Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» drive belts
Toss out the side stand and use I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Today at 5:43 pm

» New member from Europe
Toss out the side stand and use I_icon_minitimeby alex_at Today at 3:55 pm

» New Silverwing owner, thoughts and questions
Toss out the side stand and use I_icon_minitimeby alex_at Today at 3:54 pm

» Will my 2002 Silverwing 600 fit in the bed of my F150 Ford with Tailgat up or down?
Toss out the side stand and use I_icon_minitimeby tedebr Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:56 pm

» Is this a good price for a Silverwing 2006
Toss out the side stand and use I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Tue Mar 26, 2024 1:19 pm

» What were they thinking?
Toss out the side stand and use I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:57 am

» Hello everyone
Toss out the side stand and use I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:54 am

» Sidelight Bulbs
Toss out the side stand and use I_icon_minitimeby Green7 Mon Mar 25, 2024 5:25 pm

» Voyager trike kit forsale
Toss out the side stand and use I_icon_minitimeby Mkdelay12@gmail.com Sun Mar 24, 2024 7:41 pm

» tiny oil leak
Toss out the side stand and use I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Sun Mar 24, 2024 1:41 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Toss out the side stand and use

Go down 
+3
NWSSC
Cosmic_Jumper
oldwingguy
7 posters
AuthorMessage
oldwingguy
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 1936
Registration date : 2016-01-29

Toss out the side stand and use Empty
PostSubject: Toss out the side stand and use   Toss out the side stand and use I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 06, 2017 9:17 am

Honda has unveiled a new gravity defying, self-balancing motorcycle at CES 2017. Based on its Uni-Cub technology, Honda's prototype Moto Riding Assist has been designed to balance itself while being ridden by a rider even at a low speed. The bike also boasts of some self-driving capabilities and has been customised to balance itself when there is no rider.
Honda spokesperson Sage Marie said that the bike can also be equipped with self-driving features which could, for instance, allow riders to get off the vehicle curbside and walk away, while the bike finds its own parking spot, CNET reported.
The bike's technology is based on Honda's self-balancing Uni-Cub scooter and the ASIMO robot. The bike does not make use of traditional gyroscopes for balancing. Instead, the bike has been designed to automatically adjust and lower the front fork angling, especially when moving at lower speeds, according to a report by Gizmodo.
The bike is also capable of seamlessly moving between regular riding mode to balance mode. The bike makes use of "robotics technology to create a self-balancing motorcycle that greatly reduces the possibility of falling over while the motorcycle is at rest," Honda said.
Meanwhile, it is still unclear if Honda plans to launch a production line for the prototype. There is also no word yet about whether the company's bikes would come with the Riding Assist technology in the near future.

[Admin edit] http://gizmodo.com/hondas-new-experimental-motorcycle-can-balance-all-by-i-1790635255
Back to top Go down
Cosmic_Jumper
Site Admin
Cosmic_Jumper

Number of posts : 4416
Registration date : 2009-06-12

PostSubject: Re: Toss out the side stand and use   Toss out the side stand and use I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 06, 2017 10:23 am

Woo hoo! Now I'll be able to text & ride. No more of this zen mindfulness riding stuff for me.
Back to top Go down
oldwingguy
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

PostSubject: Re: Toss out the side stand and use   Toss out the side stand and use I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 06, 2017 10:27 am

LOL, I wonder how it works when one gets out of shape on a tight corner and you have a get off, does the bike just stop and hold it's self upright until you crawl back on? Yeh right LOL.
Back to top Go down
NWSSC
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider
NWSSC

Number of posts : 418
Registration date : 2010-03-03

PostSubject: Re: Toss out the side stand and use    Toss out the side stand and use I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 06, 2017 10:44 am

Next they will have software so you can get off the bike and it will find a parking spot and you will be able to call it back on your I phone. Wow what progress. Howard
Back to top Go down
http://www.northwestsuburbanscooterclub.com/
oldwingguy
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

PostSubject: Re: Toss out the side stand and use   Toss out the side stand and use I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 06, 2017 11:01 am

OK, so everything works as planed the bike starts up to come back to you but someone else jumps on, now what? does it recognize you electronically and refuses to move?
Back to top Go down
steve_h80
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert

Number of posts : 993
Registration date : 2016-05-15

PostSubject: Re: Toss out the side stand and use   Toss out the side stand and use I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 06, 2017 11:14 am

Usual solution Oldwing,. You have your butt chipped, if the bike doesnt recognise you it activates a 6" bolt and firing carge contraption below the seat.
That should put the thieving buggers off.
And a separate alarm isn't required as the screams will be audible in a 2 mile radius :-)
Back to top Go down
Winger61
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider
Winger61

Number of posts : 452
Registration date : 2010-10-15

PostSubject: Re: Toss out the side stand and use   Toss out the side stand and use I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 06, 2017 11:24 am

Had to check the date - thought it was April 1st! Laughing
Back to top Go down
phils a winger
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
phils a winger

Number of posts : 179
Registration date : 2014-09-27

PostSubject: Re: Toss out the side stand and use   Toss out the side stand and use I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 06, 2017 5:34 pm

seen the Honda advert on facebook tonight and all the above appears true
Back to top Go down
exavid
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 2658
Registration date : 2009-07-17

PostSubject: Re: Toss out the side stand and use   Toss out the side stand and use I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 07, 2017 12:58 am

Kinda reminds me of the early days of NASA. It didn't take long for the first Astronauts to discover ball point pens didn't work in orbit. NASA spent three million dollars making what became the Fisher space pen with a pressurized ink supply.
The Russian Cosmonauts had discovered the same problem. They were told, "use a pencil".
Somtimes over engineering really isn't worth the cost.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Toss out the side stand and use   Toss out the side stand and use I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Toss out the side stand and use
Page 1 of 1