Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» New member from Europe
Hello from Oxford, Ohio I_icon_minitimeby steve_h80 Today at 4:47 am

» New Silverwing owner, thoughts and questions
Hello from Oxford, Ohio I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Yesterday at 4:25 pm

» Will my 2002 Silverwing 600 fit in the bed of my F150 Ford with Tailgat up or down?
Hello from Oxford, Ohio I_icon_minitimeby tedebr Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:56 pm

» Is this a good price for a Silverwing 2006
Hello from Oxford, Ohio I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Tue Mar 26, 2024 1:19 pm

» What were they thinking?
Hello from Oxford, Ohio I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:57 am

» Hello everyone
Hello from Oxford, Ohio I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:54 am

» Sidelight Bulbs
Hello from Oxford, Ohio I_icon_minitimeby Green7 Mon Mar 25, 2024 5:25 pm

» Voyager trike kit forsale
Hello from Oxford, Ohio I_icon_minitimeby Mkdelay12@gmail.com Sun Mar 24, 2024 7:41 pm

» tiny oil leak
Hello from Oxford, Ohio I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Sun Mar 24, 2024 1:41 pm

» Low charging
Hello from Oxford, Ohio I_icon_minitimeby yammer Sat Mar 23, 2024 1:49 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Hello from Oxford, Ohio

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage

Hello from Oxford, Ohio Empty
PostSubject: Hello from Oxford, Ohio   Hello from Oxford, Ohio I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 29, 2008 8:05 am

Greetings I hope you had a great Christmas santa and have a Happy New Year. cheers
I live north of Cincinnati and I'm right on the OH/IN border. I ride with a group on Thursdays in Richmond, IN which is about 30 miles from me.
I treated myself and bought a new Red 09 Silverwing. :D I have had two Helix in a row and an Elite and loved them all. I ride a lot and would like to take some longer trips. I'm short and they have sent the seat out to be custom lowered for me. I want to have my feet on the ground! I'm looking forward to learning more about this bike on this forum.
I have been worried that the bike is a bit big for me. I sure don't need all that power. I rode a friend's last summer and once I got going I was fine. I'm so excited about spring this year!!!! sunny
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Oxford, Ohio   Hello from Oxford, Ohio I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 29, 2008 8:21 am

At some point I will figure out how to put pictures on. My son is here for Christmas and maybe he can show me...or ask one of the grandbabies..LOL. But I was looking at the top picture and that is my new bike!!!! I just love the red color. Sometime during the year I will get a strobe on the front and one of those Givi trunks with the lights. I want to make sure the cars can see me.
Back to top Go down
JeffR
Site Admin
JeffR

Number of posts : 2596
Registration date : 2008-12-19

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Oxford, Ohio   Hello from Oxford, Ohio I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 29, 2008 11:16 am

DWP,

Welcome to the forum and hope you like it. You're going to enjoy the Swing since it is really a very comfortable bike with plenty of power. If you have trouble posting a pic with the help of your grandson please get back to me and I will help. The red is a very nice color too. Mine is Silver and I think they had about 2-3 years of just silver.
Back to top Go down
https://www.silverwing600.com
jdeereanton
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
jdeereanton

Number of posts : 1995
Registration date : 2008-12-24

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Oxford, Ohio   Hello from Oxford, Ohio I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 30, 2008 5:54 am

Welcome.

We had our seats modified as well. Not because of any seat height issue, but rather to make them a little more comfortable for long distance riding.

Enjoy your ride. You are fortunate to have a group close to you for regular scheduled rides.
Back to top Go down
http://kimdaleanton.wordpress.com

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Oxford, Ohio   Hello from Oxford, Ohio I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 30, 2008 3:20 pm

I appreciate my group a lot. This was my third summer with them. It is called SOS~Seniors on Scooters Smile It is really 25 older gentleman and ME Shocked But they are polite and always nice to me and I have really enjoyed the friendships. I had never ridden in a group so I have learned a lot from them. We have a great time riding. We have several in their 80's who still ride. I love to see older people who still have that adventuresome spirit! Wink
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Oxford, Ohio   Hello from Oxford, Ohio I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 01, 2009 9:17 am

I keep checking the ten day forcast. I need to find a day over 40 degrees to get my Helix to the dealer in Richmond, IN. It's about 30 miles. I'll have to really layer up I'm sure and go slow so I don't freeze. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Oxford, Ohio   Hello from Oxford, Ohio I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 16, 2009 7:23 pm

My goodness spring is almost here. The bulbs are coming up and the trees are budding. I called the dealership and I can pick up my new Silverwing on Thursday...OH BOY!!! I am so excited. I'm chomping at the bit to get on this new bike and see how it handles. I'm counting on the shocks being lowered and the seat re-worked and my good high boots that I will feel like my feet are on the ground when I stop!!! cheers The weather looks pretty good this week.
I'm ready for a season full of adventure!
Back to top Go down
dickie
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
dickie

Number of posts : 238
Registration date : 2008-12-24

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Oxford, Ohio   Hello from Oxford, Ohio I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 17, 2009 10:35 am

Coralee, Bless your heart, we have been reading your posts and can share your enthusiasm on your new Swing. I hope mother nature grants you a wonderful day when you pick up that new baby. I worked in Dayton over the weekend and the weather wasn't bad. Enjoy and be safe.
Take care...Dick
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Oxford, Ohio   Hello from Oxford, Ohio I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 17, 2009 7:38 pm

Well I picked up the new Silverwing and it's safely in my garage. cheers It's heavy but once I was going it was a dream. Just cruses at 55 with no effort. The semi's didn't bother me and even though it was windy it hardly moved. I rode about 55 and did the main roads and some back roads. I'm so excited to get used to this new ride. I think I'm really going to enjoy traveling on this.
It is a bear to get it on the center stand which I like to do. I live right near a park and I will work on my tight turns until I get used to the bike. I'm so excited to have it home with me. bounce
I had to laugh on the way home. :lol!: that the bigger bikes actually waved at me. On my bright yellow one most of the time they just wouldn't wave.
Adventure awaits.... :D
Back to top Go down
JeffR
Site Admin
JeffR

Number of posts : 2596
Registration date : 2008-12-19

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Oxford, Ohio   Hello from Oxford, Ohio I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 18, 2009 3:37 am

Coralee,

Congrats on your new bike and I'm sure you will like it the more you ride it. I had a Reflex so I know what you mean about it cruising at 55 mph with no effort. This thing is flat out fast and powerful and the wind doesn't take it like the wind would with the lighter scoots. Give us a good review and how it compares to the Helix when you get some more time on it. Again, Congrats on your new bike.
Back to top Go down
https://www.silverwing600.com

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Oxford, Ohio   Hello from Oxford, Ohio I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 19, 2009 8:14 am

Coralee, Congrats on your new SW. How are you making out with the seat. Stay within your limits. Do a lot of low speed practice, that is what really helped me get the feel for the SW. Stay safe.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Oxford, Ohio   Hello from Oxford, Ohio I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 19, 2009 10:51 am

Thanks. I'm not quite flat footed. They said the shocks will relax some but I may have to invest in another pair of boots. Mine were expensive and fairly high but I may look at another pair.
One of the things I learned the other day was to stop and keep my front wheel straight. On the Helix, since the center of gravity was so low, I could turn my wheel for the turn as I stopped. I found with this I have to keep the wheel straight and then start my turn as I take off. I'll have to get used to the weight of the bike. I did go to the park yesterday and make circles and just started and stopped to get used to the feel of it. I know there will be a learning curve and I will put the time into the practice.
The two brakes on the handbars is comfortable since I ride a bicycle but my right foot just comes up automaticlly from the Helix and the foot brake. :D
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Oxford, Ohio   Hello from Oxford, Ohio I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hello from Oxford, Ohio
Page 1 of 1