Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» OE Quality Drive Belt
Workshop manual? I_icon_minitimeby JohnyC Today at 5:05 am

» LF extended back rest
Workshop manual? I_icon_minitimeby Rzor93 Yesterday at 2:21 pm

» New to Me Swing
Workshop manual? I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Yesterday at 10:56 am

» I said Farewell...
Workshop manual? I_icon_minitimeby Swingbatter Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:52 am

» FOR SALE - 2009 Silver Wing
Workshop manual? I_icon_minitimeby bkr62rsk Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:28 am

» Drive belt prices
Workshop manual? I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:28 am

» Latest Observations On My New To Me 2004 SW
Workshop manual? I_icon_minitimeby Meldrew Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:37 am

» Rear shock longevity
Workshop manual? I_icon_minitimeby LarryD Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:11 pm

» YSS rear shocks for sale
Workshop manual? I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:01 pm

» For Sale - New 26g Dr Pulley Sliders
Workshop manual? I_icon_minitimeby welshman in canada Sun Apr 21, 2024 1:37 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Workshop manual?

Go down 
+3
janitorj1
The Bern
Reefer24131
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Reefer24131
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2017-11-26

Workshop manual? Empty
PostSubject: Workshop manual?   Workshop manual? I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 30, 2017 9:42 am

Hi fellow swingers...
Im new to the forum and new to the SW, i have already introduced myself and already founds lots of helpful info on this site.

My question
is there a workshop/maintenance manual i can download or anyone can email me?

Ive always had enduro bikes and the manufacturers supply a free download of a workshop manual but this dont seem to be the case with the SW?
Back to top Go down
The Bern
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
The Bern

Number of posts : 897
Registration date : 2014-11-20

Workshop manual? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Workshop manual?   Workshop manual? I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 30, 2017 10:12 am

This is probably the cheapest one .... https://tinyurl.com/ydhsrk3r
Back to top Go down
Reefer24131
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Workshop manual? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Workshop manual?   Workshop manual? I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 30, 2017 10:35 am

So theres no free to download copys?
Back to top Go down
janitorj1
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 104
Registration date : 2014-09-07

Workshop manual? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Workshop manual?   Workshop manual? I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 30, 2017 11:31 am

Not through this site, Mods are concerned about copyrights, intellectual property, etc., and LAWYERS.

You might try a PM...

Jon
Back to top Go down
Reefer24131
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Workshop manual? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Workshop manual?   Workshop manual? I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 30, 2017 11:51 am

Thats what im hoping for that someone can PM me a pdf file lol
Back to top Go down
The Bern
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
The Bern

Workshop manual? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Workshop manual?   Workshop manual? I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 30, 2017 12:22 pm

If you do get a copy please forward it to me Dancing Santa
Back to top Go down
Reefer24131
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Workshop manual? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Workshop manual?   Workshop manual? I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 30, 2017 1:17 pm

I will do mate hopefully theres someone here that wants to share the love
Back to top Go down
exavid
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 2658
Registration date : 2009-07-17

Workshop manual? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Workshop manual?   Workshop manual? I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 02, 2017 12:48 am

If you want a new original copy, Helm Inc. is a licensed reprinter of original Honda service manuals among many others. They aren't cheap, last time I bought a SW manual it was about $63. The best money I ever spent on the scooter.

http://www.helminc.com/helm/search_service_owner.asp?Style=helm&class%5F2=AHC
Back to top Go down
oldwingguy
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 1936
Registration date : 2016-01-29

Workshop manual? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Workshop manual?   Workshop manual? I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 02, 2017 9:19 am

One just 1 problem solved to get one back on the road again is worth the manual price. A plus is you can sell it or pass it on to the next S'Wing owner.
Back to top Go down
Meldrew
Visiting Curmudgeon
Meldrew

Number of posts : 4176
Registration date : 2010-11-16

Workshop manual? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Workshop manual?   Workshop manual? I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 02, 2017 10:04 am

oldwingguy wrote:
One just 1 problem solved to get one back on the road again is worth the manual price. A plus is you can sell it or pass it on to the next S'Wing owner.

It makes a lot more more financial sense than 'sharing the love' too.
Back to top Go down
Reefer24131
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Workshop manual? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Workshop manual?   Workshop manual? I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 02, 2017 12:09 pm

^^^ that dont make no sense as buying a manual will cost money so having it shared from a member (sharing the love) would make more financial sense
Back to top Go down
The Bern
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
The Bern

Workshop manual? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Workshop manual?   Workshop manual? I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 02, 2017 2:31 pm

Reefer24131 wrote:
^^^ that dont make no sense as buying a manual will cost money so having it shared from a member (sharing the love) would make more financial sense

That ^^^ assumes a member has already paid for & downloaded the .pdf, maybe you should pay for & offer to share (the love) the file ?
Back to top Go down
Reefer24131
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Workshop manual? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Workshop manual?   Workshop manual? I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 02, 2017 3:23 pm

The Bern wrote:
Reefer24131 wrote:

That ^^^ assumes a member has already paid for & downloaded the .pdf, maybe you should pay for & offer to share (the love) the file ?

If the member requested some money then of course i would as i would still be saving a few quid.
Im a member of quite a few forums and this forum seems to not be as friendly as the others i must say but life goes on, i dont actually need the manual as a qualified motorcycle tech but we dont know the insides and out like a forum or a manual
Back to top Go down
Meldrew
Visiting Curmudgeon
Meldrew

Workshop manual? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Workshop manual?   Workshop manual? I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 02, 2017 3:59 pm

Reefer24131 wrote:

Well mate, the manual I bought is an inch thick in it's laminated covers, weighs nearly three pounds, has 22 sections plus fold out wiring diagrams, and it spends 99.5% of it's time stored in a box file sitting in my garage.

Like a lot of other Brit forum members I bought from an online seller in the US a couple of years ago and I think it's money well spent, even though I don't have a lot of interest in what's under the bodywork. When I sell my Silver Wing I'll recoup the purchase price and probably more by selling this weighty tome on eBay.

So how exactly would I ’share the love' with you or others that think they're rightly entitled to a free share of what others have quite happily paid for? The contents of the manual are copyrighted.
Back to top Go down
Reefer24131
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Workshop manual? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Workshop manual?   Workshop manual? I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 02, 2017 4:28 pm

Because there are generous people out there like myself that actually dont mind sharing to help others but its okay i get your point...maybe the time and effort i used to study i wont share on this forum seeing as thats how it works
Back to top Go down
Meldrew
Visiting Curmudgeon
Meldrew

Workshop manual? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Workshop manual?   Workshop manual? I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 02, 2017 5:06 pm

Isn't the whole point of your topic trying to blag a free PDF or an online maintenance manual because you have a load of work to do on this Silver Wing you've bought because parts need replacing.  You don't want to buy a paper manual and yet you expect others who have to send you the info as if you're entitled to it.

As I said my pristine paper manual is sitting idly on a shelf, I don't minding posting the odd snippet of info on here to help out someone out. But I can't send my manual electronically, or dismantle it to photocopy hundreds of double sided sheets of paper and post it to you.

Not that I'd want to either as you now seem to be sulking as well as ignoring the subtle hints in previous posts to go buy your own manual online.

Plus as you're new to the Silver Wing and probably maxi scooters in general, there's not much you could share on this forum full of mainly 50 plus aged experienced and long term Silver Wing owners.

Last edited by Meldrew on Sat Dec 02, 2017 5:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Reefer24131
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Workshop manual? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Workshop manual?   Workshop manual? I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 02, 2017 5:30 pm

I had fork seals to do which i did today and used my autodata book for the specs, but autodata is not always correct its just handy to have a manual otherwise they wouldnt sell many...

As for what i would share is general knowledge and im pretty confident alot of the owners on here will have other motorcycles that they may turn to this site for help to which i may be able to offer alot of help.

And im far from sulking i find it amusing that there are so many keyboard warriors stuck up their own arse on this site who are as you say 50+

Anyway ive got a life to get on with rather than replying to you- goodnight and merry Christmas
Back to top Go down
Cosmic_Jumper
Site Admin
Cosmic_Jumper

Number of posts : 4416
Registration date : 2009-06-12

Workshop manual? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Workshop manual?   Workshop manual? I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 02, 2017 5:35 pm

Reefer24131 wrote:
Im a member of quite a few forums and this forum seems to not be as friendly as the others <>

Lots to learn here. Why not hang around a bit to see how this dance plays out before jumping to conclusions.

That said, irritating as they may be, we here do have our resident, and cherished, curmudgeons.

In the many years I've been on this forum I don't recall anyone being denied a reply to a specific technical information request.

We all benefit from shared information

Tim

Last edited by Cosmic_Jumper on Sat Dec 02, 2017 6:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Reefer24131
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Workshop manual? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Workshop manual?   Workshop manual? I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 02, 2017 5:51 pm

Cosmic_Jumper wrote:
Reefer24131 wrote:
Im a member of quite a few forums and this forum seems to not be as friendly as the others <>

Why not hang around a bit to see how this dance plays out before jumping to conclusions.

That said, irritating as they may be, we here do have our resident, and cherished, curmudgeons.

In the many years I've been on this forum I don't recall anyone being denied a reply to a specific technical information request.

Tim

I will be hanging around but not on this topic. I only asked if anyone had a copy of the service manual they wished to share with me, i did not imply i was entitled to it nor did i expect it...ive always been told if you dont ask, you dont get! So that is all i did and there are idiots above who for some reason feel the need to act like morons in a unfriendly manor, if you did not want to share or have the means to share then dont comment...pretty simple really.

Im not a rude person and will always help anyone as much as i can, if i see a motorcyclist broken down i will stop and help free of charge even though i charge for my services day in day out - just the kind of person i am. But when i feel someone is being rude then i will be rude back.
Back to top Go down
The Bern
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
The Bern

Workshop manual? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Workshop manual?   Workshop manual? I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 03, 2017 5:36 am

Reefer24131 wrote:
I had fork seals to do which i did today and used my autodata book for the specs, but autodata is not always correct its just handy to have a manual

Strangely I always found Autodata spec's fine when working for several years in a garage, but I may have been lucky & not needed the odd spec' that was erroneous.
There is at least one member on a UK forum who has the .pdf file, that file contains at least one spec' that differs from my printed manual & was the cause of some debate as to which was right.
Paper manual says closed coils down, while the .pdf says closed coils up, which way should we believe is correct ?
Back to top Go down
Reefer24131
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Workshop manual? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Workshop manual?   Workshop manual? I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 03, 2017 6:39 am

Well i would say paper obviously as pdf could have been modified but at the same time it would depend on how honda release specs/manuals. Most dirt bike ie. Honda,ktm,beta.... all give you a workshop manual copy on a disc.

When i did fork seals autodata said 296cc but i see on here that it was 305 +-2.5cc, i did however settle for 300 and it worked out around a 96mm air gap so i felt that was good enough for me.
Back to top Go down
The Bern
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
The Bern

Workshop manual? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Workshop manual?   Workshop manual? I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 03, 2017 7:26 am

Yep, 97mm air gap with the springs OUT, is what the book says bud. Anyhoo, until a .pdf appears if you need any tech' data just post a question, as Tim said earlier ... I don't recall anyone being denied a reply to a specific technical information request ... neither do I, so if you can't find it in a search, ask away
Back to top Go down
Reefer24131
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Workshop manual? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Workshop manual?   Workshop manual? I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 03, 2017 7:44 am

Cheers buddy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Workshop manual? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Workshop manual?   Workshop manual? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Workshop manual?
Page 1 of 1