Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» checking the oil
Brief introduction and question I_icon_minitimeby COMick Yesterday at 9:46 am

» Hobbies? (Besides maxi scooters, of course?)
Brief introduction and question I_icon_minitimeby Erdoc48 Yesterday at 6:46 am

» Modifying Honda Silver Wing 600
Brief introduction and question I_icon_minitimeby Frenchy Sat May 04, 2024 4:11 pm

» Poor man’s Power Commander: IAT Sensor modification (Intake Air Temp Sensor)
Brief introduction and question I_icon_minitimeby gavinfdavies Fri May 03, 2024 3:33 am

» Sinko De Mayo
Brief introduction and question I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Thu May 02, 2024 7:10 am

» May 2024 forum picture
Brief introduction and question I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Thu May 02, 2024 4:42 am

» Strongly considering a one way ride from Texas to Progreso,Mexico and could use some advice
Brief introduction and question I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:08 pm

» LF extended back rest
Brief introduction and question I_icon_minitimeby Rzor93 Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:14 pm

» FOR SALE - 2009 Silver Wing
Brief introduction and question I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:47 am

» Where can I find top-quality electronic tracks?
Brief introduction and question I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:43 am

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Brief introduction and question

Go down 
+9
Scootypuff Snr
"Hi Yo"
GHM-PM
oldwingguy
Briorick
Modernman1953
MikeO
john grinsel
SilverCellist
13 posters
AuthorMessage
SilverCellist
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2018-08-09

Brief introduction and question Empty
PostSubject: Brief introduction and question   Brief introduction and question I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 11, 2018 11:08 am

Good morning Silverwing fans.  I'm a new guy located in Southern IL, and have owned numerous bikes and several Helixes, but just picked up a 2004 SilverWing FSC600A a couple of days ago (my first).  Looking forward to corresponding and learning a bit more about this bad-boy on this forum.  I've looked a little, but I'm having a hard time finding a totally free OEM Honda full Service Repair manual in free PDF down load online.  Also, are the Wings from 2002-2012 really all the same as some of these shop manuals imply?  Thanks, Michael.
Back to top Go down
john grinsel
Curmudgeon
john grinsel

Number of posts : 3298
Registration date : 2009-08-18

PostSubject: Re: Brief introduction and question   Brief introduction and question I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 11, 2018 11:42 am

Pay and get the real Honda manual thru dealer---would then have all the necessary up dates. I think the SilverWings from first ones on---same except for ABS, O-2 sensor, glove box doors.
Back to top Go down
MikeO
Site Admin
MikeO

Number of posts : 3795
Registration date : 2009-06-29

PostSubject: Re: Brief introduction and question   Brief introduction and question I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 11, 2018 11:57 am

Hello, Michael.
I'd do what John suggests.
Back to top Go down
Modernman1953
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 379
Registration date : 2016-06-01

PostSubject: Re: Brief introduction and question   Brief introduction and question I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 11, 2018 11:08 pm

Sorry, what I have is a PDF of the owner's manual.
Back to top Go down
Briorick
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
Briorick

Number of posts : 23
Registration date : 2018-07-02

PostSubject: Re: Brief introduction and question   Brief introduction and question I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 12, 2018 1:49 am

SilverCellist wrote:
Good morning Silverwing fans.  I'm a new guy located in Southern IL, Thanks, Michael.

Good evening Michael, and welcome from another Southern Illinoisan. We may be somewhat neighbors. I live in Randolph County, to be exact.

Out of curiosity I have been tinkering with my Swing, taking parts off and then back on. I too am possibly going to be invest in a Honda Owners Manual as well. Thank goodness for You Tube. They have a lot of great tutorials.
Back to top Go down
oldwingguy
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 1936
Registration date : 2016-01-29

PostSubject: Re: Brief introduction and question   Brief introduction and question I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 12, 2018 9:01 am

Welcome from o-HI-o and yes the OEM is a good investment, shop around and you will find one, a used works fine unless you're picky.
Back to top Go down
Briorick
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
Briorick

Number of posts : 23
Registration date : 2018-07-02

PostSubject: Re: Brief introduction and question   Brief introduction and question I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 12, 2018 11:01 pm

Just looked on ebay, there are many new and used Service Manuals. Depending on the year your're wanting. I just purchased a Service Manual myself. I figured that was $39 dollars well spent. Will save me a lot of head scratching.
Back to top Go down
GHM-PM
Site Admin
GHM-PM

Number of posts : 2562
Registration date : 2012-05-17

PostSubject: Re: Brief introduction and question   Brief introduction and question I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 13, 2018 7:51 am

Welcome and enjoy your Silver Wing. I have to agree with the majority, snag a manual on eBay or somewhere. I did that. This forum can not be a part of giving away manuals that are not free in the marketplace. Good luck.
Back to top Go down
"Hi Yo"
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Brief introduction and question 510-80

Number of posts : 2940
Registration date : 2010-02-17

PostSubject: Re: Brief introduction and question   Brief introduction and question I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 13, 2018 12:03 pm

welcome welcome welcome
Back to top Go down
Scootypuff Snr
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
Scootypuff Snr

Number of posts : 232
Registration date : 2017-04-21

PostSubject: Re: Brief introduction and question   Brief introduction and question I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 14, 2018 4:36 pm

welcome
Back to top Go down
Tn Traveler
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 75
Registration date : 2017-06-17

PostSubject: Re: Brief introduction and question   Brief introduction and question I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 17, 2018 2:26 pm

WELCOME TO THE FORUM
Sent from the Land of Davy Crockett in
East Tennessee.
Keep us INFORMED everyone needs new
roads to ride
Back to top Go down
dekare
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
dekare

Number of posts : 125
Registration date : 2016-08-09

PostSubject: Re: Brief introduction and question   Brief introduction and question I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 18, 2018 7:14 pm

I bought two manuals as downloadable pdf's, one for my Silverwing and one for the Goldwing. I think I paid about $8 for the download. However, I find in the shop I really prefer to view hard copy. So on a wintery day I'll spend time printing them off on my home printer, and compiling them in a couple three ring binders.
Back to top Go down
RarestRX
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 24
Registration date : 2018-06-13

PostSubject: Re: Brief introduction and question   Brief introduction and question I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 31, 2018 2:37 pm

I'll echo what other people have said, check Ebay.

I got a 2002 OEM manual for only $27 shipped, so it can be done for relatively cheap.
Back to top Go down
Freddie_I
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
Freddie_I

Number of posts : 27
Registration date : 2016-09-30

PostSubject: Re: Brief introduction and question   Brief introduction and question I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 01, 2018 7:52 pm

Welcome to SW! You'll have way more fun than you ever had on those Helixes.
I like PDF ver's of the manuals and have one loaded onto a thumb drive on my SW key.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Brief introduction and question   Brief introduction and question I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Brief introduction and question
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum :: Introductions-
Jump to: