Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» New member from Europe
Opinions wanted on mixing Dr Pulley sliders. I_icon_minitimeby steve_h80 Today at 4:47 am

» New Silverwing owner, thoughts and questions
Opinions wanted on mixing Dr Pulley sliders. I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Yesterday at 4:25 pm

» Will my 2002 Silverwing 600 fit in the bed of my F150 Ford with Tailgat up or down?
Opinions wanted on mixing Dr Pulley sliders. I_icon_minitimeby tedebr Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:56 pm

» Is this a good price for a Silverwing 2006
Opinions wanted on mixing Dr Pulley sliders. I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Tue Mar 26, 2024 1:19 pm

» What were they thinking?
Opinions wanted on mixing Dr Pulley sliders. I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:57 am

» Hello everyone
Opinions wanted on mixing Dr Pulley sliders. I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:54 am

» Sidelight Bulbs
Opinions wanted on mixing Dr Pulley sliders. I_icon_minitimeby Green7 Mon Mar 25, 2024 5:25 pm

» Voyager trike kit forsale
Opinions wanted on mixing Dr Pulley sliders. I_icon_minitimeby Mkdelay12@gmail.com Sun Mar 24, 2024 7:41 pm

» tiny oil leak
Opinions wanted on mixing Dr Pulley sliders. I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Sun Mar 24, 2024 1:41 pm

» Low charging
Opinions wanted on mixing Dr Pulley sliders. I_icon_minitimeby yammer Sat Mar 23, 2024 1:49 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Opinions wanted on mixing Dr Pulley sliders.

Go down 
+5
SCTLVR
john grinsel
Dale N.
exavid
model28a
9 posters
AuthorMessage
model28a
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
model28a

Number of posts : 2085
Registration date : 2010-02-03

Opinions wanted on mixing Dr Pulley sliders. Empty
PostSubject: Opinions wanted on mixing Dr Pulley sliders.   Opinions wanted on mixing Dr Pulley sliders. I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 12, 2015 9:47 pm

I have two Silverwings that I'm going to put Dr Pulley sliders in. What I'm looking for opinions on is I have one set of 21 gram Dr Pulley sliders. I'm thinking of getting a set of 28 gram Dr Pulley sliders and putting four 21 gram and four 28 gram sliders in each scooter. That way I could utilize the 21 gram sliders that I've already got and save some money too. I feel the 21 gram sliders are just too light to use, so unless I mix them with heavier sliders they are useless.
Anyone have an opinion they would like to share?
Back to top Go down
exavid
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 2658
Registration date : 2009-07-17

PostSubject: Re: Opinions wanted on mixing Dr Pulley sliders.   Opinions wanted on mixing Dr Pulley sliders. I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 12, 2015 10:16 pm

Seems to me that would increase the wear on the heavier rollers since they'd be taking almost all the pressure in the Variator. The lighter ones would indeed move outward but they'd just be going along for the ride. I've never felt mixing different weight rollers would be a good idea for that reason.
Back to top Go down
Dale N.
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Dale N.

Number of posts : 1981
Registration date : 2014-02-13

PostSubject: Re: Opinions wanted on mixing Dr Pulley sliders.   Opinions wanted on mixing Dr Pulley sliders. I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 12, 2015 10:22 pm

Even tho I don't know the answer I agree about not mixing the different weights. It would be advisable to contact Dr. Sliders and ask them.
Back to top Go down
model28a
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
model28a

PostSubject: Re: Opinions wanted on mixing Dr Pulley sliders.   Opinions wanted on mixing Dr Pulley sliders. I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 12, 2015 11:55 pm

I am hoping that some of the forum members that have already mixed different weight sliders will see this post and let me know how things have worked out for them long term. Smile
Back to top Go down
john grinsel
Curmudgeon
john grinsel

Number of posts : 3291
Registration date : 2009-08-18

PostSubject: Re: Opinions wanted on mixing Dr Pulley sliders.   Opinions wanted on mixing Dr Pulley sliders. I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 13, 2015 11:17 am

I think mixing different weights could cause out of balance as things go around?

Stock stuff has worked well for me-----want different performance? get different bike.
Back to top Go down
SCTLVR
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 186
Registration date : 2012-06-27

PostSubject: Re: Opinions wanted on mixing Dr Pulley sliders.   Opinions wanted on mixing Dr Pulley sliders. I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 13, 2015 12:25 pm

Just be certain the low-mass weights are at 180 degrees from each other and you will have no issues.
Mixing weights is very common practice with this type of CVT.
Back to top Go down
JeffR
Site Admin
JeffR

Number of posts : 2596
Registration date : 2008-12-19

PostSubject: Re: Opinions wanted on mixing Dr Pulley sliders.   Opinions wanted on mixing Dr Pulley sliders. I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 13, 2015 3:10 pm

As "SCTLVR" said, if you alternate the weights you will be good to go. So if you are mixing 28gr and 22gr you would have them in this order:

28, 22, 28, 22, 28, 22, 28, 22

This will make the variator balanced.
Back to top Go down
https://www.silverwing600.com
masscoot
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider
masscoot

Number of posts : 438
Registration date : 2009-03-24

PostSubject: Re: Opinions wanted on mixing Dr Pulley sliders.   Opinions wanted on mixing Dr Pulley sliders. I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 14, 2015 2:08 pm

I've have a mixed set (21/28) installed, no balance issues that I have experienced.  I purchased a 28g set in 2009.  They were a great improvement (IMHO) over stock rollers.  Our good friend JeffR had a set of 21g for sale, so I bought them to try.  They were great fun, fast take-offs!  However, I decided to mix them for quicker take-offs with no sacrifice of top end speed.  Yes, I have them in alternating slots 21-28-21 etc.

I clean and inspect the belt/variator regularly and have found no issues.  They really smooth out the 20-40 mph power band.  Note: at 15,000 miles I put in the second of the two sets (21/28g) to see if there was any notable performance difference, what I found was that they were more robust!  Just like a new pair!  Roger, you can utilize them by mixing and get a smoother ride as a bonus!
Back to top Go down
model28a
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
model28a

PostSubject: Re: Opinions wanted on mixing Dr Pulley sliders.   Opinions wanted on mixing Dr Pulley sliders. I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 14, 2015 4:44 pm

Thank you Paul that's the information I was looking for. I knew someone was running that setup but I couldn't remember who. I've been running 26 gram sliders in my first Silverwing for three or four years and I like them alot. I figured since I've already got a set of 21 gram if I mixed them with 28s I'd end up close to what I'm running in my other one, and only need to buy one more set. I guess you could call me cheap. Smile
Back to top Go down
DickO
Founding Member
DickO

Number of posts : 1018
Registration date : 2008-12-23

PostSubject: Re: Opinions wanted on mixing Dr Pulley sliders.   Opinions wanted on mixing Dr Pulley sliders. I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 14, 2015 11:53 pm

"model29a"... I think I'd refer to it as "efficient"... rather than cheap... it's nice to know the info gleaned from those who are " experimenting " for the rest of us.
Back to top Go down
hotwings
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
hotwings

Number of posts : 876
Registration date : 2012-04-29

PostSubject: Re: Opinions wanted on mixing Dr Pulley sliders.   Opinions wanted on mixing Dr Pulley sliders. I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 15, 2015 9:44 am

model28a wrote:
Thank you Paul that's the information I was looking for. I knew someone was running that setup but I couldn't remember who. I've been running 26 gram sliders in my first Silverwing for three or four years and I like them alot. I figured since I've already got a set of 21 gram if I mixed them with 28s I'd end up close to what I'm running in my other one, and only need to buy one more set. I guess you could call me cheap. Smile  
I have zero experience in dr. Pully sliders so enlighten me- you say your wanting 26 gram sliders so your going to buy 28 gram sliders to mix with your 21 grams to get the 26 gram results. Why not buy another set of 26 gram sliders. Does a set not include the eight required rollers or can you buy half sets? Sorry if this sounds stupid! Type slowly- I'm easy to confuse Question
Back to top Go down
JeffR
Site Admin
JeffR

PostSubject: Re: Opinions wanted on mixing Dr Pulley sliders.   Opinions wanted on mixing Dr Pulley sliders. I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 15, 2015 11:43 am

Paul,

I'm glad it worked for you. I liked the 21 grams at first but after awhile I just thought it was running at too high of rpm's at lower speeds. I have to say that they were like the J Costa in terms of acceleration though. I would race mc's off the line and the SWing is very quick with 22 grams.
Back to top Go down
hotwings
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
hotwings

Number of posts : 876
Registration date : 2012-04-29

PostSubject: Re: Opinions wanted on mixing Dr Pulley sliders.   Opinions wanted on mixing Dr Pulley sliders. I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 15, 2015 2:59 pm

Solved it. Sorry didn't read model28a's first post, just his last. I guess the bike with the 26 gram sliders in his last post is no longer in his possession but another has taken its place with the 21 gram sliders. Got it!!!
Back to top Go down
model28a
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
model28a

PostSubject: Re: Opinions wanted on mixing Dr Pulley sliders.   Opinions wanted on mixing Dr Pulley sliders. I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 15, 2015 4:15 pm

hotwings I do still have the Silverwing with the 26 gram sliders(2008 without ABS and 54,300 miles)but it's for sale. I bought a 2007 with ABS(with 7,500 miles) and was going to keep both of them. Then I found a 2008 with ABS with only 51 miles on it at a price I couldn't pass up. That's when I decided to sell the high mileage 08. I mean who needs three Silverwings. Rolling Eyes Razz
Back to top Go down
JeffR
Site Admin
JeffR

PostSubject: Re: Opinions wanted on mixing Dr Pulley sliders.   Opinions wanted on mixing Dr Pulley sliders. I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 15, 2015 8:36 pm

I find that I like to mix my Dr Pulley's with a 'Jack and Coke" or "Screwdriver with GreyGoose".
Back to top Go down
model28a
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
model28a

PostSubject: Re: Opinions wanted on mixing Dr Pulley sliders.   Opinions wanted on mixing Dr Pulley sliders. I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 16, 2015 12:56 am

JeffR wrote:
I find that I like to mix my Dr Pulley's with a 'Jack and Coke" or "Screwdriver with GreyGoose".  
I guess I did ask if anyone had an opinion they would like to share. Razz  And I think you're right a few drinks probably would make the decision easier. Wink But I think I'll use a swizzle stick to mix my drinks, my Dr Pulley's get too sticky when I mix my drinks with them. tongue
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Opinions wanted on mixing Dr Pulley sliders.   Opinions wanted on mixing Dr Pulley sliders. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Opinions wanted on mixing Dr Pulley sliders.
Page 1 of 1