Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» checking the oil
2010 silverwing low beam head LIGHT I_icon_minitimeby COMick Today at 9:46 am

» Hobbies? (Besides maxi scooters, of course?)
2010 silverwing low beam head LIGHT I_icon_minitimeby Erdoc48 Today at 6:46 am

» Modifying Honda Silver Wing 600
2010 silverwing low beam head LIGHT I_icon_minitimeby Frenchy Sat May 04, 2024 4:11 pm

» Poor man’s Power Commander: IAT Sensor modification (Intake Air Temp Sensor)
2010 silverwing low beam head LIGHT I_icon_minitimeby gavinfdavies Fri May 03, 2024 3:33 am

» Sinko De Mayo
2010 silverwing low beam head LIGHT I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Thu May 02, 2024 7:10 am

» May 2024 forum picture
2010 silverwing low beam head LIGHT I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Thu May 02, 2024 4:42 am

» Strongly considering a one way ride from Texas to Progreso,Mexico and could use some advice
2010 silverwing low beam head LIGHT I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:08 pm

» LF extended back rest
2010 silverwing low beam head LIGHT I_icon_minitimeby Rzor93 Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:14 pm

» FOR SALE - 2009 Silver Wing
2010 silverwing low beam head LIGHT I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:47 am

» Where can I find top-quality electronic tracks?
2010 silverwing low beam head LIGHT I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:43 am

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

2010 silverwing low beam head LIGHT

Go down 
+10
XDM©
bikehiker
john grinsel
Seadog
heinlein
Mech 1 twa
Cosmic_Jumper
Ghost-rider
GHM-PM
Dale N.
14 posters
AuthorMessage
Ghost-rider
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 19
Registration date : 2013-07-25

2010 silverwing low beam head LIGHT Empty
PostSubject: 2010 silverwing low beam head LIGHT   2010 silverwing low beam head LIGHT I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 16, 2018 10:35 pm

I have NOT been here in a long while . I need a little help I am
looking for the oem low beam light that went out on my
bike today. Can someone provide the part no.. I do not
like driving at night with high beam on.
Thank you
Ghost_rider Greg
Back to top Go down
Dale N.
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Dale N.

Number of posts : 1986
Registration date : 2014-02-13

PostSubject: Re: 2010 silverwing low beam head LIGHT   2010 silverwing low beam head LIGHT I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 16, 2018 11:44 pm

Hope this works for you.

https://www.partzilla.com/catalog/honda/scooter/2010/fsc600a-ac-silver-wing-abs/headlight
Back to top Go down
Cosmic_Jumper
Site Admin
Cosmic_Jumper

Number of posts : 4416
Registration date : 2009-06-12

PostSubject: Re: 2010 silverwing low beam head LIGHT   2010 silverwing low beam head LIGHT I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 17, 2018 7:34 am

The high beam and low beam bulbs are "standard", single filament,  H7 bulbs. You can find H7's at any auto supply store or Walmart.

Because this is the first time you've done this job; be aware that the socket adapter (item 7 in above illustration) needs to be removed from the original bulb and reused on the replacement bulb. It can be confusing when the replacement bulb is compared to the original and the original bulb appears to be several inches longer. It's because that (#7) adapter is still attached to the original bulb. Just pull the bulb and adapter apart and put the adapter on the new bulb. HTH

Tim
Back to top Go down
GHM-PM
Site Admin
GHM-PM

Number of posts : 2562
Registration date : 2012-05-17

PostSubject: Re: 2010 silverwing low beam head LIGHT   2010 silverwing low beam head LIGHT I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 17, 2018 7:49 am

I usually buy a two-pack of the H7 bulbs and place one in a solid container so I carry a spare at all times. If you stay with the halogen bulbs they are cheap (10-20 bucks USD) for 2.
Back to top Go down
Ghost-rider
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: 2010 silverwing low beam head LIGHT   2010 silverwing low beam head LIGHT I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 18, 2018 10:19 pm

Thank you for the help I forgot it was the H7 bulb that would work. I am NOT mechanicily
inclined liked my spelling lol. So I will pick up the bulbs in the next few days and have my
brother take care of that. He took care of the bulb burn out on my 04 swing that I did
have. One more thing I have seen some posts on here about the HID lights just curious
are they brighter? And what would I have to do IF I changed to those HID lights??
Thank you
Ghost rider Greg
Back to top Go down
Cosmic_Jumper
Site Admin
Cosmic_Jumper

PostSubject: Re: 2010 silverwing low beam head LIGHT   2010 silverwing low beam head LIGHT I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 19, 2018 10:56 am

HID lights are considerably brighter than halogen type bulbs. 

HID kits are basically plug n' pay. The most puzzlesome "problem" is where to physically attach the ballast behind the front fairing.

I probably have the DTMoto works on the shelf in my shed. PM me if you are interested.

Tim
Back to top Go down
Mech 1 twa
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Mech 1 twa

Number of posts : 1382
Registration date : 2016-01-02

PostSubject: Re: 2010 silverwing low beam head LIGHT   2010 silverwing low beam head LIGHT I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 20, 2018 8:24 pm

I've been using Philips H7 X-treme Vision +130 bulbs for 3 years not a burn out so far. Nice and bright white light looks like a OE bulb just brighter.

Tried Silver Star in other things always seem to burn out a bit faster.

HID has issues with mounting and wiring things. Illegal in many states if it's not OEM installed.
Back to top Go down
Ghost-rider
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: 2010 silverwing low beam head LIGHT   2010 silverwing low beam head LIGHT I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 20, 2018 10:44 pm

Thank you for the info on the H7 bulbs and the HID I was just curious about those HID. Sounds
like they maybe kind of hard due to the fact of the ballast placement. YES I would like
BRIGHTER head lights on low beam.
THANK you all for the info I forgot what a great group of people on here helping each other
out.
Ghost rider Greg
Back to top Go down
heinlein
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2018-10-06

PostSubject: Re: 2010 silverwing low beam head LIGHT   2010 silverwing low beam head LIGHT I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 18, 2018 11:11 am

Has anyone tried LED "bulbs" in a Swing?
https://www.cyclopsadventuresports.com/48-Platinum-H7-LED-Headlight-Bulb_p_86.html
Back to top Go down
Seadog
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 51
Registration date : 2016-03-25

PostSubject: Re: 2010 silverwing low beam head LIGHT   2010 silverwing low beam head LIGHT I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 08, 2019 7:30 pm

HID lights are brighter, but please don't do it! Never mind the ballast and wiring, unless the headlamp is designed for them (and the Silverwing headlamp is not) they are a pain for other drivers and riders because they are very poorly focused and shine in all directions (including into others' eyes) on what should be dipped beam. (Perhaps not so much a problem in areas with less traffic density than we have in the UK.)

The original headlamp focuses the beam from what is effectively a pointof light from the filament in a traditional incandescent bulb. HID lamps have an area of light, not a point, so the focusing doesn't work properly and the light spreads well beyond the intended dipped beam cut-off.

There has been a bit of a craze for HID light conversions in the UK for a few years now. They are illegal here unless the headlamp is designed for them, but it hasn't been illegal to sell or buy the conversion kit. It really is annoying and dangerous for other road users. Fortunately, I think the MOT test (annual safety inspection for vehicles over 3 years old) has been tightened up to check for illegal fitting of these, and/or they've just gone out of fashion. Either way it's quite a relief that there seem to be fewer of them about now.

The extra bright incandescent lamps such as the Philips H7 X-treme Vision +130 (that Mech 1 twa mentions) are a good improvement, and a simple straight swop. I had these on a previous bike, and will put them in my Silverwing as soon as either one of the original bulbs goes, or if I ever get further down my to-do list.
Back to top Go down
john grinsel
Curmudgeon
john grinsel

Number of posts : 3298
Registration date : 2009-08-18

PostSubject: Re: 2010 silverwing low beam head LIGHT   2010 silverwing low beam head LIGHT I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 08, 2019 8:57 pm

I would just replace lite with stock OEM from Honda dealer.....that is what bike is designed and approved for. Want latest in lites----get new bike.
Back to top Go down
bikehiker
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider
bikehiker

Number of posts : 433
Registration date : 2017-09-07

PostSubject: Re: 2010 silverwing low beam head LIGHT   2010 silverwing low beam head LIGHT I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 08, 2019 10:03 pm

Seadog makes a good point: "they [HID] are a pain for other drivers and riders because they are very poorly focused and shine in all directions (including into others' eyes) on what should be dipped beam."

You might respond, "Well, this is just what I want--to be seen." True, but besides being highly impolite, you could create a dangerous situation, especially from old farts like me. As we age, many of us lose a lot of sight and coordination, making it much harder to drive at night, especially against those dastardly high beams and high "low"beams. I tend to lose my lane direction while driving against extra bright headlights at night, and many of these are on LOW BEAM. If you haven't been there yet, you WILL get there unless YOU DIE YOUNG.

One of the most frustrating things that we all endure today is the fancy headlights on these new cars with the often "optional at a higher price" brighter headlights. While it seems to be a one-upmanship LOOK-AT-ME thing, maybe some day insurance companies will call attention to the danger of these annoying and unsafe headlights when they observe enough safety studies that show more accidents caused by these bright lights. Maybe that's why some states do not allow certain types of lighting.

Lights are necessary for safety, but bright lights, especially the kind described by Seadog, can be unsafe.

And while I'm at it regarding lighting, I often have forgotten to turn my headlights on in fog or that most dangerous period between light and dark, or dark and light. So why would you pay $50,000+ for a new fancy vehicle with flashy annoying headlights, but that same vehicle does NOT come with DAYTIME RUNNING LIGHTS? How much more would it cost to install daytime running lights on that expensive vehicle? It has a heated steering wheel, but NO DAYTIME RUNNING LIGHTS? Many new pickup trucks seem to lack that safety addition. Maybe the bigger the vehicle, the less we need lights, because I won't get hurt slamming into another vehicle in my big truck. Forget about the other guy who couldn't see you. When I bought a used Miata 20 years ago, the first thing I did was to install daytime running lights, costing me under $20. While more car makers are including running lights, there are still too many of these expensive vehicles on the road without daytime running lights, especially with colors like fog gray, snow white white, or rain blue.

Here in Pennsylvania we have a law that if you need to use your windshield wipers, your headlights must be on. Many scofflaws ignore this law, because it rarely seems to be enforced.

Next time you are driving/riding in a close-to-dark or low-visibility situation, notice how many cars coming against you do not have any lighting. It won't take long. Having no lights can be just as dangerous as having too much light. You may really appreciate this point when you make a left turn in front of a car on a dark or foggy day and be the cause of an accident by turning in front of an oncoming car because you didn't see it.

Ok, done venting.
Back to top Go down
Dale N.
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Dale N.

PostSubject: Re: 2010 silverwing low beam head LIGHT   2010 silverwing low beam head LIGHT I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 09, 2019 12:24 am

I had a 1980 Yamaha 850 that had a flat line headlight bulb. By that I mean the bulb was like a D laying on its side. I also had a pair of very bright driving lights on it mounted to the roll bars. I adjusted the high beam so that it would shine a bit lower than the top of a car's trunk. It didn't bother anybody but was bright enough to be a great low beam. I used the driving lights for my high beams which worked very well. They would light up the road at least 1/4 mile in front of me and down into the ditches on a 2 lane road. They also got oncoming cars attention when they didn't want to dim theirs. I never had anybody flash their lights at me with my bright "low" beam either.
Back to top Go down
XDM©
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
XDM©

Number of posts : 110
Registration date : 2019-10-20

PostSubject: Re: 2010 silverwing low beam head LIGHT   2010 silverwing low beam head LIGHT I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 15, 2019 12:46 am

im looking to upgrade my lights to LED, i am severely unhappy with dim stock bulbs, now i read a lot here that  LED lights dont fit well in the enclosure, is that true? also i read that if you get leds that are lower voltage then the stock you will stress out the electric system as the voltage is fixed and does not alternate for lower voltages. how much of that is true?

i installed a LED upgrade for my old 50cc chinese scooter back then and it was plug and play, worked great.
Back to top Go down
Meldrew
Visiting Curmudgeon
Meldrew

Number of posts : 4179
Registration date : 2010-11-16

PostSubject: Re: 2010 silverwing low beam head LIGHT   2010 silverwing low beam head LIGHT I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 15, 2019 3:22 am

Severely unhappy with stock bulbs, it's far simpler to update them with the latest from Osram or other bulb manufacturers. I changed the stock bulbs  on my Silver Wing a couple of years ago before I sold it and was pleased with the improvement.

As for LED replacements, a lot of the bulbs/lamps or whatever the correct name is are an expensive gamble if you can fit them in a reflector and wiring system designed 20 years ago specifically for halogen bulbs. A lot of these LED bulbs aren't road legal either, and you'll just be dazzling and pissing off other road users like those bright sparks that used to fit HID lights.

I've got full LED lights on my 2018 Forza, which include two dip and one high beam headlights. They work well enough at night but I'd say they don't throw a beam as far ahead as the halogen Osram Night Breaker bulbs I uprated the Silver Wing to.

Last edited by Meldrew on Fri Nov 15, 2019 6:45 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
XDM©
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
XDM©

Number of posts : 110
Registration date : 2019-10-20

PostSubject: Re: 2010 silverwing low beam head LIGHT   2010 silverwing low beam head LIGHT I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 15, 2019 4:32 am

Meldrew wrote:
Severely unhappy with stock bulbs, it's far simpler to update them with the latest from Osram or other bulb manufacturers. I changed the stock bulbs  on my Silver Wing a couple of years ago before I sold it and was pleased with the improvement.

As for LED replacements, a lot of the bulbs/lamps or whatever the correct name is are an expensive gamble if you can fit them in a reflector and wiring system designed 20 years ago specifically for halogen bulbs. A lot of these LED bulbs aren't road legal either, and you'll just be dazzling and pissing off other road users like those that bright sparks that used to fit HID lights.

I've got full LED lights on my 2018 Forza, which include two dip and one high beam headlights. They work well enough at night but I'd say they don't throw a beam as far ahead as the halogen Osram Night Breaker bulbs I uprated the Silver Wing to.

Ok after a long in depth research i think i will go with the

Philips RacingVision, it seems to be the brightest halogen before HID category cheers

2010 silverwing low beam head LIGHT 71weX1jWmmL._AC_SL1500_
Back to top Go down
Cosmic_Jumper
Site Admin
Cosmic_Jumper

PostSubject: Re: 2010 silverwing low beam head LIGHT   2010 silverwing low beam head LIGHT I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 15, 2019 7:27 am

Please let us know how you get on with these RacingVision bulbs.
Back to top Go down
oldwingguy
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 1936
Registration date : 2016-01-29

PostSubject: Re: 2010 silverwing low beam head LIGHT   2010 silverwing low beam head LIGHT I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 15, 2019 8:33 am

I'm not sure any other bulb but OEM style / physical size will give all the results one is looking for, brighter doesn't always mean better as bulbs and reflectors are to be matched design wise to give proper beam direction. I've not modified nor added to this bike but others I've just added a separate pair with it's own switch for rural night time driving, deer and other critters are plentiful here and require due diligence as much from the sides as down the road. The is one thing I've noticed referring to Dales post and that's the " cut off " light beam, our Subaru has those and others too, in hilly terrain if one or the other is running on high beams it's more than likely one or both of the drivers will end up getting an eyeful of @#% bright. Why? just because of the cut off, older lights diffuse light more giving that glow / warning before the hill crest.
Back to top Go down
Cosmic_Jumper
Site Admin
Cosmic_Jumper

PostSubject: Re: 2010 silverwing low beam head LIGHT   2010 silverwing low beam head LIGHT I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 15, 2019 9:16 am

oldwingguy wrote:
. The is one thing I've noticed referring to Dales post and that's the " cut off " light beam, our Subaru has those and others too, in hilly terrain if one or the other is running on high beams it's more than likely one or both of the drivers will end up getting an eyeful of @#% bright. Why? just because of the cut off, older lights diffuse light more giving that glow / warning before the hill  crest.

Further to that. The new HID auto lights are “focused” by those thick coke-bottle lenses. Whereas adding a HID or LED bulb to the Silverwing will cause that increased light to ‘diffuse’ all over creation due to the mismatched bulb “element” and reflector.
Back to top Go down
Dale N.
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Dale N.

PostSubject: Re: 2010 silverwing low beam head LIGHT   2010 silverwing low beam head LIGHT I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 15, 2019 9:38 pm

I have to correct my previous comment.

The bulb was round but the beam was like a laying down D. It actually worked great. High beam would shine way down the road while low beam was low enough to not blind anyone but I could still see nicely. I hope that's clearer than mud.
Back to top Go down
oldwingguy
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 1936
Registration date : 2016-01-29

PostSubject: Re: 2010 silverwing low beam head LIGHT   2010 silverwing low beam head LIGHT I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 16, 2019 9:31 am

Dale N. wrote:
I have to correct my previous comment.

The bulb was round but the beam was like a laying down D. It actually worked great. High beam would shine way down the road while low beam was low enough to not blind anyone but I could still see nicely. I hope that's clearer than mud.

Smile those that have the D do. These Subaru head lights have the steering feature too, neat looks around the corners with some light that helps the critter problem. The WORST lights are those on any jacked up truck, worse that semi trucks or buses whatever, seems they forget to adjust the headlights after they ad the lift kits.
Back to top Go down
Meldrew
Visiting Curmudgeon
Meldrew

Number of posts : 4179
Registration date : 2010-11-16

PostSubject: Re: 2010 silverwing low beam head LIGHT   2010 silverwing low beam head LIGHT I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 16, 2019 11:50 am

Over here it's car drivers that switch on their high intensity rear fog lamps when there isn't a trace of fog or mist about, the ones that don't dip their high beams to approaching traffic, and the fantasists that think they're rally drivers with a blazing display of high-intensity spotlights.

Of course bikers aren't blameless either, unless you're on an empty road, there's no need to use high beam all the time especially in daylight. We all know the usual 'be safe be seen' stuff', and using it as an excuse to give other road users a face full of high beam is as smug and selfish as the 'loud pipes save lives' mantra.
Back to top Go down
Mech 1 twa
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Mech 1 twa

Number of posts : 1382
Registration date : 2016-01-02

PostSubject: Re: 2010 silverwing low beam head LIGHT   2010 silverwing low beam head LIGHT I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 16, 2019 7:33 pm

Mech 1 twa wrote:
I've been using Philips H7 X-treme Vision  +130 bulbs for 3 years not a burn out so far.  Nice and bright white light looks like a OE bulb just brighter.

Tried Silver Star in other things always seem to burn out a bit faster.

HID has issues with mounting and wiring things. Illegal in many states if it's not OEM installed.

Philips lasted 3 plus years but low beam went this summer. High beam really never on. Higher the output shorter the life of bulb. All bulbs get dimmer with life. Let us know ……..
Back to top Go down
exavid
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 2658
Registration date : 2009-07-17

PostSubject: Re: 2010 silverwing low beam head LIGHT   2010 silverwing low beam head LIGHT I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 17, 2019 10:49 pm

I've discovered a 'dim bulb' on my Silver Wing. But it's only present when I ride it.
Back to top Go down
Racer83L
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 25
Registration date : 2020-01-17

PostSubject: Re: 2010 silverwing low beam head LIGHT   2010 silverwing low beam head LIGHT I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 08, 2020 10:01 am

My new to me silverwing headlight was adjusted too low, I raised it up a bit using the same method I have on any car I have ever owned and it made a tremendous difference.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2010 silverwing low beam head LIGHT   2010 silverwing low beam head LIGHT I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

2010 silverwing low beam head LIGHT
Page 1 of 1