Yesterday at 9:15 pm

» Drive belt prices
Christmas Eve I_icon_minitimeby landisr Yesterday at 8:28 pm

» FOR SALE - 2009 Silver Wing
Christmas Eve I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Yesterday at 7:27 pm

» Top Box considering that Hi-vis and LED's are my friends
Christmas Eve I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Yesterday at 7:16 pm

» New to Me Swing
Christmas Eve I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Yesterday at 5:39 pm

» LF extended back rest
Christmas Eve I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Yesterday at 4:42 pm

» I said Farewell...
Christmas Eve I_icon_minitimeby Swingbatter Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:12 pm

» OE Quality Drive Belt
Christmas Eve I_icon_minitimeby JohnyC Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:05 am

» Rear shock longevity
Christmas Eve I_icon_minitimeby LarryD Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:11 pm

» YSS rear shocks for sale
Christmas Eve I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:01 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Christmas Eve

Go down 
+4
honda_silver
DennisB
Opalsboy
KurtPerthWA
8 posters
AuthorMessage
KurtPerthWA
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
KurtPerthWA

Number of posts : 1709
Registration date : 2009-01-19

Christmas Eve Empty
PostSubject: Christmas Eve   Christmas Eve I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 24, 2009 8:08 am

I am sitting here at the laptop, and wish to pass on all the best for the Festive Season.
Being a Christian, I celebrate Christmas with my family with a large get together with some of children, grand children and all and sundry of my adopted family(in-laws) while thinking of the rest my family in Melbourne (2000miles away) who we are travelling to see next week. May the spirit of Christmas visit you all and I can say that the beautiful day we have sent to you around the world from OZ and NZ should reach you all soon so you can prepare for the night.
For the non Christians among us, many of you also celebrate this time of year with your own beliefs and traditions, so I wish you all the best for the season and have a great time with your celebrations.
Those of you who do not celebrate anything in particular for whatever reason, please have a pleasant mid winter or summer and celebrate the life you are living.. its great just being yourself,
All of you though, keep the rubber down and the perspex up while out there on the roads.
Cheers!

Merry Christmas Everybody and a happy and prosperous New Year
Back to top Go down
Opalsboy
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Opalsboy

Number of posts : 1288
Registration date : 2009-01-10

Christmas Eve Empty
PostSubject: Re: Christmas Eve   Christmas Eve I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 24, 2009 8:42 am

most memorable Christmas

I have experienced 65 Christmas seasons. There have been no bad ones and there have been several special ones. However, there is one that is very special. One that I will never forget. One that that taught me the true meaning of the Christmas season. Please let me share that memory with you.

As a ten year boy in 1954, I had reached the point of almost not believing in Santa. I wanted to believe very much. There were some older friends of mine that had stopped believing and I had noticed that they only got clothes for Christmas. I was not ready for the clothes thing yet.

I had found an ad in the back of a comic book for a toy that was popular in those days called a Kiddy Projector. It projected pictures to a wall or screen if you put the projector over the picture. I think the toy cost about $5.00. I wanted a Kiddy Projector and I wanted one BAD.... I wrote a letter to Santa and pleaded for the toy projector. I dropped the letter in the mail box and waited for Christmas day.

My brother, Alan, and I stayed awake that Christmas eve talking until nearly midnight. Finally we went to sleep. The next thing that I remember is hearing a noise about 2 am that I believe was Santa leaving through the front door. We didn't have a chimmney and we didn't even have a lock on the door back then. I immediately got up and went into the front room and to my surprise, there was my projector. However it was not my Kiddie Projector, it was this, a 16 mm KEYSTONE projector.

Go to my album to see projector. Sorry.

I am not sure if it was my excitement or Santa leaving, but something woke up mom and dad. Strange, but they were already dressed. Soon my brother joined the group and there in our living room, we were watching Tim Holt, Woody Woodpecker, Abbot and Costello and Chimps Jamboree. We watched them over and over again. Soon it was daylight and the excitement was still going strong.

Now you may wonder why this is such a special memory for me, even now after all these years.. I want to make it very clear that it was not the gift. As you look at this projector, you will see that it is all rusty. The wires are all rotten. It hasn't been used in several years. The films have long been lost. No, it was not the gift. It was the fact that it was more than I asked for. It was something that I did not deserve. It was something that my parents could not afford. It was something they did for me just because they loved me. That is the real meaning of Christmas.

God gave me a gift that first Christmas morning. It too was something that I did not ask for. It too was something that I did not deserve. It too was something that He could not afford. It too was a gift given just because He loved me. That is the true meaning of CHRISTmas.

May God bless you every day of your life.

The image is not showing. I am working on getting that. Will edit when I can. I putting it in my album for now. Will get this right sometime today.
Back to top Go down
DennisB
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 2778
Registration date : 2008-12-28

Christmas Eve Empty
PostSubject: Re: Christmas Eve   Christmas Eve I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 24, 2009 9:23 am

Hi Gary,

Well....I looked and Looked for your house, back then.

I took it back to the North Pole with me and it's been setting on the storage shelf for the longest time. Over the years the "belonges to tag" got lost....I'm glad you said something. IF you still want it...It's yours.

Christmas Eve Gary_s10
Back to top Go down
Opalsboy
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Opalsboy

Number of posts : 1288
Registration date : 2009-01-10

Christmas Eve Empty
PostSubject: Re: Christmas Eve   Christmas Eve I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 24, 2009 11:49 am

Wow... there really is a Santa... what a great surprise. Keep it for me. I want to see it on my next visit. I know tonight is going to be your busiest night of the year. Drive safe tonight.
Back to top Go down
honda_silver
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
honda_silver

Number of posts : 2453
Registration date : 2008-12-23

Christmas Eve Empty
PostSubject: Re: Christmas Eve   Christmas Eve I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 24, 2009 1:01 pm

Opalsboy wrote:
Wow... there really is a Santa... what a great surprise. Keep it for me. I want to see it on my next visit. I know tonight is going to be your busiest night of the year. Drive safe tonight.

But is he going to use the SWing tonight Christmas Eve Icon_question
Back to top Go down
DickO
Founding Member
DickO

Number of posts : 1018
Registration date : 2008-12-23

Christmas Eve Empty
PostSubject: Re: Christmas Eve   Christmas Eve I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 24, 2009 3:22 pm

Merry Christmas Gary... and to everyone. Such a true story about Gods' Gift to us all. Thank You.
Back to top Go down
JeffR
Site Admin
JeffR

Number of posts : 2596
Registration date : 2008-12-19

Christmas Eve Empty
PostSubject: Re: Christmas Eve   Christmas Eve I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 24, 2009 4:07 pm

I would to wish everyone a very Merry Christmas. Sometimes people seem to forget what this day really means. It is the most important day in a Christians life. For those who aren't Christians, please enjoy this time to be with your family and friends.
Back to top Go down
https://www.silverwing600.com
MikeO
Site Admin
MikeO

Number of posts : 3791
Registration date : 2009-06-29

Christmas Eve Empty
PostSubject: Re: Christmas Eve   Christmas Eve I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 24, 2009 4:56 pm

A Very Happy Christmas and Prosperous New Year to one and all!
Back to top Go down
JeffR
Site Admin
JeffR

Number of posts : 2596
Registration date : 2008-12-19

Christmas Eve Empty
PostSubject: Re: Christmas Eve   Christmas Eve I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 24, 2009 6:02 pm

Christmas Eve Keysto13
Back to top Go down
https://www.silverwing600.com
ronjr009
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
ronjr009

Number of posts : 180
Registration date : 2008-12-28

Christmas Eve Empty
PostSubject: Re: Christmas Eve   Christmas Eve I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 24, 2009 7:11 pm

Merry Christmas Everyone! A joyous, safe, and enjoyable holiday season to all! Don't eat too much!
Back to top Go down

Christmas Eve Empty
PostSubject: Re: Christmas Eve   Christmas Eve I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 25, 2009 1:15 pm

Merry Christmas to all!!!!! Christmas Eve Icon_santa

Ride safe!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Christmas Eve Empty
PostSubject: Re: Christmas Eve   Christmas Eve I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Christmas Eve
Page 1 of 1