Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Final Drive Noise banished
discovered the one true 'issue' for Swings I_icon_minitimeby dovahkiin Today at 1:29 am

» Rear shock longevity
discovered the one true 'issue' for Swings I_icon_minitimeby dovahkiin Yesterday at 10:55 pm

» Latest Observations On My New To Me 2004 SW
discovered the one true 'issue' for Swings I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Yesterday at 7:40 am

» What did you do to your SW today.
discovered the one true 'issue' for Swings I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Tue Apr 16, 2024 4:26 pm

» YSS rear shocks
discovered the one true 'issue' for Swings I_icon_minitimeby StuartBrown Tue Apr 16, 2024 1:36 pm

» New to Me Swing
discovered the one true 'issue' for Swings I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Mon Apr 15, 2024 10:06 pm

» SOLD 2004 Honda Silver Wing for sale, tastefully modded SOLD
discovered the one true 'issue' for Swings I_icon_minitimeby Rzor93 Sun Apr 14, 2024 2:29 pm

» peace, love and life
discovered the one true 'issue' for Swings I_icon_minitimeby cello33 Fri Apr 12, 2024 6:35 pm

» Fork specs, please help before 9/4/2024
discovered the one true 'issue' for Swings I_icon_minitimeby Anders L Thu Apr 11, 2024 9:58 am

» Forgive My Rookie Questions
discovered the one true 'issue' for Swings I_icon_minitimeby AldusFran Wed Apr 10, 2024 2:16 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

discovered the one true 'issue' for Swings

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Art
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 272
Registration date : 2015-12-25

discovered the one true 'issue' for Swings Empty
PostSubject: discovered the one true 'issue' for Swings   discovered the one true 'issue' for Swings I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 27, 2016 12:13 pm

I studied and studied this forum looking for 'known issues' before stepping up and buying, and discovered none
Then I bought
Then I discovered the Swing's 1 glaring issue
A lack of issues makes for a slower moving forum without much chatter :lol!:
swing swing
Back to top Go down
Kenjj50
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 220
Registration date : 2015-09-28

PostSubject: Re: discovered the one true 'issue' for Swings   discovered the one true 'issue' for Swings I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 27, 2016 12:19 pm

That's why you have to spend your time searching through the archives! I particularly like the "Accessories and Mods" section.
Back to top Go down
john grinsel
Curmudgeon
john grinsel

Number of posts : 3294
Registration date : 2009-08-18

PostSubject: Re: discovered the one true 'issue' for Swings   discovered the one true 'issue' for Swings I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 27, 2016 5:06 pm

As long time SilverWing Rider---2 new ones, I see at least two issues.

#1 not made anymore for at least for US market

#2 Buffeting of rider---true for all/most Maxi-scooters ---bought nine new ones.
SilverWing buffeting solved at least within reason with GIVI Adjustable Windshields.

Other than belt changes, SilverWings have served me well for over 75,000 miles
Back to top Go down
exavid
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 2658
Registration date : 2009-07-17

PostSubject: Re: discovered the one true 'issue' for Swings   discovered the one true 'issue' for Swings I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 27, 2016 10:10 pm

Silver Wing a great scooter but the OEM windshield less than great. My current bike's windscreen works as well as the Givi adjustable did on the SW. Except I can't loose the top part. Just gotta press the button to adjust it.
Back to top Go down
Art
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 272
Registration date : 2015-12-25

PostSubject: Re: discovered the one true 'issue' for Swings   discovered the one true 'issue' for Swings I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 29, 2016 12:13 am

I like the screen a heck of a lot better than not having one, riding a screenless cruiser at 70 will give yo a better appreciation of how much this screen does protect you Laughing
and yes it's sad that us Muricans don't appreciate maxi scooters
We don't much care for Standards, either
Back to top Go down
exavid
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 2658
Registration date : 2009-07-17

PostSubject: Re: discovered the one true 'issue' for Swings   discovered the one true 'issue' for Swings I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 29, 2016 1:22 am

Some of us do like Standards. My last naked bike was a 1980 GL1100 Goldwing Standard. I did cheat a bit with a small windshield. Surprising how much quicker and more nimble a GW is without a fairing.
Back to top Go down
ScottO
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
ScottO

Number of posts : 49
Registration date : 2013-10-19

PostSubject: Re: discovered the one true 'issue' for Swings   discovered the one true 'issue' for Swings I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 29, 2016 8:10 am

You can create your own issue Like I did. I had an oil leak this winter, I bought a can of leak stopper, when I was warming up my Swing to change the oil and add the leak stopper I found out my leak was coming out of my dipstick hole. I had stripped the threads and so I wasn't getting a seal anymore. Took the leak stopper back and bought a new dipstick.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: discovered the one true 'issue' for Swings   discovered the one true 'issue' for Swings I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

discovered the one true 'issue' for Swings
Page 1 of 1