Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Rear shock longevity
Just wanted to say hi. [new member] I_icon_minitimeby dovahkiin Today at 10:55 pm

» Latest Observations On My New To Me 2004 SW
Just wanted to say hi. [new member] I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Today at 7:40 am

» What did you do to your SW today.
Just wanted to say hi. [new member] I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Tue Apr 16, 2024 4:26 pm

» YSS rear shocks
Just wanted to say hi. [new member] I_icon_minitimeby StuartBrown Tue Apr 16, 2024 1:36 pm

» New to Me Swing
Just wanted to say hi. [new member] I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Mon Apr 15, 2024 10:06 pm

» SOLD 2004 Honda Silver Wing for sale, tastefully modded SOLD
Just wanted to say hi. [new member] I_icon_minitimeby Rzor93 Sun Apr 14, 2024 2:29 pm

» peace, love and life
Just wanted to say hi. [new member] I_icon_minitimeby cello33 Fri Apr 12, 2024 6:35 pm

» Fork specs, please help before 9/4/2024
Just wanted to say hi. [new member] I_icon_minitimeby Anders L Thu Apr 11, 2024 9:58 am

» Forgive My Rookie Questions
Just wanted to say hi. [new member] I_icon_minitimeby AldusFran Wed Apr 10, 2024 2:16 pm

» Greetings From 'Phoenix'
Just wanted to say hi. [new member] I_icon_minitimeby AldusFran Wed Apr 10, 2024 2:07 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Just wanted to say hi. [new member]

Go down 
+4
roders
model28a
"Hi Yo"
flanman
8 posters
AuthorMessage
flanman
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2015-07-18

Just wanted to say hi. [new member] Empty
PostSubject: Just wanted to say hi. [new member]   Just wanted to say hi. [new member] I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 18, 2015 7:50 pm

I just bought a 2008 honda silverwing with only 3000 miles on it. I plan on doing a lot of miles on it. Just wondering if there is any silverwing groups around kansas city missouri. Well got to go ride
Back to top Go down
"Hi Yo"
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Just wanted to say hi. [new member] 510-80

Number of posts : 2940
Registration date : 2010-02-17

PostSubject: Re: Just wanted to say hi. [new member]   Just wanted to say hi. [new member] I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 18, 2015 8:05 pm

cheers    welcome     cheers  

From other posts like this, it is hard to find scooter specific groups. People usually find groups of riders they like who allow scooters. They are usually more broken down by size and performance than by brand. Even Harley riders tolerate Silver Wings until their "real motorcycles" can't keep up with granpa on his scooter.  Laughing

I would enter a search on Yahoo for scooter groups in the Kansas City area and look for a meet up that appeals to you.

Personally, I don't want to be a member of a group whose standards would allow me membership. Sad
Back to top Go down
model28a
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
model28a

Number of posts : 2085
Registration date : 2010-02-03

PostSubject: Re: Just wanted to say hi. [new member]   Just wanted to say hi. [new member] I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 18, 2015 9:03 pm

welcome flanman welcome to the forum. Is your Silverwing your first scooter or bike? It sounds like you found a good one. You can search[url= http://www.meetup.com/]MEETUP.COM HERE [/url] for a group close to you.
If you want to learn about the Silverwing you'll find you can do anything you need or want with the service manual and help from this forum.

I add the paragraph below for most new members because there's a lot of information in the links and may save you some work.
Here are some links(3 below in blue)that will help you learn a lot about your Silverwing. If you can't find what you need in the links below the search on this forum works good, and if you still need help just ask and someone will do what they can to answer your questions.

Maintenance, Tips and Hints
Maintenance "Pictorials"
Accessories-Modifications
Back to top Go down
roders
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 20
Registration date : 2015-05-22

PostSubject: Re: Just wanted to say hi. [new member]   Just wanted to say hi. [new member] I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 18, 2015 9:06 pm

welcome
Back to top Go down
Dale N.
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Dale N.

Number of posts : 1982
Registration date : 2014-02-13

PostSubject: Re: Just wanted to say hi. [new member]   Just wanted to say hi. [new member] I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 19, 2015 9:23 am

Welcome to this site flanman. It's the best SWing site on the Net. I also have an 08 SWing and love it.
Back to top Go down
Greysilver
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider
Greysilver

Number of posts : 494
Registration date : 2014-04-08

PostSubject: Re: Just wanted to say hi. [new member]   Just wanted to say hi. [new member] I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 21, 2015 6:36 pm

Welcome to the site. Smile
Back to top Go down
exavid
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 2658
Registration date : 2009-07-17

PostSubject: Re: Just wanted to say hi. [new member]   Just wanted to say hi. [new member] I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 22, 2015 12:01 am

Welcome flanman. Love the stuff especially with whipped cream.
Back to top Go down
Cookie
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
Cookie

Number of posts : 233
Registration date : 2011-10-03

PostSubject: Re: Just wanted to say hi. [new member]   Just wanted to say hi. [new member] I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 22, 2015 6:16 am

Welcome Flanman. Sounds like a great bike you've got there - just nicely run in and ready for lots and lots of great miles. Hope you like it as much as I like mine.
Take care out there.
Cookie
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Just wanted to say hi. [new member]   Just wanted to say hi. [new member] I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Just wanted to say hi. [new member]
Page 1 of 1