Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» New member from Europe
Touring in historical landscapes of western Finland 21.9. I_icon_minitimeby steve_h80 Today at 4:47 am

» New Silverwing owner, thoughts and questions
Touring in historical landscapes of western Finland 21.9. I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Yesterday at 4:25 pm

» Will my 2002 Silverwing 600 fit in the bed of my F150 Ford with Tailgat up or down?
Touring in historical landscapes of western Finland 21.9. I_icon_minitimeby tedebr Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:56 pm

» Is this a good price for a Silverwing 2006
Touring in historical landscapes of western Finland 21.9. I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Tue Mar 26, 2024 1:19 pm

» What were they thinking?
Touring in historical landscapes of western Finland 21.9. I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:57 am

» Hello everyone
Touring in historical landscapes of western Finland 21.9. I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:54 am

» Sidelight Bulbs
Touring in historical landscapes of western Finland 21.9. I_icon_minitimeby Green7 Mon Mar 25, 2024 5:25 pm

» Voyager trike kit forsale
Touring in historical landscapes of western Finland 21.9. I_icon_minitimeby Mkdelay12@gmail.com Sun Mar 24, 2024 7:41 pm

» tiny oil leak
Touring in historical landscapes of western Finland 21.9. I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Sun Mar 24, 2024 1:41 pm

» Low charging
Touring in historical landscapes of western Finland 21.9. I_icon_minitimeby yammer Sat Mar 23, 2024 1:49 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Touring in historical landscapes of western Finland 21.9.

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Leena H
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Leena H

Number of posts : 103
Registration date : 2016-09-17

Touring in historical landscapes of western Finland 21.9. Empty
PostSubject: Touring in historical landscapes of western Finland 21.9.   Touring in historical landscapes of western Finland 21.9. I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 21, 2016 2:17 pm

The close up of this season is coming nearer every day, so it´s better to use every day when it´s not raining or blowing too hard. I had a good reason to test my new Rukka Queen Goretex gloves. The topic was to visit places that have caused either good or bad emotional reactions to people some day.

Pictures:
1. Windmills near Vaasa. I don´t like the idea of windmills for these reasons: they spoil the landscapes, are dangerous for birds and are very expensive for the taxpayers due to the support tariffs.

2. Old church of Kyrö, build in the 1300-century. It was here where the Cudgel War in 1856 began, when the peasants killed a king´s tax collector. The leaders of the revolt were beheaded in the courtyard of the church. The nro uno was called Jaakko Ilkka.

3. The same church by the river side.

4. The Napue Gin was awarded the first prize by the International Wine and Spirit Competition. This building used to be a dairy, but now it´s a distillery.

5. An old Finnish farmhouse, this type is very typical to my home region in western Finland. This building is located in Ilmajoki (in english Airriver Smile ), where Jaakko Ilkka used to live.

6. The monument of the man himself.

7. Near my hometown Vaasa is located a locality Laihia. There are loads of jokes about the stinginess of it´s inhabitants. This is the museum of that personality trait.

8. The building belonging to the museum.

9. The feeling after touring with my new gloves  queen  !
Attachments
Touring in historical landscapes of western Finland 21.9. AttachmentIMG_1911.jpg
1. Windmills near Vaasa. I don´t like the idea of windmills for these reasons: they spoil the landscapes, are dangerous for birds and are very expensive for the taxpayers due to the support tariffs.
You don't have permission to download attachments.
(14 Kb) Downloaded 17 times
Touring in historical landscapes of western Finland 21.9. AttachmentIMG_1912.jpg
2. Old church of Kyrö, build in the 1300-century. It was here where the Cudgel War in 1856 began, when the peasants killed a king´s tax collector. The leaders of the revolt were beheaded in the courtyard of the church. The nro uno was called Ja
You don't have permission to download attachments.
(15 Kb) Downloaded 14 times
Back to top Go down
Leena H
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Leena H

Number of posts : 103
Registration date : 2016-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Touring in historical landscapes of western Finland 21.9.   Touring in historical landscapes of western Finland 21.9. I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 21, 2016 3:03 pm

More pictures:  Go to my Facebook, please. There are some public files from my trips to Norway. (I have problems attaching the pictures even after converting the files).
Back to top Go down
Kenjj50
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 220
Registration date : 2015-09-28

PostSubject: Re: Touring in historical landscapes of western Finland 21.9.   Touring in historical landscapes of western Finland 21.9. I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 21, 2016 6:05 pm

At your suggestion, I looked up your Facebook page. Very nice photos. Clearly, you are a scooter enthusiast. I must admit my Finnish is non-existant so I couldn't read the captions, but the photos were great. Thanks.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Touring in historical landscapes of western Finland 21.9.   Touring in historical landscapes of western Finland 21.9. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Touring in historical landscapes of western Finland 21.9.
Page 1 of 1