Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» New member from Europe
Hello fromn Weeki Wachee florida I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Today at 1:54 pm

» New Silverwing owner, thoughts and questions
Hello fromn Weeki Wachee florida I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Yesterday at 4:25 pm

» Will my 2002 Silverwing 600 fit in the bed of my F150 Ford with Tailgat up or down?
Hello fromn Weeki Wachee florida I_icon_minitimeby tedebr Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:56 pm

» Is this a good price for a Silverwing 2006
Hello fromn Weeki Wachee florida I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Tue Mar 26, 2024 1:19 pm

» What were they thinking?
Hello fromn Weeki Wachee florida I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:57 am

» Hello everyone
Hello fromn Weeki Wachee florida I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:54 am

» Sidelight Bulbs
Hello fromn Weeki Wachee florida I_icon_minitimeby Green7 Mon Mar 25, 2024 5:25 pm

» Voyager trike kit forsale
Hello fromn Weeki Wachee florida I_icon_minitimeby Mkdelay12@gmail.com Sun Mar 24, 2024 7:41 pm

» tiny oil leak
Hello fromn Weeki Wachee florida I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Sun Mar 24, 2024 1:41 pm

» Low charging
Hello fromn Weeki Wachee florida I_icon_minitimeby yammer Sat Mar 23, 2024 1:49 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Hello fromn Weeki Wachee florida

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
trikeboy
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2015-05-28

Hello fromn Weeki Wachee florida Empty
PostSubject: Hello fromn Weeki Wachee florida   Hello fromn Weeki Wachee florida I_icon_minitimeThu May 28, 2015 6:13 pm

Want to say hi from the beautiful state of Florida. Have graduated from Harleys, and as I am 67 years old, I now ride a burgundy 2004 wing, with 24k on it. With the larger windshield, top case and recent Voyager trike kit installed, I am having the time of my life in retirement. Enjoy the conversations on this forum and look forward to learning more about my Wing.
Back to top Go down
model28a
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
model28a

Number of posts : 2085
Registration date : 2010-02-03

PostSubject: Re: Hello fromn Weeki Wachee florida   Hello fromn Weeki Wachee florida I_icon_minitimeThu May 28, 2015 7:45 pm

welcome trikeboy welcome to the best Silverwing forum on the web from just down the road from you. There's a lot of nice roads to ride up by you, the local group I ride with come up that way sometimes. Saturday we're going to ride up around Floral City. Too bad Sleepy Hollow closed down, we (the group I ride with) still call the ride to Floral City a ride to Sleepy Hollow when we list the ride on the website.

If you are looking forward to learning and plan on doing your own maintenance you'll find you can do anything you need or want with the service manual and help from this forum.
I add the paragraph below for most new members because there's a lot of information in the links and may save you some work.
Here are some links(3 below in blue)that will help you learn a lot about your Silverwing. If you can't find what you need in the links below the search on this forum works good, and if you still need help just ask and someone will do what they can to answer your questions.

Maintenance, Tips and Hints
Maintenance "Pictorials"
Accessories-Modifications
Back to top Go down
"Hi Yo"
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Hello fromn Weeki Wachee florida 510-80

Number of posts : 2940
Registration date : 2010-02-17

PostSubject: Re: Hello fromn Weeki Wachee florida   Hello fromn Weeki Wachee florida I_icon_minitimeThu May 28, 2015 8:23 pm

Welcome to the forum trikeboy. We have several trike riders on this forum.  Enjoy the ride. welcome
Back to top Go down
rjdoles
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
rjdoles

Number of posts : 140
Registration date : 2012-09-24

PostSubject: Re: Hello fromn Weeki Wachee florida   Hello fromn Weeki Wachee florida I_icon_minitimeFri May 29, 2015 8:31 am

Welcome Trikeboy.
I am also 67 and I retired in 2009. I don't know where I found the time to work.

We got started with scooters when my wife sat on my Shadow and said that she thought that she might like to learn how to ride a motorcycle. We signed her up for a motorcycle safety course but there was a 6 week wait list. She asked me to find her something cheap to practice on just in case she dropped it. I found a serviceable 84 Elite 125.

She had never ridden any type of 2 wheeler with a motor before. She got her Ohio temps and then spent a couple weeks riding the Elite around in the yard just to learn the controls. The next couple of weeks she rode it around the neighborhood.

Her safety class was at the local Harley dealership. They used Buell Blast bikes for the students. After the first day on the Buell which was all start, shift, stop. She said that her clutch hand started cramping and wondered why anyone would want to ride a motorcycle when they could ride a scooter and just "twist and go". She passed the safety test and they issued her a motorcycle endorsement.

Soon after she got her license, we bought her a Honda Reflex 250. For her, it was the cat's wiskers. I rode her Reflex more and more and the Shadow less and less. I eventually sold the Shadow and bought a Yamaha Majesty 400. We got the Cardo headset so we could communicate while riding. Life was good. We would go for rides within 100 miles of Columbus on the scooters. We would often trade scooters so she could experience another scooter.

A couple of years ago, we were out for a ride, we were going to make a left turn at he next county road which was a two way stop intersection. She was on the Majesty and was leading. We both had our turn signals on. An Odyssey van came up behind us and attempted to pass us in the intersection and hit her broadside. She got broken ribs and collarbone and the Majesty was totaled. We were very lucky that is all that happened.

That fall, I bought the Silverwing and it took a little getting used to. I have been satisfied with it and I am sure that you will be happy with yours.

Good luck with your ride.
Back to top Go down
Dale N.
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Dale N.

Number of posts : 1981
Registration date : 2014-02-13

PostSubject: Re: Hello fromn Weeki Wachee florida   Hello fromn Weeki Wachee florida I_icon_minitimeFri May 29, 2015 11:29 pm

Welcome Trikeboy to the Best SWing site on the Net. There are lots of friendly people here with plenty of knowledge to help with just about any project you might want to do with your SWing.

rjdoles, How did your wife come out after the accident? Is she back in the saddle, so to speak? Or did she give up on two wheels all together? Accidents on two wheels suck! But inattentive 4 wheel drivers suck even worse. We have plenty in MN also.
Back to top Go down
rjdoles
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
rjdoles

Number of posts : 140
Registration date : 2012-09-24

PostSubject: Re: Hello fromn Weeki Wachee florida   Hello fromn Weeki Wachee florida I_icon_minitimeSat May 30, 2015 9:00 am

dale n, my wife recovered pretty well from the broken bones and concussion. She ended up having to have surgery for a torn rotator cuff that didn't show up until the collarbone and ribs healed. Yes, she and I still go out for rides on our scooters.

After the accident, she asked "Did I do anything wrong that contributed to the accident?" I told her that she was a safe rider and she had always been pretty vigilant about any dangers in front of her.  

She said that as she began making the left turn and crossed over the centerline, her attention shifted to checking for gravel in the intersection. She was not expecting to get hit from behind. I don't know how you defend yourself against someone who is going to "take a chance" and pass you in an intersection when you have your turn signals on. I was following her and it happened so fast that I didn't have time to even yell a warning. The posted speed limit was 50 and the van was accellerating as it rushed by me and struck her. She is very very lucky that the van only struck the front half of the scooter that was across the centerline.

The lady driving the van was asian and was not real fluent in English. She had six high school kids in the car. She was taking them someplace on a field trip. She was not familiar with the area or the intersection. With six kids, I am sure that there was probably mayhem going on in the van to distract her. She said that she saw the turn signals and she said that she didn't think that we were going to turn. There was a pickup truck following her and was a witness to the accident. The patrolman said that the driver didn't understand what she did wrong. Maybe the rules of the road are different in Korea. The driver was cited for the accident and her insurance paid all the medical bills.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hello fromn Weeki Wachee florida   Hello fromn Weeki Wachee florida I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hello fromn Weeki Wachee florida
Page 1 of 1