Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» OE Quality Drive Belt
Locked Topic -  I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Today at 4:32 am

» LF extended back rest
Locked Topic -  I_icon_minitimeby Rzor93 Yesterday at 2:21 pm

» New to Me Swing
Locked Topic -  I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Yesterday at 10:56 am

» I said Farewell...
Locked Topic -  I_icon_minitimeby Swingbatter Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:52 am

» FOR SALE - 2009 Silver Wing
Locked Topic -  I_icon_minitimeby bkr62rsk Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:28 am

» Drive belt prices
Locked Topic -  I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:28 am

» Latest Observations On My New To Me 2004 SW
Locked Topic -  I_icon_minitimeby Meldrew Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:37 am

» Rear shock longevity
Locked Topic -  I_icon_minitimeby LarryD Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:11 pm

» YSS rear shocks for sale
Locked Topic -  I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:01 pm

» For Sale - New 26g Dr Pulley Sliders
Locked Topic -  I_icon_minitimeby welshman in canada Sun Apr 21, 2024 1:37 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Locked Topic -

Go down 
+3
Cosmic_Jumper
MikeO
Jolly Bodger
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Jolly Bodger
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 105
Registration date : 2016-10-05

Locked Topic -  Empty
PostSubject: Locked Topic -    Locked Topic -  I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 20, 2017 10:58 am

It seems to me that as soon as a topic gets a bit "edgy" it ends up being locked.

"Tyre Pressures" is a case in point - Lloyd has been accuesed of mis representing himself and he should be given the right of reply.

If it has gone off topic, then the relevant posts should be moved to a seperate area (which is why i've posted here).

I sometimes think the moderators are a bit quick to close things down.

Especially when they're just getting interesting Twisted Evil

JB
Back to top Go down
MikeO
Site Admin
MikeO

Number of posts : 3790
Registration date : 2009-06-29

Locked Topic -  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Locked Topic -    Locked Topic -  I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 20, 2017 11:27 am

As this is a Public Forum, that is anyone can join it, we have a duty of care to members and others who read it.

The Administrators rarely act in haste; the thread in hand has been discussed by us in private at length over several days.

Although it may be entertaining it is incumbent on us to ensure that accurate, safe information is given.

It is patently obvious in this case that scientific fact is being rubbished and to ignore the facts could lead to serious incident. We might be held in some way responsible.

Therefore, in order to protect ourselves, the integrity of the Forum and the Forum itself, it was deemed sensible to draw the discussion to a close.

Back to top Go down
Cosmic_Jumper
Site Admin
Cosmic_Jumper

Number of posts : 4416
Registration date : 2009-06-12

Locked Topic -  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Locked Topic -    Locked Topic -  I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 20, 2017 12:04 pm

JB

While you haven't been here for all that long, you have no idea how many valued members have dropped out of the conversation which is this forum, because too many posts have become argumentative and we've been seen as a bunch of grumpy old gits.

Not all topics are permanently locked. Often they are shut down until cooler heads prevail. 

So, sorry if topics get locked when the piss'n contest starts, do feel free to open a new topic if you'd like to carry on an informative conversation.

Tim
Back to top Go down
The Bern
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
The Bern

Number of posts : 897
Registration date : 2014-11-20

Locked Topic -  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Locked Topic -    Locked Topic -  I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 20, 2017 3:03 pm

Hi JB.

I was (at least in part) responsible for that thread being closed, for the record I have recieved a private message from Admin on the subject & am in complete agreement with it's contents, I shall in future endevour to stay within the requested parameters contained therein.

Safety first, should always be the priority, it's fine for anyone to have an opinion, but they should make it clear that what they are posting is their opinion not a fact
Back to top Go down
steve_h80
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert

Number of posts : 998
Registration date : 2016-05-15

Locked Topic -  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Locked Topic -    Locked Topic -  I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 21, 2017 3:30 am

My only complaint is that you stopped the bunfight before I'd finished my popcorn!
Back to top Go down
Meldrew
Visiting Curmudgeon
Meldrew

Number of posts : 4176
Registration date : 2010-11-16

Locked Topic -  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Locked Topic -    Locked Topic -  I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 21, 2017 4:12 am

That's a good thing, at the bottom of every carton lurks the nasty bits, the ones that feel like broken glass inside your mouth. I never buy cinema popcorn, I'm wary they may recycle the contents of the half eaten cartons, and all the spilled and trampled popcorn collected in the clean up in between showings.
Back to top Go down
Easyrider
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Easyrider

Number of posts : 1012
Registration date : 2015-12-18

Locked Topic -  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Locked Topic -    Locked Topic -  I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 21, 2017 1:30 pm

Meldrew wrote:
That's a good thing, at the bottom of every carton lurks the nasty bits, the ones that feel like broken glass inside your mouth. I never buy cinema popcorn, I'm wary they may recycle the contents of the half eaten cartons, and all the spilled and trampled popcorn collected in the clean up in between showings.

Meldrew,
That only happens on your side of the pond. Nah....JUST JOKING LOL!
Back to top Go down
Meldrew
Visiting Curmudgeon
Meldrew

Number of posts : 4176
Registration date : 2010-11-16

Locked Topic -  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Locked Topic -    Locked Topic -  I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 21, 2017 1:52 pm

I've never been asked to show ID when buying popcorn over here, but I have over your side of the Pond. A few years ago Mrs M bought tickets for a Boston Celtics basketball game when we were over there on holiday. I never really got into the game, we were up in the nose bleeds seats  and to me it was just a lot of lanky lads in big shorts playing what we call netball. Very athletic and skilled lads, they were potting baskets or whatever with monotonous regularity.

My favourite bits were when that bloke occasionally came to squeegee sweat off the court.

Anyway I went for a snack and asked for a bucket of popcorn, and I really thought they were joking when I was asked to show ID for popcorn!  scratch

I still mulling that over when I dragged that US size bucket of popcorn back to my seat. The last inch of popcorn felt like I was chewing broken light bulbs.
Back to top Go down
Easyrider
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Easyrider

Number of posts : 1012
Registration date : 2015-12-18

Locked Topic -  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Locked Topic -    Locked Topic -  I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 21, 2017 2:11 pm

Meldrew wrote:
I've never been asked to show ID when buying popcorn over here, but I have over your side of the Pond. A few years ago Mrs M bought tickets for a Boston Celtics basketball game when we were over there on holiday. I never really got into the game, we were up in the nose bleeds seats  and to me it was just a lot of lanky lads in big shorts playing what we call netball. Very athletic and skilled lads, they were potting baskets or whatever with monotonous regularity.

My favourite bits were when that bloke occasionally came to squeegee sweat off the court.

Anyway I went for a snack and asked for a bucket of popcorn, and I really thought they were joking when I was asked to show ID for popcorn!  scratch

I still mulling that over when I dragged that US size bucket of popcorn back to my seat. The last inch of popcorn felt like I was chewing broken light bulbs.

Meldrew,
You must have gotten the bottom of the batch. LOL.

Just be happy Mrs M did not purchase NFL tickets. The seats are much higher than your "nose bleeds seats" and the players look much smaller. Most NFL stadiums are exposed to uncontrolled weather conditions (snow, rain, and cold winds).

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Locked Topic -  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Locked Topic -    Locked Topic -  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Locked Topic -
Page 1 of 1