Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» New member from Europe
Just joined the forum I_icon_minitimeby steve_h80 Today at 4:47 am

» New Silverwing owner, thoughts and questions
Just joined the forum I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Yesterday at 4:25 pm

» Will my 2002 Silverwing 600 fit in the bed of my F150 Ford with Tailgat up or down?
Just joined the forum I_icon_minitimeby tedebr Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:56 pm

» Is this a good price for a Silverwing 2006
Just joined the forum I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Tue Mar 26, 2024 1:19 pm

» What were they thinking?
Just joined the forum I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:57 am

» Hello everyone
Just joined the forum I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:54 am

» Sidelight Bulbs
Just joined the forum I_icon_minitimeby Green7 Mon Mar 25, 2024 5:25 pm

» Voyager trike kit forsale
Just joined the forum I_icon_minitimeby Mkdelay12@gmail.com Sun Mar 24, 2024 7:41 pm

» tiny oil leak
Just joined the forum I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Sun Mar 24, 2024 1:41 pm

» Low charging
Just joined the forum I_icon_minitimeby yammer Sat Mar 23, 2024 1:49 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Just joined the forum

Go down 
+13
MikeO
The Bern
Bash On!
Meldrew
Tommo
Gustafa
gremlin
oldgwingguy
PeterC
AldusFran
Dale N.
NWSSC
Guardian380
17 posters
AuthorMessage
Guardian380
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2015-11-17

Just joined the forum Empty
PostSubject: Just joined the forum   Just joined the forum I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 17, 2015 5:05 pm

Have not purchased a silver wing yet, but plan on getting one in the very near future. I have two neighbors that have silver wings and one let me drive his a couple of weeks ago. Fell in love with it. I currently have a 2009 Harley 1200 custom sportster and looking to "upgrade" to the silver wing. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
Back to top Go down
NWSSC
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider
NWSSC

Number of posts : 418
Registration date : 2010-03-03

PostSubject: Just joined the forum Today    Just joined the forum I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 17, 2015 7:52 pm

Welcome to the forum Guardian.Rode with a number you Big Bore Guys on our way up Pikes Peak. IN fact more Harley's than anything else on our way out and up there. I'm sure you will enjoy your S/W
as soon as you find one. A lot of good tips here from a lot of knowledgeable people. Should be a big help in finding the right S/W. Howard
Back to top Go down
http://www.northwestsuburbanscooterclub.com/
Dale N.
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Dale N.

Number of posts : 1981
Registration date : 2014-02-13

PostSubject: Re: Just joined the forum   Just joined the forum I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 18, 2015 7:59 am

Welcome to the best SWing site on the web Guardian380! Lots of friendly people here with lots of information and willing help.

I don't know if there's a "bad" SWing. I have had my 08 for two seasons now and love it. It needed a bit of TLC, from sitting under a tarp for two years, when I bought it. But now it's running great and I ride it every decent day. I get around 50 mpg with it. I also purchased a Battery Tender Lithium Ion battery for it this spring and that has been working great also.
Back to top Go down
AldusFran
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 201
Registration date : 2015-06-13

PostSubject: Re: Just joined the forum   Just joined the forum I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 18, 2015 8:40 am

Welcome Guardian. You've come to the right place for info on the Silverwing. I'm on my second Silverwing; first one bought with 3200 miles and sold it with 26,000 trouble free miles. My second one bought with 28,000 miles and after cleaning filter, new rear tire and plugs change it runs great and gets 60+ mpg. Good luck on your future Swing....Al
Back to top Go down
PeterC
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
PeterC

Number of posts : 90
Registration date : 2015-11-16

PostSubject: Re: Just joined the forum   Just joined the forum I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 18, 2015 5:31 pm

Hi Guardian and welcome from another Newbie. I've an '06 with just over 30K kms on it in Oz. I'll be interested to see how you make the transition from a Harley to a SW. The best novice advice you'll get is to take the globe out of your seat compartment light to avoid flattening your battery when the seat doesn't quite latch shut. ;-)
Back to top Go down
oldgwingguy
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 247
Registration date : 2015-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Just joined the forum   Just joined the forum I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 18, 2015 8:03 pm

Welcome from a former G'Wing owner, lovin the S'Wing.
Back to top Go down
gremlin
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
gremlin

Number of posts : 227
Registration date : 2015-04-09

PostSubject: Re: Just joined the forum   Just joined the forum I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 19, 2015 2:04 am

hi Guardian380, good to have you on the forum.  There is lots of information if you use the search facility.
I think the great thing about the silverwing is that it already is a very good, fast and comfortable machine, you can ride it as it is or you can customize it in many ways; it is entirely up to you.  Because I don't ride mine in extreme weather conditions and hardly at night I have kept it pretty much as it is ( + Givi windscreen & box) and I am very happy with it. A lot of other members have customized their machines with great attention to details and with great results to suit their needs or inclination. Either way, you got something to look forward to!
Back to top Go down
Gustafa
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
Gustafa

Number of posts : 218
Registration date : 2015-10-10

PostSubject: Re: Just joined the forum   Just joined the forum I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 19, 2015 9:36 am

Welcome Guardian, dont delay in getting that Swing, they are addictive!
Back to top Go down
Tommo
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
Tommo

Number of posts : 94
Registration date : 2015-10-01

PostSubject: Re: Just joined the forum   Just joined the forum I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 19, 2015 2:41 pm

Gustafa wrote:

Yes that is so true, I'm having withdrawal symptoms because weather is so crap over here and I can't get out on mine.

Welcome Guardian.
Back to top Go down
Meldrew
Visiting Curmudgeon
Meldrew

Number of posts : 4170
Registration date : 2010-11-16

PostSubject: Re: Just joined the forum   Just joined the forum I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 19, 2015 3:57 pm

You'll get over it, the weathers generally crap here too and there's a lot of flooding. I've had my Silver Wing five years now, but I don't love it, cherish it, want to ride the wheels off it or any of that nonsense, after 19 years on them it's just another maxi scooter.

I'll ride it in crap weather because I have the right gear, I'll grudgingly clean mud, road crap, and salt off it during the winter months because the alternative is rust and corrosion. It's sitting in my garage right now connected up to my Optimate and with an old duvet cover thrown over it.

When I get the urge I'll suit up in winter mode and go out for pie and mash, a salt beef sandwich or whatever, maybe drag old Brubaker along too. Then it's back home, give the Silver Wing a good clean and dry, push it back into the garage, connect it up to the Optimate, and sling the duvet cover over it until I fancy another ride.

The days are too short at the moment to do much else, happily the Silver Wing is a lot easier to clean than the lardass dirt trap that was the 650 Burgman.

Last edited by Meldrew on Thu Nov 19, 2015 5:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Bash On!
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 252
Registration date : 2015-08-24

PostSubject: Re: Just joined the forum   Just joined the forum I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 19, 2015 5:13 pm

Meldrew wrote:
... I've had my Silver Wing five years now, but I don't love it, cherish it, want to ride the wheels of it or any of that nonsense, after 19 years on them it's just another maxi scooter. ...

Well put, Meldrew. I don't have warm, fuzzy feelings about mine, either. It's just a transportation appliance--nothing more, nothing less. Don't wash my bikes but every year or so, but we don't get salt on the roads and if it's raining more than a shower, I just take the car.
Back to top Go down
The Bern
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
The Bern

Number of posts : 897
Registration date : 2014-11-20

PostSubject: Re: Just joined the forum   Just joined the forum I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 20, 2015 2:07 pm

Smile Hello & Welcome Smile

Bash On! wrote:
Meldrew wrote:
... I've had my Silver Wing five years now, but I don't love it, cherish it, want to ride the wheels of it or any of that nonsense, after 19 years on them it's just another maxi scooter. ...

Well put, Meldrew.  I don't have warm, fuzzy feelings about mine, either.  It's just a transportation appliance--nothing more, nothing less.  Don't wash my bikes but every year or so, but we don't get salt on the roads and if it's raining more than a shower, I just take the car.

I will make up the trio regarding the above mentioned points, however if Meldrew thinks his is unloved I dread to think how he views mine :lol!: I decided long ago lifes to short for polishing & preening Rolling Eyes BUT I did get some touch up paint from 'tinternet" & WILL have a go at tidying it up a bit when a bit of time becomes available Wink
Back to top Go down
MikeO
Site Admin
MikeO

Number of posts : 3783
Registration date : 2009-06-29

PostSubject: Re: Just joined the forum   Just joined the forum I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 20, 2015 3:10 pm

I name all my vehicles - always have - including my bicycles.

I'm thinking of changing the name of my Silverwing to 'Pequod'.

Fans of Herman Melville will know the prophesy in 'Moby Dick': "The day the masts of the ship sprout green, Ahab will go to his grave" and to what the 'green' refers. Wink

Back to top Go down
Winger61
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider
Winger61

Number of posts : 452
Registration date : 2010-10-15

PostSubject: Re: Just joined the forum   Just joined the forum I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 20, 2015 4:19 pm

MikeO wrote:

I'm thinking of changing the name of my Silverwing to 'Pequod'
That was one of the names suggested for the company that became Starbucks.

"Just going to Pequod's for a latte"............doesn't sound right somehow!
Back to top Go down
Bash On!
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 252
Registration date : 2015-08-24

PostSubject: Re: Just joined the forum   Just joined the forum I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 20, 2015 4:28 pm

MikeO wrote:
I name all my vehicles - always have - including my bicycles.

Used to name all my vehicles after the first girlfriend that rode in/on each one.  Stopped doing that when I got married ... Wink
Back to top Go down
Greysilver
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider
Greysilver

Number of posts : 494
Registration date : 2014-04-08

PostSubject: Re: Just joined the forum   Just joined the forum I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 20, 2015 9:46 pm

Welcome to the site from Arizona. ⭐
Back to top Go down
Tone
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
Tone

Number of posts : 60
Registration date : 2014-11-20

PostSubject: Re: Just joined the forum   Just joined the forum I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 21, 2015 3:12 am

Hi Guardian, welcome from the ' heart of England'!
Back to top Go down
Old Limey
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
Old Limey

Number of posts : 921
Registration date : 2010-06-09

PostSubject: Re: Just joined the forum   Just joined the forum I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 21, 2015 6:05 am

Tommo wrote:
Gustafa wrote:

Yes that is so true, I'm having withdrawal symptoms because weather is so crap over here and I can't get out on mine.

Welcome Guardian.
I got out on Wednesday for my 80ml round trip to Southport. A bit windy and a few showers,but, enjoyed it all the same. When I got home the weather people said we had 70ml an hour winds I would think that was right.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Just joined the forum   Just joined the forum I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Just joined the forum
Page 1 of 1