Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» drive belts
4 way flasher I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Yesterday at 5:43 pm

» New member from Europe
4 way flasher I_icon_minitimeby alex_at Yesterday at 3:55 pm

» New Silverwing owner, thoughts and questions
4 way flasher I_icon_minitimeby alex_at Yesterday at 3:54 pm

» Will my 2002 Silverwing 600 fit in the bed of my F150 Ford with Tailgat up or down?
4 way flasher I_icon_minitimeby tedebr Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:56 pm

» Is this a good price for a Silverwing 2006
4 way flasher I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Tue Mar 26, 2024 1:19 pm

» What were they thinking?
4 way flasher I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:57 am

» Hello everyone
4 way flasher I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:54 am

» Sidelight Bulbs
4 way flasher I_icon_minitimeby Green7 Mon Mar 25, 2024 5:25 pm

» Voyager trike kit forsale
4 way flasher I_icon_minitimeby Mkdelay12@gmail.com Sun Mar 24, 2024 7:41 pm

» tiny oil leak
4 way flasher I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Sun Mar 24, 2024 1:41 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

4 way flasher

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Mike from NS
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider
Mike from NS

Number of posts : 461
Registration date : 2013-09-12

4 way flasher Empty
PostSubject: 4 way flasher   4 way flasher I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 30, 2016 7:05 am

My Silverwing is a 2005 with 20,000kms "on the clock"; and I'd like to install a means of flashing all 4 signal lights together... ie.: a 4 way flasher modification. This is my first point of looking into this. Someone must have done this already, or maybe Honda have added this on newer models. Please offer comments and suggestions on the best way to approach this and if you have already done it.

Thanks,
Mike
Back to top Go down
Mike from NS
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider
Mike from NS

4 way flasher Empty
PostSubject: Re: 4 way flasher   4 way flasher I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 30, 2016 7:21 am

I think I found my answer through a post of similar nature from Dupe Winger back in June of 2010.

Further comments appreciated however. I should have searched the site before posting my question.

Thanks
Mike
Back to top Go down
john grinsel
Curmudgeon
john grinsel

Number of posts : 3291
Registration date : 2009-08-18

4 way flasher Empty
PostSubject: Re: 4 way flasher   4 way flasher I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 30, 2016 10:40 am

Not on newer models---mine 2013. Burgman 400 has 4 way stock and I miss it.
Back to top Go down
Cosmic_Jumper
Site Admin
Cosmic_Jumper

Number of posts : 4416
Registration date : 2009-06-12

4 way flasher Empty
PostSubject: Re: 4 way flasher   4 way flasher I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 30, 2016 12:45 pm

Here is a link to the Singapore Bikes Forum article on converting the existing turn signals to 4-way flashers. Note that Option 3 adds an additional relay to the circuit which also allows the 4-ways to be turned on when the ignition is in the OFF position --a good feature to have if you are along side the road waiting for help: http://www.singaporebikes.com/forums/showthread.php/325894-lt-Info-gt-Silverwing-400cc-600cc-Tech-Corner/page4

Tim
Back to top Go down
Mike from NS
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider
Mike from NS

4 way flasher Empty
PostSubject: Re: 4 way flasher   4 way flasher I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 30, 2016 1:56 pm

Thanks Tim !

A wealth of info from that link.

Mike
Back to top Go down
Easyrider
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Easyrider

Number of posts : 1012
Registration date : 2015-12-18

4 way flasher Empty
PostSubject: Re: 4 way flasher   4 way flasher I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 30, 2016 8:37 pm

When looking at option 3, why would I need a relay if I am getting power for my switch before the ignition switch? As I see it, option 3 allows the four way flashing to operate with the ignition off. The relay would always be in the NO state passing power to the switch. I like the idea and may try it.
Back to top Go down
Cosmic_Jumper
Site Admin
Cosmic_Jumper

4 way flasher Empty
PostSubject: Re: 4 way flasher   4 way flasher I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 30, 2016 9:43 pm

Option 3 is a simplified illustration. The 2nd relay substitutes for the stock relay, which is an integral part of the Combination Meter board and therefore is only powered when the ignition is ON.. The 2nd relay allows the 4-ways to flash with the ignition OFF. The 2nd relay is an off-the-shelf 4 terminal relay and is wired in the traditional manner. I hope this makes sense.

Tim
Back to top Go down
Easyrider
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Easyrider

4 way flasher Empty
PostSubject: Re: 4 way flasher   4 way flasher I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 30, 2016 11:00 pm

Cosmic_Jumper wrote:
Option 3 is a simplified illustration. The 2nd relay substitutes for the stock relay, which is an integral part of the Combination Meter board and therefore is only powered when the ignition is ON.. The 2nd relay allows the 4-ways to flash with the ignition OFF. The 2nd relay is an off-the-shelf 4 terminal relay and is wired in the traditional manner. I hope this makes sense.

Tim

Tim,
I thought that relays are electronic switches and need power to turn a circuit. I am thinking that the relay could be eliminated in the option 3 diagram. What would happen if I eliminated the relay? I am sorry, but I do not have great knowledge about electronics.

Bump
Anyone out there know the answer to my question? Can I use a switch to apply power to right and left turn signal circuits?

Back to top Go down
Easyrider
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Easyrider

4 way flasher Empty
PostSubject: Re: 4 way flasher   4 way flasher I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 04, 2016 5:09 pm

Easyrider wrote:
Cosmic_Jumper wrote:

Tim

Tim,
I thought that relays are electronic switches and need power to turn a circuit. I am thinking that the relay could be eliminated in the option 3 diagram. What would happen if I eliminated the relay? I am sorry, but I do not have great knowledge about electronics.

Bump
Anyone out there know the answer to my question? Can I use a switch to apply power to right and left turn signal circuits?

Back to top Go down
Cosmic_Jumper
Site Admin
Cosmic_Jumper

4 way flasher Empty
PostSubject: Re: 4 way flasher   4 way flasher I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 05, 2016 12:10 am

Options 1 & 2 eliminate the optional 2nd relay in favor of using "a switch" and the internal relay of the Combination Meter. Unfortunately that means that the only way the 4-ways will operate is if the ignition is ON AND the turn signal switch ON as well. Wiring that Option 3 relay allows the 4-ways to operate with the ignition OFF and is not dependent on the turn signal switch being ON either.

Yes, that Option 3 relay does need to be powered by the battery as well, however because it is a simplified illustration it doesn't doesn't show that. Check out a couple of the other posts on that Singapore Bikes Forum page for information on wiring relays --or google 'how to wire a relay'.

Tim
Back to top Go down
Easyrider
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Easyrider

4 way flasher Empty
PostSubject: Re: 4 way flasher   4 way flasher I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 05, 2016 5:13 am

Tim,
In the opt3 diagram, is the second relay really a "flasher relay"? I thought that just by connecting to the right and l eft turn signal circuits that somehow the lights would flash.
Back to top Go down
dspevack
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
dspevack

Number of posts : 2008
Registration date : 2008-12-27

4 way flasher Empty
PostSubject: Re: 4 way flasher   4 way flasher I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 05, 2016 7:35 am

I just keep picturing a relay race, like they have at track and field events, populated entirely by men wearing loose-belted trench coats with nothing on underneath....a flasher relay! rolling laughter
Back to top Go down
Cosmic_Jumper
Site Admin
Cosmic_Jumper

4 way flasher Empty
PostSubject: Re: 4 way flasher   4 way flasher I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 05, 2016 3:44 pm

Easyrider wrote:
Tim,
In the opt3 diagram, is the second relay really a "flasher relay"? I thought that just by connecting to the right and l eft turn signal circuits that somehow the lights would flash.

Yes, by just connecting the Orange & Light Blue wires while activating the turn signal switch to either position will allow all 4 turn signal switches to flash --as long as the ignition switch is ON.

Yes, the second relay is a "turn signal flasher relay".

See the link below for a wiring diagram for a flasher relay. In this example the dash light wire at terminal "C" can be ignored because it's not needed. While the switch shown at terminal "49a" will be the switch shown in the Option 3 circuit.

http://www.12voltplanet.co.uk/12v-universal-electronic-flasher-hazard-relay-21wx2-5w.html#

Tim
Back to top Go down
Easyrider
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Easyrider

4 way flasher Empty
PostSubject: Re: 4 way flasher   4 way flasher I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 06, 2016 3:05 am

Thanks Tim. Gave you a THANKS! Will follow up when I complete the mod.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

4 way flasher Empty
PostSubject: Re: 4 way flasher   4 way flasher I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

4 way flasher
Page 1 of 1