Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Rear shock longevity
Hello from Minnesota I_icon_minitimeby Erdoc48 Today at 9:07 am

» Hi there guys
Hello from Minnesota I_icon_minitimeby Kenjls Today at 7:20 am

» Final Drive Noise banished
Hello from Minnesota I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Today at 7:14 am

» Latest Observations On My New To Me 2004 SW
Hello from Minnesota I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Yesterday at 7:40 am

» What did you do to your SW today.
Hello from Minnesota I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Tue Apr 16, 2024 4:26 pm

» YSS rear shocks for sale
Hello from Minnesota I_icon_minitimeby StuartBrown Tue Apr 16, 2024 1:36 pm

» New to Me Swing
Hello from Minnesota I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Mon Apr 15, 2024 10:06 pm

» SOLD 2004 Honda Silver Wing for sale, tastefully modded SOLD
Hello from Minnesota I_icon_minitimeby Rzor93 Sun Apr 14, 2024 2:29 pm

» peace, love and life
Hello from Minnesota I_icon_minitimeby cello33 Fri Apr 12, 2024 6:35 pm

» Fork specs, please help before 9/4/2024
Hello from Minnesota I_icon_minitimeby Anders L Thu Apr 11, 2024 9:58 am

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Hello from Minnesota

Go down 
+2
Dale N.
Roosterado9
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Roosterado9
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
Roosterado9

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2015-05-09

Hello from Minnesota Empty
PostSubject: Hello from Minnesota   Hello from Minnesota I_icon_minitimeSat May 09, 2015 10:00 am

Hello  I am 59 Due to Financial issue have not had a bike or Car for 10 yrs. First Bile was a Bridgstone 90 at age 15. Then a Yamaha 100 Dirt Bike. At 19 I bought a New Yamaha 650 I rode for 2 seasons. A long Break from Cycling then got back in at age 45. 85 CB 650-then a used Virago 920 Midnite Special and then a New Kawasaki 750 cc Sport Bike I rode 2 seasons.  10 year break and now  semi retired and need a Hobby. So I became interesting Cycling again recently. Had my Heart set on a Cruiser-750-900cc,8=9 yrs old low miles[for my budget] Have a Line on a 2002 Honda Magma with 10000 miles at a good price from a friend. It has 10 more HP then my old  75hp Sportbike and weight 100 lbs more. Here is  the deal,I tended to ride the Sport Bike in a risky manor and the Magma has the same acceleration, so I became interested in Maxi Scooter for that reason and others. I lurked on this forum for 2 day and really like what I see.
Back to top Go down
Dale N.
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Dale N.

Number of posts : 1982
Registration date : 2014-02-13

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Minnesota   Hello from Minnesota I_icon_minitimeSat May 09, 2015 10:15 am

Welcome to this site Roosterado9. This is the best SWing site on the Net with lots of info and people ready and willing to help.

I've had my 08 SWing for just over a year now and love it. It has no problems with 2 lane back roads or interstate riding. It will handle both without breathing hard. I belong to a group called Dry Riders. My chapter is in Elk River and we meet every 2nd Monday at Denny's in Elk River at around 6 pm. Our premise is NO drinking 24 hours before a ride or get together, or during a ride or get together. The first couple of rides this summer surprised some of the other members who own "real" motorcycles. My SWing kept right up with them on both acceleration and highway speeds. We did a 250 mile round trip run a couple of Saturdays ago to Henderson, MN for Ice Cream. And YES, it was good Ice Cream. LOL

Quick question: Where abouts in MN do you live?
Back to top Go down
Roosterado9
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
Roosterado9

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Minnesota   Hello from Minnesota I_icon_minitimeSat May 09, 2015 11:15 am

Hello Dale I am a Life long resident of Willmar Mn. I do not plan on buying a Maxi Scooter until late summer to late fall. I am trying the learn the advantages of the later yr upgrades such as ABS.I would like to if they are worth the increased cost. Also the best mileage, year vs value.
Back to top Go down
DanB
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
DanB

Number of posts : 174
Registration date : 2013-09-02

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Minnesota   Hello from Minnesota I_icon_minitimeSat May 09, 2015 11:47 am

Howdy Rooster and I know what you mean about parting with fast motorcycles and riding something more sane. I've got a 919 that can do the quarter mile in less than 11 sec. at 125mph and this isn't even a crotch rocket. Those bikes are insanely even faster. In a matter of seconds I can easily get to 150mph (which I've never done but I have seen 135). I figured this bike, though a real hoot to ride will become a widow maker as I love to ride it fast. The SW has enough zip to it to keep me happy and perhaps in the saddle a little longer.
Back to top Go down
RobWarren
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2015-05-08

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Minnesota   Hello from Minnesota I_icon_minitimeSat May 09, 2015 12:22 pm

And whose back, hips, knees can deal with the insane racing geometry of sport bikes these days??? no thanks. I'm done with aching, I want storage and refinement with my lean angle and wind in my face. : )
Back to top Go down
"Hi Yo"
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Hello from Minnesota 510-80

Number of posts : 2940
Registration date : 2010-02-17

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Minnesota   Hello from Minnesota I_icon_minitimeSat May 09, 2015 2:32 pm

welcome
Back to top Go down
Dale N.
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Dale N.

Number of posts : 1982
Registration date : 2014-02-13

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Minnesota   Hello from Minnesota I_icon_minitimeSat May 09, 2015 3:43 pm

Hi Rooster, I used to deliver to the Cub Foods store in Willmar before I retired from SuperValu in Hopkins.

As far as ABS goes, this is the first bike I've ever had with it. I've never gotten to the point of the ABS kicking in but it's good to have if you are on wet roads or need to do a panic stop. I get 50 mpg with my 08 SWing, give or take one or two mpg, depending on how I ride it. If I "baby" it I get around 52ish and when I do a lot of highway/Interstate riding it drops down to around 48 or so. It also has plenty of get up and go and is comfortable to ride. Plenty of under the seat storage plus I have a Givi top box which adds a bit more.

It is good to shop around to get the best deal on the best bike but I don't think you'll be disappointed with the SWing. Just my opinion. Let us know what you get when you get it.

Have a great day!
Back to top Go down
Roosterado9
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
Roosterado9

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Minnesota   Hello from Minnesota I_icon_minitimeSat May 09, 2015 6:49 pm

Thanks for the Welcomes everybody, When I first started researching Maxi Scooters I was drawn to the Suzuki by 1 positive review in a Motorcycle Magazine. But I found another review that highlight poor handing on curves. In the past I have used forums for info on specific car model and starting 1 yr ago Electronic Cigarettes, forum are great for educating oneself.
DanB I would probably have a chance to buy a 2002 Honda 750 Magma with 8000 miles from a friend at a good price. But it is 85 HP and about 560 lbs. I just see myself passing cars at 90 mph in a 55 speed limit again as with my sportbike. At 59 time it to mellow out and I as no longer am concerned about what other people think about what I ride, the ton of storage is very appealing.
Back to top Go down
model28a
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
model28a

Number of posts : 2085
Registration date : 2010-02-03

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Minnesota   Hello from Minnesota I_icon_minitimeSun May 10, 2015 12:55 am

welcome Roosterado9 welcome to the forum.

Here are some links(3 below in blue)that will help you learn a lot about the Silverwing. If you can't find what you need in the links below the search on this forum works good, and if you still need help just ask and someone will do what they can to answer your questions.

Maintenance, Tips and Hints
Maintenance "Pictorials"
Accessories-Modifications
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Minnesota   Hello from Minnesota I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hello from Minnesota
Page 1 of 1