Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Rear shock longevity
Hello from Orange County,  California  I_icon_minitimeby Erdoc48 Today at 3:07 pm

» Hi there guys
Hello from Orange County,  California  I_icon_minitimeby Kenjls Today at 1:20 pm

» Final Drive Noise banished
Hello from Orange County,  California  I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Today at 1:14 pm

» Latest Observations On My New To Me 2004 SW
Hello from Orange County,  California  I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Yesterday at 1:40 pm

» What did you do to your SW today.
Hello from Orange County,  California  I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Tue Apr 16, 2024 10:26 pm

» YSS rear shocks for sale
Hello from Orange County,  California  I_icon_minitimeby StuartBrown Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:36 pm

» New to Me Swing
Hello from Orange County,  California  I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Tue Apr 16, 2024 4:06 am

» SOLD 2004 Honda Silver Wing for sale, tastefully modded SOLD
Hello from Orange County,  California  I_icon_minitimeby Rzor93 Sun Apr 14, 2024 8:29 pm

» peace, love and life
Hello from Orange County,  California  I_icon_minitimeby cello33 Sat Apr 13, 2024 12:35 am

» Fork specs, please help before 9/4/2024
Hello from Orange County,  California  I_icon_minitimeby Anders L Thu Apr 11, 2024 3:58 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Hello from Orange County, California

Go down 
+3
Dale N.
exavid
RobWarren
7 posters
AuthorMessage
RobWarren
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2015-05-09

Hello from Orange County,  California  Empty
PostSubject: Hello from Orange County, California    Hello from Orange County,  California  I_icon_minitimeSat May 09, 2015 5:37 am

Hey everyone. Today, I'm the proud owner of a new 2013 Silver Wing. I'm excited there is an online community! I've owned a bunch of motorcycles in the past. My most recent was a Harley Electraglide. I've previously had a BMW R1200RT and K1200R. The wing is my first Honda and first scooter. I'll be using her as mostly a commuter vehicle, to save some gas and have some fun. I look forward to learning from you all. -Rob.
Back to top Go down
exavid
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 2658
Registration date : 2009-07-18

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Orange County, California    Hello from Orange County,  California  I_icon_minitimeSat May 09, 2015 7:34 am

Welcome to the best Silverwing forum on the web RobWarren. I think you'll surely have fun with your new acquisition. The SW is a great little scoot with a lot of performance on 600cc. Lots of us have arrived here from larger bikes. I've owned four Goldwings over several years plus I just sold my show quality BMW K1100LT to become a full time scooterboy! No macho for me, I'm secure in my manhood, don't need a Harley. Anyway, welcome and keep us posted on how your 2013 SW works out for your.
Back to top Go down
Dale N.
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Dale N.

Number of posts : 1982
Registration date : 2014-02-14

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Orange County, California    Hello from Orange County,  California  I_icon_minitimeSat May 09, 2015 8:54 am

Welcome RobWarren, This is by far the best SWing site on the Net. Lots of info and people ready and willing to share their knowledge. The SWing will surprise you in it's power and speed. It will do Interstate speeds without breathing hard and will do it all day. Or at least until you have to fill up...
Back to top Go down
"Hi Yo"
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Hello from Orange County,  California  510-80

Number of posts : 2940
Registration date : 2010-02-17

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Orange County, California    Hello from Orange County,  California  I_icon_minitimeSat May 09, 2015 11:39 am

sunny sunny welcome sunny sunny
Back to top Go down
RobWarren
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Orange County, California    Hello from Orange County,  California  I_icon_minitimeSat May 09, 2015 6:25 pm

Thank you all. Day two with my swing... I had some buyers remorse last night but a quick ride this morning cured that. I'm not self actualized enough to not worry about the abuse ill take from the people at work haha I think some "skull" decals will help haha.
Back to top Go down
Dale N.
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Dale N.

Number of posts : 1982
Registration date : 2014-02-14

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Orange County, California    Hello from Orange County,  California  I_icon_minitimeSat May 09, 2015 9:54 pm

Hi Rob, I belong to the Dry Riders MC Club here in MN. Their premise is NO drinking 24 hours before a ride or get together or during. My chapter is out of Elk River, MN and most of them have "real" motorcycles, and even some Harleys, LOL. They did kind of look at it funny until we went on our first couple of rides. I think the get up and go and highway speeds surprised them a bit. I was very well able to keep up with them even from stop lights etc. Although, it almost feel like I was shifting due to having to "back off" when they shifted so I wouldn't run over them. The other nice thing too is not having to worry about killing it at a light or stop sign like one or two of the newer riders in the group did.
Back to top Go down
model28a
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
model28a

Number of posts : 2085
Registration date : 2010-02-04

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Orange County, California    Hello from Orange County,  California  I_icon_minitimeSun May 10, 2015 7:05 am

welcome Rob welcome to the forum. You probably have the same warranty as a new 2015 model would have if we could get a 2015 model. And you probably spent a lot less money than a new 2015 model would cost have if we could get a 2015 model.
If you would like to learn do your own maintenance you'll find you can do anything you need or want with the service manual and help from this forum.
I add the paragraph below for most new members because there's a lot of information in the links and may save you some work.
Here are some links(3 below in blue)that will help you learn a lot about your Silverwing. If you can't find what you need in the links below the search on this forum works good, and if you still need help just ask and someone will do what they can to answer your questions.

Maintenance, Tips and Hints
Maintenance "Pictorials"
Accessories-Modifications

Back to top Go down
RobWarren
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Orange County, California    Hello from Orange County,  California  I_icon_minitimeSun May 10, 2015 5:02 pm

Thanks! Yes, it came with a one year warranty. I'm not very handy, coupled with the fact the dealer is only 2 miles away means I'll likely just pay for service. When is the first oil change due? How many miles will I get out of the tires roughly? My BMW ate tires and clutches for breakfast.
Back to top Go down
Porkie
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
Porkie

Number of posts : 77
Registration date : 2014-12-30

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Orange County, California    Hello from Orange County,  California  I_icon_minitimeSun May 10, 2015 7:50 pm

Welcome to the forum!

I was born not far from you and I used to launch my powerboat from there quite frequently. I worked in Irvine for many years. I really miss the ocean and mountains. I don't miss the horrendous traffic and massive population that for some reason Smile continues to grow exponentially. Lake Irvine via the Ortega hwy and Palomar on to Julian, Henshaw and Idylwild and then back to where I last lived in Hemet, CA was my stomping grounds.

Enjoy the new scoot!

Sam:)
Back to top Go down
http://www.carthageelectronics.com
RobWarren
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Orange County, California    Hello from Orange County,  California  I_icon_minitimeSun May 10, 2015 8:34 pm

Thanks Sam! I plan to do Ortega after some practice. Cornering is different on the swing w/o shifting and w/o a tank. I don't want to be in the way out there... But later this summer for sure.
Back to top Go down
DanB
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
DanB

Number of posts : 174
Registration date : 2013-09-02

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Orange County, California    Hello from Orange County,  California  I_icon_minitimeSun May 10, 2015 8:57 pm

Lived in Huntington Beach from 1968-70 on Main Street at the Avalon Hotel, two blocks from the Coast Highway. Back in those days rode a 65 Honda 305 Scrambler and attended Golden West College. Huntington Beach was only a few Surf Board shops back then and had one restaurant. Went back a few years ago with my wife on our Burgman 400 and OMG has it changed and Newport Beach and Laguna Beach has grown too. Got caught in the late afternoon fog that rolled in and we froze our fannies riding back to San Diego. Had a fun ride up to Julian too. Don't miss the traffic though.
Back to top Go down
RobWarren
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Orange County, California    Hello from Orange County,  California  I_icon_minitimeSun May 10, 2015 9:45 pm

Traffic is the main reason I got the swing. I'm born and raised in HB. Are you still in Diego? I'm planning a road trip to petco in the fall, catch a Padres game with some cousins. I also want to drop in on the new Ducks hockey franchise, the Gulls when minor league hockey gets moving again.
Back to top Go down
DanB
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
DanB

Number of posts : 174
Registration date : 2013-09-02

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Orange County, California    Hello from Orange County,  California  I_icon_minitimeTue May 12, 2015 3:07 am

Don't live in SD but my son does as I live in Texas. No way would I ever want to live in so much traffic again.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Orange County, California    Hello from Orange County,  California  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hello from Orange County, California
Page 1 of 1