Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» drive belts
New Forum Photo I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Today at 5:43 pm

» New member from Europe
New Forum Photo I_icon_minitimeby alex_at Today at 3:55 pm

» New Silverwing owner, thoughts and questions
New Forum Photo I_icon_minitimeby alex_at Today at 3:54 pm

» Will my 2002 Silverwing 600 fit in the bed of my F150 Ford with Tailgat up or down?
New Forum Photo I_icon_minitimeby tedebr Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:56 pm

» Is this a good price for a Silverwing 2006
New Forum Photo I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Tue Mar 26, 2024 1:19 pm

» What were they thinking?
New Forum Photo I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:57 am

» Hello everyone
New Forum Photo I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:54 am

» Sidelight Bulbs
New Forum Photo I_icon_minitimeby Green7 Mon Mar 25, 2024 5:25 pm

» Voyager trike kit forsale
New Forum Photo I_icon_minitimeby Mkdelay12@gmail.com Sun Mar 24, 2024 7:41 pm

» tiny oil leak
New Forum Photo I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Sun Mar 24, 2024 1:41 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

New Forum Photo

Go down 
+10
Kenjj50
GHM-PM
"Hi Yo"
PeterC
bicyclenut
gremlin
Art
Mike from NS
CathyN
Cosmic_Jumper
14 posters
AuthorMessage
Cosmic_Jumper
Site Admin
Cosmic_Jumper

Number of posts : 4416
Registration date : 2009-06-12

New Forum Photo Empty
PostSubject: New Forum Photo   New Forum Photo I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 31, 2015 11:24 pm

Gustafa's 2006 yellow Silverwing. Not only a unique color, but another example with Givi side cases. Happy New Year

Tim
Back to top Go down
CathyN
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert

Number of posts : 771
Registration date : 2010-11-15

New Forum Photo Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Forum Photo   New Forum Photo I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 01, 2016 2:31 am

Nice.
Back to top Go down
Mike from NS
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider
Mike from NS

Number of posts : 461
Registration date : 2013-09-12

New Forum Photo Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Forum Photo   New Forum Photo I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 01, 2016 8:09 am

Yup, really nice.

Mike
Back to top Go down
Art
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 272
Registration date : 2015-12-25

New Forum Photo Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Forum Photo   New Forum Photo I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 01, 2016 12:00 pm

I was surprised to say the least
"Am I on the right forum? it IS a Swing"
Back to top Go down
gremlin
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
gremlin

Number of posts : 227
Registration date : 2015-04-09

New Forum Photo Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Forum Photo   New Forum Photo I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 01, 2016 3:28 pm

I like the yellow, but think it would look better with the bottom panels matching.
[img]New Forum Photo Maxres13[/img]
Back to top Go down
bicyclenut
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
bicyclenut

Number of posts : 141
Registration date : 2015-09-04

New Forum Photo Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Forum Photo   New Forum Photo I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 02, 2016 10:13 am

Nice, I had a Honda Reflex in that color. Hard to miss coming down the road.
Back to top Go down
http://www.MarkNovackPhotography.com
Cosmic_Jumper
Site Admin
Cosmic_Jumper

Number of posts : 4416
Registration date : 2009-06-12

New Forum Photo Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Forum Photo   New Forum Photo I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 02, 2016 10:52 am

gremlin wrote:
I like the yellow, but think it would look better with the bottom panels matching.

Gremlin, Is that an OEM yellow, or a respray? If so can you please tell us the paint code for that yellow.

I think that the "titanium" skirts on the forum photo might appear a little less harsh if the color transition at the front cover seam was kind of 'blended'. Maybe a Respol sticker (at a proper angle) would break up the contrast at that seam.

Screaming Yellow Zonker indeed.

Tim
Back to top Go down
PeterC
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
PeterC

Number of posts : 90
Registration date : 2015-11-16

New Forum Photo Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Forum Photo   New Forum Photo I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 02, 2016 3:02 pm

Whoa!!  Am I on the right Forum??!!  Laughing

Nice looking unit Gustafa.  The speed cops couldn't miss you with that colour!  Hehehe
Back to top Go down
"Hi Yo"
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
New Forum Photo 510-80

Number of posts : 2940
Registration date : 2010-02-17

New Forum Photo Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Forum Photo   New Forum Photo I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 02, 2016 3:57 pm

applause applause Kudos for the forum picture choice. applause applause
Back to top Go down
gremlin
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
gremlin

Number of posts : 227
Registration date : 2015-04-09

New Forum Photo Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Forum Photo   New Forum Photo I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 02, 2016 3:59 pm

Cosmic_Jumper wrote:
gremlin wrote:

Gremlin, Is that an OEM yellow, or a respray? If so can you please tell us the paint code for that yellow.

I think that the "titanium" skirts on the forum photo might appear a little less harsh if the color transition at the front cover seam was kind of 'blended'. Maybe a Respol sticker (at a proper angle) would break up the contrast at that seam.

Screaming Yellow Zonker indeed.

Tim

I am sure it is a re-spray. I found it on the net, when I looked out of curiosity for a yellow one. It might make a good choice for me, since the other Australians refer to us Queenlanders as " banana benders"
I recently found a SW in Oz offered for sale in white; turned out it got re-painted soon after purchase because the wife did not like the original silver. But they went all the way and even painted the exhaust shield !!!????
[img]New Forum Photo Gc498110[/img]
Back to top Go down
GHM-PM
Site Admin
GHM-PM

Number of posts : 2540
Registration date : 2012-05-17

New Forum Photo Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Forum Photo   New Forum Photo I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 03, 2016 8:20 am

Nice looking SWing and I for one like the titanium panels! Cool saddlebags too!
Back to top Go down
Kenjj50
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 220
Registration date : 2015-09-28

New Forum Photo Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Forum Photo   New Forum Photo I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 03, 2016 12:35 pm

I like the yellow Swing. Odd that Honda doesn't routinely make that color available. Considering how "invisible" scooters and motorcycles are to drivers, brighter colors would seem to be a really good idea. I like the white Swing too for the same reason. Both would show up a lot better in low light conditions than black or red or dark blue.
Back to top Go down
Gustafa
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
Gustafa

Number of posts : 218
Registration date : 2015-10-10

New Forum Photo Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Forum Photo   New Forum Photo I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2016 9:23 am

Hey guys, thanks for the honor and all the compliments!

I bought the bike used from a gentleman who had done this paint job. I really wanted a blue SWing, which is this bikes original color, but after noticing how much this color helps, input from my friends who ride, etc. Ive decided to leave it or maybe have it sprayed yellow flake at some point.

Gremlin, I never thought about the bottom panels, something to think about, looks pretty good on that SWing! I've always loved those photos of the white euro SWings, very corporate or Star Wars Stormtrooper looking, very sharp!

The only addition I did to this bike at this point is added 2 USB power hub on top of the left brake well that already had a RAM cover installed on it that holds my iPhone.
Back to top Go down
dalehazelton
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
dalehazelton

Number of posts : 80
Registration date : 2015-08-18

New Forum Photo Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Forum Photo   New Forum Photo I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 05, 2016 3:11 pm

I thought 'Reflex' when I saw that. As an FYI, whenever I go to a hot rod show in the summer the cars that are covered with flies are yellow. I like the neutral colors as I wear Hi Viz clothes and think I stand out more. Resale is also better if left original (IF you ever sell).
Back to top Go down
Gustafa
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
Gustafa

New Forum Photo Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Forum Photo   New Forum Photo I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 05, 2016 3:28 pm

dalehazelton wrote:
I thought 'Reflex' when I saw that. As an FYI, whenever I go to a hot rod show in the summer the cars that are covered with flies are yellow. I like the neutral colors as I wear Hi Viz clothes and think I stand out more. Resale is also better if left original (IF you ever sell).

I bought it this way, I got a pretty sweet deal and all the extra upgrades that she came with almost out pace what the cost was. I have slowly begun collecting to go to pass up deals on tupperware off the bay, I'll eventually have a full swap out set for my tastes LOL
Back to top Go down
dalehazelton
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
dalehazelton

New Forum Photo Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Forum Photo   New Forum Photo I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 05, 2016 4:40 pm

It certainly has some nice luggage and seating! Why don't you paint it one more time instead of swapping plastic?

Honda seems to have walked away from that color, Goldwings were that color as well. Color is one of those things that trends brighter from time to time.
Back to top Go down
Gustafa
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
Gustafa

New Forum Photo Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Forum Photo   New Forum Photo I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 05, 2016 4:50 pm

dalehazelton wrote:
It certainly has some nice luggage and seating! Why don't you paint it one more time instead of swapping plastic?

Honda seems to have walked away from that color, Goldwings were that color as well. Color is one of those things that trends brighter from time to time.

Dale,

It would cost me more to have this color media blasted down and repainted and Im in zero rush as I like it. So if it takes me a few years to stock up on new plastic, thats alright, its a non-important thing at this point, was just something I was talking about.

I am at some point going to replace the trunk with a Givi and a backrest, maybe have a custom mod made with armrests for my wife, etc.

Youre right, colors do trend and with this one, I will ride it into the ground and then by a later model as a replacement and keep this one for parts.
Back to top Go down
DerrillW
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
DerrillW

Number of posts : 90
Registration date : 2013-09-28

New Forum Photo Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Forum Photo   New Forum Photo I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 05, 2016 5:28 pm

"You're right, colors do trend and with this one, I will ride it into the ground and then by a later model as a replacement and keep this one for parts."

Based on a rather large body of evidence, 'riding it into the ground' may take a while but it will be a pleasing experience!

Happy Trails!
Back to top Go down
Gustafa
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
Gustafa

New Forum Photo Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Forum Photo   New Forum Photo I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 05, 2016 5:35 pm

DerrillW wrote:
"You're right, colors do trend and with this one, I will ride it into the ground and then by a later model as a replacement and keep this one for parts."

Based on a rather large body of evidence, 'riding it into the ground' may take a while but it will be a pleasing experience!

Happy Trails!

Derrill, thats my hope! LOL
Back to top Go down
Greysilver
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider
Greysilver

Number of posts : 494
Registration date : 2014-04-08

New Forum Photo Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Forum Photo   New Forum Photo I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 05, 2016 5:43 pm

I like the color, black isn't much as a safety color, yellow, is. Maybe I should paint yellow slashes?
Bumblebee lives!
Back to top Go down
dalehazelton
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
dalehazelton

New Forum Photo Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Forum Photo   New Forum Photo I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 05, 2016 6:17 pm

As far as riding it into the ground, I still frequent BurgmanUSA and probably a quarter of the talk is about failed transmissions. Glad I have a SW now. But I really miss the electric windscreen and power mirrors.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

New Forum Photo Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Forum Photo   New Forum Photo I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Forum Photo
Page 1 of 1