Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Rear shock longevity
J.R. in Minnesota....and yes it's COLD I_icon_minitimeby dovahkiin Today at 10:55 pm

» Latest Observations On My New To Me 2004 SW
J.R. in Minnesota....and yes it's COLD I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Today at 7:40 am

» What did you do to your SW today.
J.R. in Minnesota....and yes it's COLD I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Tue Apr 16, 2024 4:26 pm

» YSS rear shocks
J.R. in Minnesota....and yes it's COLD I_icon_minitimeby StuartBrown Tue Apr 16, 2024 1:36 pm

» New to Me Swing
J.R. in Minnesota....and yes it's COLD I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Mon Apr 15, 2024 10:06 pm

» SOLD 2004 Honda Silver Wing for sale, tastefully modded SOLD
J.R. in Minnesota....and yes it's COLD I_icon_minitimeby Rzor93 Sun Apr 14, 2024 2:29 pm

» peace, love and life
J.R. in Minnesota....and yes it's COLD I_icon_minitimeby cello33 Fri Apr 12, 2024 6:35 pm

» Fork specs, please help before 9/4/2024
J.R. in Minnesota....and yes it's COLD I_icon_minitimeby Anders L Thu Apr 11, 2024 9:58 am

» Forgive My Rookie Questions
J.R. in Minnesota....and yes it's COLD I_icon_minitimeby AldusFran Wed Apr 10, 2024 2:16 pm

» Greetings From 'Phoenix'
J.R. in Minnesota....and yes it's COLD I_icon_minitimeby AldusFran Wed Apr 10, 2024 2:07 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

J.R. in Minnesota....and yes it's COLD

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
J.R.
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
J.R.

Number of posts : 32
Registration date : 2009-08-25

J.R. in Minnesota....and yes it's COLD Empty
PostSubject: J.R. in Minnesota....and yes it's COLD   J.R. in Minnesota....and yes it's COLD I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 08, 2009 12:57 pm

First time I have checked in with your forum. Thanks for all the great
info! I bought my wife a Honda Metropolitan three years ago and she
liked it enough to make me get a TNG Verona 150. The Verona would do
about 55 at best. That got old quick. About two months ago I picked up
a 02 Silver Wing and I don't get pushed around anymore. The only mod I
have done to it is to take most of the padding out of the front rest. I
gained about 2 inches for my long legs. The rest of the Swing is
original. Put on about a thousand miles up till now.

(In case you want to know....39 degrees this AM) and yes I will get on it today...waiting for 45+.

Thanks Again.....J.R.
Back to top Go down
jdeereanton
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
jdeereanton

Number of posts : 1995
Registration date : 2008-12-24

PostSubject: Re: J.R. in Minnesota....and yes it's COLD   J.R. in Minnesota....and yes it's COLD I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 08, 2009 1:11 pm

J.R.,

Welcome to the forum. I'm originally from North Branch / Taylors Falls and enjoy the milder winters here, but miss ice fishing and the spring thaw.
Back to top Go down
http://kimdaleanton.wordpress.com
J.R.
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
J.R.

PostSubject: Re: J.R. in Minnesota....and yes it's COLD   J.R. in Minnesota....and yes it's COLD I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 08, 2009 1:46 pm

Thanks Dale. Love the Taylors Falls area. Snow in the forcast here for the weekend. No two days the same here. J.R.
Back to top Go down
jdeereanton
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
jdeereanton

Number of posts : 1995
Registration date : 2008-12-24

PostSubject: Re: J.R. in Minnesota....and yes it's COLD   J.R. in Minnesota....and yes it's COLD I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 08, 2009 3:54 pm

Do you ride with the MinnMax bunch? They have at least one organized ride per month in the snow free months. The Iron Range Rally in June is a good one to attend. You're only about 600 miles away from the HAMS rally (also in June) set for St. Louis - that'd be a nice ride down the River Road (US-61).
Back to top Go down
http://kimdaleanton.wordpress.com
som2002
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
som2002

Number of posts : 120
Registration date : 2009-06-19

PostSubject: Re: J.R. in Minnesota....and yes it's COLD   J.R. in Minnesota....and yes it's COLD I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 08, 2009 4:31 pm

Welcome aboard. I hear ya on the cold weather(wisconsin here). Today is rainy and miserable, as is the forecast for next few days... J.R. in Minnesota....and yes it's COLD Icon_rolleyes Looks like we skipped the fall and went right into winter.
Back to top Go down
http://www.fquick.com/som2002
tankyuong
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider
tankyuong

Number of posts : 475
Registration date : 2009-07-12

PostSubject: Re: J.R. in Minnesota....and yes it's COLD   J.R. in Minnesota....and yes it's COLD I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 08, 2009 4:56 pm

Whatcha wearin in the cold?
Back to top Go down
J.R.
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
J.R.

PostSubject: Re: J.R. in Minnesota....and yes it's COLD   J.R. in Minnesota....and yes it's COLD I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 08, 2009 11:24 pm

This is crazy. 70's -80's 2 weeks ago. Now it's to cold to ride. Spring
is 6 months away here. As for what to wear, a good tight North Face
type jacket seems to work best with a 3/4 or full face & tight
gloves. J.R.
Back to top Go down
The Scootist
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
The Scootist

Number of posts : 693
Registration date : 2009-01-23

PostSubject: Re: J.R. in Minnesota....and yes it's COLD   J.R. in Minnesota....and yes it's COLD I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 09, 2009 1:35 pm

When it is cold here I layer up with a fleece vest that has a high collar, a waterproof FieldSheer armoured jacket with an insulated liner, a pair of Columbia waterproof snow boarding pants, waterproof hiking boots, insulated gloves, and a full face helmet. The only thing that get cold are my fingers, so I am probably going to add heated grips or those hand muffs that people were talking about the other day. Last winter I rode one day when it was 13F. It was cold enough that I probably wouldn't try to ride if it was that cold again. I think from now on my cut off will be around 18 F to 20 F. But if I get the heated grips maybe... ??
Back to top Go down
tankyuong
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider
tankyuong

Number of posts : 475
Registration date : 2009-07-12

PostSubject: Re: J.R. in Minnesota....and yes it's COLD   J.R. in Minnesota....and yes it's COLD I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 09, 2009 10:28 pm

Ok, 37 deg f tonite , everything was fine except foggy windshield and frozen fingers.
Back to top Go down
som2002
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
som2002

Number of posts : 120
Registration date : 2009-06-19

PostSubject: Re: J.R. in Minnesota....and yes it's COLD   J.R. in Minnesota....and yes it's COLD I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 10, 2009 4:34 pm

40 degrees right now, highest it got all day. What fall?????? I can't take too much more of this GLOBAL WARMING.... J.R. in Minnesota....and yes it's COLD Icon_eek
Back to top Go down
http://www.fquick.com/som2002
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: J.R. in Minnesota....and yes it's COLD   J.R. in Minnesota....and yes it's COLD I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

J.R. in Minnesota....and yes it's COLD
Page 1 of 1