Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» drive belts
Crankshaft left oil seal? I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Yesterday at 5:43 pm

» New member from Europe
Crankshaft left oil seal? I_icon_minitimeby alex_at Yesterday at 3:55 pm

» New Silverwing owner, thoughts and questions
Crankshaft left oil seal? I_icon_minitimeby alex_at Yesterday at 3:54 pm

» Will my 2002 Silverwing 600 fit in the bed of my F150 Ford with Tailgat up or down?
Crankshaft left oil seal? I_icon_minitimeby tedebr Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:56 pm

» Is this a good price for a Silverwing 2006
Crankshaft left oil seal? I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Tue Mar 26, 2024 1:19 pm

» What were they thinking?
Crankshaft left oil seal? I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:57 am

» Hello everyone
Crankshaft left oil seal? I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:54 am

» Sidelight Bulbs
Crankshaft left oil seal? I_icon_minitimeby Green7 Mon Mar 25, 2024 5:25 pm

» Voyager trike kit forsale
Crankshaft left oil seal? I_icon_minitimeby Mkdelay12@gmail.com Sun Mar 24, 2024 7:41 pm

» tiny oil leak
Crankshaft left oil seal? I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Sun Mar 24, 2024 1:41 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Crankshaft left oil seal?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
peterb
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
peterb

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2017-07-06

Crankshaft left oil seal? Empty
PostSubject: Crankshaft left oil seal?   Crankshaft left oil seal? I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 17, 2017 10:38 am

Hello,
Can you suggest a reliable distributor, Ebay seller, etc., where I can buy the crankshaft left oil seal (91201-MCT-003 or equivalent) in a short time, with resonable price and postal fee and primarily from an EU country?
I ordered it from a big, local, vehicle parts distributor on 23-06, they promised 1-2 weeks delivery, and until now they can tell me nothing about the current location and delivery date...
Back to top Go down
efinglada
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 29
Registration date : 2020-02-12

PostSubject: Re: Crankshaft left oil seal?   Crankshaft left oil seal? I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 20, 2021 5:09 pm

Hi to all,
Does anyone know if to change the crankshaft's left side oil seal, it is possible to do it removing the belt case-swing arm with the clutch and final reduction, all in one piece?
Regards
Eduardo
Back to top Go down
Cosmic_Jumper
Site Admin
Cosmic_Jumper

Number of posts : 4416
Registration date : 2009-06-12

PostSubject: Re: Crankshaft left oil seal?   Crankshaft left oil seal? I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 20, 2021 5:30 pm

efinglada wrote:
Does anyone know if to change the crankshaft's left side oil seal, it is possible to do it removing the belt case-swing arm with the clutch and final reduction, all in one piece?

Yes. Obviously the variator assembly must be removed but no need to remove the Driven Pulley/Clutch/Final Drive assembly.
Back to top Go down
efinglada
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 29
Registration date : 2020-02-12

PostSubject: Re: Crankshaft left oil seal?   Crankshaft left oil seal? I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 20, 2021 6:25 pm

Thanks CJ,
That is what I mean. The belt case gets dirty with dust+oil due to a very small leak, since I bought my SW two years ago. So I think I will try to replace the seal
Also, the lower half of the engine gets oily, so the oil seal on the alternator side must be the cause? Is there another place from where the engine sweats oil?
Besides that it runs as it should and I don't have to add oil, so the loss is minimal, just a drop once in a while in the garage floor
Back to top Go down
Mech 1 twa
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Mech 1 twa

Number of posts : 1378
Registration date : 2016-01-02

PostSubject: Re: Crankshaft left oil seal?   Crankshaft left oil seal? I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 21, 2021 8:38 pm

Over filling the rear diff. will also cause a leak into belt case. Over filled it once and cost me a belt and under hard acceleration belt was slipping made a loud noise and felt the loss of drive.

Alternator cover a known leak. Had a bad water pump also minor leak after long rides just a drop or two. Two weep holes on pump one coolant other oil.Crankshaft left oil seal? Img_2013
Back to top Go down
Cosmic_Jumper
Site Admin
Cosmic_Jumper

Number of posts : 4416
Registration date : 2009-06-12

PostSubject: Re: Crankshaft left oil seal?   Crankshaft left oil seal? I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 22, 2021 4:03 pm

Further to zrx212’s comments regarding the known stator seal leakĀ I’ve spun off the comments about the alternator seal leak to its own topic.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Crankshaft left oil seal?   Crankshaft left oil seal? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Crankshaft left oil seal?
Page 1 of 1