Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» New member from Europe
Weight of Scooter I_icon_minitimeby steve_h80 Today at 4:47 am

» New Silverwing owner, thoughts and questions
Weight of Scooter I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Yesterday at 4:25 pm

» Will my 2002 Silverwing 600 fit in the bed of my F150 Ford with Tailgat up or down?
Weight of Scooter I_icon_minitimeby tedebr Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:56 pm

» Is this a good price for a Silverwing 2006
Weight of Scooter I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Tue Mar 26, 2024 1:19 pm

» What were they thinking?
Weight of Scooter I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:57 am

» Hello everyone
Weight of Scooter I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:54 am

» Sidelight Bulbs
Weight of Scooter I_icon_minitimeby Green7 Mon Mar 25, 2024 5:25 pm

» Voyager trike kit forsale
Weight of Scooter I_icon_minitimeby Mkdelay12@gmail.com Sun Mar 24, 2024 7:41 pm

» tiny oil leak
Weight of Scooter I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Sun Mar 24, 2024 1:41 pm

» Low charging
Weight of Scooter I_icon_minitimeby yammer Sat Mar 23, 2024 1:49 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Weight of Scooter

Go down 
+7
tinman
Art
cotetoi
oldwingguy
Cookie
hankster
Tommo
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Tommo
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
Tommo

Number of posts : 94
Registration date : 2015-10-01

Weight of Scooter Empty
PostSubject: Weight of Scooter   Weight of Scooter I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 04, 2016 5:10 am

I was out yesterday on my SW, took a ride to the coast about 180 miles round trip, weather was great going out, but as usual in Wales it rained, so coming back was a bit wet, I was surprised how little rain actually hit me, of course the sides of my arms and my helmet, but legs and the rest of me quite dry.
Anyway I digress from my actual point, I arrived at a junction to turn right (remember road is wet) foot slipped as I put it down on the road to stop and down I went, no prob I just stepped off, but do you think I could lift SW back up? I struggled, there was no one about, no other traffic (that avoided embarrassment) then a Samaritan appeared from no where and helped me. No damage to Scoot just knocked mirror. Boy was she heavy.
I know the cut off switch works now. :lol!:
Back to top Go down
hankster
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 140
Registration date : 2015-11-14

Weight of Scooter Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weight of Scooter   Weight of Scooter I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 04, 2016 7:35 am

Back to top Go down
Cookie
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
Cookie

Number of posts : 233
Registration date : 2011-10-03

Weight of Scooter Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weight of Scooter   Weight of Scooter I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 04, 2016 7:52 am

Oops,
Glad there was no damage Tommo.
I find the annoyance plus the embarrassment gives me extra strength!
Back to top Go down
Tommo
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
Tommo

Number of posts : 94
Registration date : 2015-10-01

Weight of Scooter Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weight of Scooter   Weight of Scooter I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 04, 2016 8:31 am

Cookie wrote:
Oops,
Glad there was no damage Tommo.
I find the annoyance plus the embarrassment gives me extra strength!

:lol!: :lol!: :lol!:
I nearly went Green.
Back to top Go down
oldwingguy
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 1936
Registration date : 2016-01-29

Weight of Scooter Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weight of Scooter   Weight of Scooter I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 04, 2016 8:38 am

Try a GL 1500 lift from ground zero Shocked There are two kinds of bikers and dropping them, those that have and those that will Smile So far the S'Wing hasn't been by me but my others have.
Back to top Go down
cotetoi
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert

Number of posts : 757
Registration date : 2013-06-27

Weight of Scooter Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weight of Scooter   Weight of Scooter I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 04, 2016 8:49 am

Chalk it up as an experience. All part of two wheeling. I dropped mine in a driveway that looked like packed dirt but was soft at the edges, and bogged that front tire down. No harm done, to me or the bike. No help, no car stopping to help me. I finally decided to grit my teeth and tackled the beast.
As oldwingguy says: 2 types of riders, those who have and those who will ....
Jay.
Back to top Go down
Art
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 272
Registration date : 2015-12-25

Weight of Scooter Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weight of Scooter   Weight of Scooter I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 04, 2016 11:58 am

I managed to put mine down in the parking lot at work (think I found some loose gravel while turning / accelerating)
I don't think my cut off switch works, or if it does it's slow, as we did a little breakdancing
fortunately no injuries and just a few scratches
Back to top Go down
tinman
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 1298
Registration date : 2011-11-29

Weight of Scooter Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weight of Scooter   Weight of Scooter I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 04, 2016 12:40 pm

To help to lift a down swing ,apply the parking brake and front left leaver,that will stop the scoot from rolling away. If down on the right side,pull out the side stand. With two knee replacement and a need of two shoulder replacement , I am still abel to lay down my swing in my garage and lift it back up by myself without help .But every year it gets harder. This morning ,temperature - 32,   = 40C wind chill This spring with my trike kit removed I will have to lay my swing back down to remove the damage oil plug.

affraid  affraid I might need help this year , the mind can do it , my body says don't do it without help.
Back to top Go down
john grinsel
Curmudgeon
john grinsel

Number of posts : 3291
Registration date : 2009-08-18

Weight of Scooter Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weight of Scooter   Weight of Scooter I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 04, 2016 1:02 pm

SilverWing is heavy,too heavy, very heavy loaded for long trips,top heavy, no real hand holds AND everybody will probably drop theirs one time or another.

Daelim in Korea has optionable 360 degree sturdy bumper, real help in getting bike up and protects plastic, too!
Back to top Go down
Old Limey
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
Old Limey

Number of posts : 921
Registration date : 2010-06-09

Weight of Scooter Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weight of Scooter   Weight of Scooter I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 04, 2016 2:27 pm

Now that was a very good video. I once dropped my Deauville and struggled for about half an hour to lift it up, I was on a country lane and very little traffick. One Lorry went past, and a few minutes later another lorry came and stopped to help, as the first lorry had used his CB and said a biker needed help. Ever since I always give lorry drivers right of way and plenty of room. I hope it never happens again but if it does I'll remember that video, I hope! Smile
Back to top Go down
exavid
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 2658
Registration date : 2009-07-17

Weight of Scooter Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weight of Scooter   Weight of Scooter I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 04, 2016 2:31 pm

One advantage of a heavier bike is a smoother ride and less wind effect. I've owned four maxi scooters now and haven't dropped any. So far. I have had practice righting Goldwing 1000, 1100, 1200, 1500 and 1800. Most of them mine. With a Goldwing the hardest lift is when the bike goes down flat on the ground. It's bad enough when it stops on the crash bars but a complete flop is really difficult. I managed to lift my 1500 when it fell over past horizontal, wheels higher than the seat. It was on a highly cambered road way out in the middle of nowhere.
I had stopped to look at a river. Parked my bike on the edge of the paved road and walked out on a foot bridge. I heard a crash and saw my bike down. The edge of the pavement had broken under the kidk stand. I used the normal butt-first lift technique but it was very difficult. I was planning on rotating the bike so the wheels would be on the lower part of the road but managed to do it without resorting to that. I didn't want to scratch up the Tupperware twisting the bike around on its side. I would have knowing the damage I'd cause though, when you're out in the woods where there's little or no traffic and no cell service you do what you have to do.
Back to top Go down
Greysilver
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider
Greysilver

Number of posts : 494
Registration date : 2014-04-08

Weight of Scooter Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weight of Scooter   Weight of Scooter I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 04, 2016 3:28 pm

I never thought about it, a Goldwing falls to 45 degrees thanks to the crash bar that doesn't fold under. An S wing will fall to about full flat. I guess I figure it out when the times comes.

There are those that have and those that will. Shocked
Back to top Go down
exavid
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 2658
Registration date : 2009-07-17

Weight of Scooter Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weight of Scooter   Weight of Scooter I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 04, 2016 3:39 pm

There are those who've dropped their bike and those who lie about it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Weight of Scooter Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weight of Scooter   Weight of Scooter I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Weight of Scooter
Page 1 of 1