Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» OE Quality Drive Belt
OEM AIR FILTER Fit Between ABS/Non-ABS version I_icon_minitimeby JohnyC Today at 5:05 am

» LF extended back rest
OEM AIR FILTER Fit Between ABS/Non-ABS version I_icon_minitimeby Rzor93 Yesterday at 2:21 pm

» New to Me Swing
OEM AIR FILTER Fit Between ABS/Non-ABS version I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Yesterday at 10:56 am

» I said Farewell...
OEM AIR FILTER Fit Between ABS/Non-ABS version I_icon_minitimeby Swingbatter Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:52 am

» FOR SALE - 2009 Silver Wing
OEM AIR FILTER Fit Between ABS/Non-ABS version I_icon_minitimeby bkr62rsk Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:28 am

» Drive belt prices
OEM AIR FILTER Fit Between ABS/Non-ABS version I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:28 am

» Latest Observations On My New To Me 2004 SW
OEM AIR FILTER Fit Between ABS/Non-ABS version I_icon_minitimeby Meldrew Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:37 am

» Rear shock longevity
OEM AIR FILTER Fit Between ABS/Non-ABS version I_icon_minitimeby LarryD Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:11 pm

» YSS rear shocks for sale
OEM AIR FILTER Fit Between ABS/Non-ABS version I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:01 pm

» For Sale - New 26g Dr Pulley Sliders
OEM AIR FILTER Fit Between ABS/Non-ABS version I_icon_minitimeby welshman in canada Sun Apr 21, 2024 1:37 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

OEM AIR FILTER Fit Between ABS/Non-ABS version

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Raouf
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2017-09-15

OEM AIR FILTER Fit Between ABS/Non-ABS version Empty
PostSubject: OEM AIR FILTER Fit Between ABS/Non-ABS version   OEM AIR FILTER Fit Between ABS/Non-ABS version I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 25, 2017 3:44 pm

Hello everyone here of the great forum
I am RAOUF from Egypt
I recently bought 2007 SW 600 ABS (FJS600A7)
I found an OEM air filter in ebay and amazon for 15$
I just noticed in discreption its fit for non abs version
Do you have any idea that its the same for both abs and non abs version
I want to get sure before purchase because i will ship it from US to Egypt..

The same for break pads! Does it differ from abs to non abs version, as some aftermarket pads not mentioned at all its for abs or non abs

Thanks in advance

All the best!
Back to top Go down
Cosmic_Jumper
Site Admin
Cosmic_Jumper

Number of posts : 4416
Registration date : 2009-06-12

PostSubject: Re: OEM AIR FILTER Fit Between ABS/Non-ABS version   OEM AIR FILTER Fit Between ABS/Non-ABS version I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 25, 2017 4:23 pm

Hello Raouf. Thank you for your introduction. Welcome to the forum

There is no difference in either the front brake pads, the rear brake pads, or the air filter between the ABS and non-ABS models.

Best wishes and happy miles on your "new" Silverwing. There is also lots of good Silverwing information on the SWCI site (http://www.swci.it/silverwing400.it/index.php) and many fine servicing videos by the SWCI's Stefano Bonacasa on YouTube. It sure helps if you speak/understand Italian though.

Tim
Back to top Go down
Meldrew
Visiting Curmudgeon
Meldrew

Number of posts : 4176
Registration date : 2010-11-16

PostSubject: Re: OEM AIR FILTER Fit Between ABS/Non-ABS version   OEM AIR FILTER Fit Between ABS/Non-ABS version I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 25, 2017 4:49 pm

Did someone mention Italy. I don't speak or understand much Italian, Mrs M's a lot better. We're on the last full day of a weekend break in Bologna. Apart from this place being the gastronomic capital of Italy and having lots of impressive architecture, for me it's looking at the long lines of parked up scooters everywhere. They're mainly big wheeled ones of all sizes, and then Trad scooters and maxi scooters. I've probably seen two dozen Silver Wings here, a mixture of FJS and SW-T models.

I really admire the way the Italians ride scooters on the road surfaces in central Bologna which are predominantly large stone slabs, bricks, cobblestones, or just stones set into cement which are  hard on the feet just walking along them.

There's none of this wearing OTGOTT or paranoia about open face helmets here either, they just ride.

If I had the slightest interest, and I don't there's a Ducati museum here in Bologna. There's also Ferrari and Lamborghini museums in nearby Modena where we went to yesterday.
Back to top Go down
Raouf
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: OEM AIR FILTER Fit Between ABS/Non-ABS version   OEM AIR FILTER Fit Between ABS/Non-ABS version I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 01, 2017 11:26 am

Thank you tim for the help, I really appreciate
Could you help me again regarding doing the cvt maintainance,
I am ordering now cluth shoes, belt and other cvt maintainance parts all OEM
No something specified showed extensive wearing!
For 40k km service..
Regarding front DRIVE pulley:
- does the 60$ dr.pulley sliders have much adv. over OEM 20$ rollers?
- which parts also you recommend me to change for overall good improvement, the 4 moving sliding plastic pieces, the ramp, fac A, B movable drive! .. etc

Regarding rear pulley:
I already ordered clutch! What about 5 cluth springs, rubber clutch damper, main big clutch spring..

What to replace and what is shouldnt .. no particular part showed extensivly damge and overall performance is average with some rattling in high speed..

What is the ROLLER GUIDE, PIN ROLLER GUIDE? They located in driven rear pulley should i replace them also this maintainance.?

Thanks in advance and sorry for bad english
Raouf
Back to top Go down
Cosmic_Jumper
Site Admin
Cosmic_Jumper

PostSubject: Re: OEM AIR FILTER Fit Between ABS/Non-ABS version   OEM AIR FILTER Fit Between ABS/Non-ABS version I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 01, 2017 5:49 pm

Raouf

The advantage of Dr Pulley sliding weights is that they give smoother operation, better acelleration (if you change to 26gm or 24gm weights) and lower RPMs at cruising speeds. There is nothing wrong with OEM rollers, but Dr Pulley sliding weights are much better. Yes, you should probably change the sliding pieces as well --either Dr P or OEM. Another advantage of switching to Dr P sliders and sliding pieces is that you'll never have to change them again.

No need to change the big torque spring on the Driven Pulley, but if you are then you might also want to change the roller guide pins and roller guides. To replace all those items you are pretty much rebuilding the Driven Pulley. There is a SWCI YouTube video showing how to disassemble and replace those parts. I've never heard of the need to replace those pulley sheaves. They are made of steel while the variator pulley sheaves are made of alloy and will get wear grooves in the surfaces from the belt.

As long as you are replacing the clutch shoes you might as well change the springs and rubber dampers as well.

I hope this answers your questions.

Tim
Back to top Go down
Raouf
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: OEM AIR FILTER Fit Between ABS/Non-ABS version   OEM AIR FILTER Fit Between ABS/Non-ABS version I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 02, 2017 5:23 am

So that the front pulley variator sheaves may need to be replaced, while the rear are not.
I will consider Dr. Pully 26 G sliders or may be i see 25 G sliders too..
To get sure, Dr. pulley sliding pieces are OK fitted with OEM variator right??
Thanks very much dear Tim for your help,
This actually not the first help, for months i read alot of your comments here in the form and i really knew alot from you
You may be a big readon why i have SW now Smile

All the best.
Raouf
Back to top Go down
Cosmic_Jumper
Site Admin
Cosmic_Jumper

PostSubject: Re: OEM AIR FILTER Fit Between ABS/Non-ABS version   OEM AIR FILTER Fit Between ABS/Non-ABS version I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 02, 2017 10:07 am

Yes, Dr P sliding pieces are designed to fit OEM variator.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: OEM AIR FILTER Fit Between ABS/Non-ABS version   OEM AIR FILTER Fit Between ABS/Non-ABS version I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

OEM AIR FILTER Fit Between ABS/Non-ABS version
Page 1 of 1