Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Rear shock longevity
Looks like I ought to join the forum I_icon_minitimeby Mighty Mouse Today at 4:47 am

» Final Drive Noise banished
Looks like I ought to join the forum I_icon_minitimeby dovahkiin Today at 1:29 am

» Latest Observations On My New To Me 2004 SW
Looks like I ought to join the forum I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Yesterday at 7:40 am

» What did you do to your SW today.
Looks like I ought to join the forum I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Tue Apr 16, 2024 4:26 pm

» YSS rear shocks
Looks like I ought to join the forum I_icon_minitimeby StuartBrown Tue Apr 16, 2024 1:36 pm

» New to Me Swing
Looks like I ought to join the forum I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Mon Apr 15, 2024 10:06 pm

» SOLD 2004 Honda Silver Wing for sale, tastefully modded SOLD
Looks like I ought to join the forum I_icon_minitimeby Rzor93 Sun Apr 14, 2024 2:29 pm

» peace, love and life
Looks like I ought to join the forum I_icon_minitimeby cello33 Fri Apr 12, 2024 6:35 pm

» Fork specs, please help before 9/4/2024
Looks like I ought to join the forum I_icon_minitimeby Anders L Thu Apr 11, 2024 9:58 am

» Forgive My Rookie Questions
Looks like I ought to join the forum I_icon_minitimeby AldusFran Wed Apr 10, 2024 2:16 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Looks like I ought to join the forum

Go down 
+5
"Hi Yo"
scoop
WingMan02
JeffR_
Greysilver
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Greysilver
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider
Greysilver

Number of posts : 494
Registration date : 2014-04-08

Looks like I ought to join the forum Empty
PostSubject: Looks like I ought to join the forum   Looks like I ought to join the forum I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 08, 2014 11:37 pm

Saturday, if all holds I'll be at a Honda dealer and buying a "new" 2011 Silverwing. Not sold, new on the floor and ready to ride. It is an ABS model, black and itching to be ridden.

The  last scooter I had was a 5 hp Cushman Highlander, It's been a while. A year and a half ago I rode a big bike into the pavement and swore I'd never ride again. Well, here I go.
Back to top Go down
JeffR_
Site Admin
JeffR_

Number of posts : 1103
Registration date : 2010-05-12

PostSubject: Re: Looks like I ought to join the forum   Looks like I ought to join the forum I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 08, 2014 11:44 pm

Greysilver,

Welcome to the site and congrats on your new SWing. Just get used to the weight and the power. It is 50hp and really goes pretty good. It will take you anywhere you want to go in comfort and plenty of power. Post a pic when you get it when you can.
Back to top Go down
WingMan02
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
WingMan02

Number of posts : 287
Registration date : 2012-01-19

PostSubject: Re: Looks like I ought to join the forum   Looks like I ought to join the forum I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 09, 2014 12:33 am

Welcome from Hawaii... Aloha bounce 
Back to top Go down
scoop
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 29
Registration date : 2012-07-21

PostSubject: Re: Looks like I ought to join the forum   Looks like I ought to join the forum I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 09, 2014 1:24 am

Welcome from Sherman,Tx....the Cushman Highlander was also my first attempt to ride a scooter way,way back there....We had small crushed gravel in our driveway and I did fine until I turned into the drive....Lets just say my friend NEVER let me ride it again!
Back to top Go down
"Hi Yo"
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Looks like I ought to join the forum 510-80

Number of posts : 2940
Registration date : 2010-02-17

PostSubject: Re: Looks like I ought to join the forum   Looks like I ought to join the forum I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 09, 2014 7:58 am

cheers   cheers  Welcome Greysilver.  cheers   cheers 
Back to top Go down
Greysilver
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider
Greysilver

PostSubject: Re: Looks like I ought to join the forum   Looks like I ought to join the forum I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 09, 2014 11:39 am

Thank you for the warm welcomes everyone!  king
Back to top Go down
model28a
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
model28a

Number of posts : 2085
Registration date : 2010-02-03

PostSubject: Re: Looks like I ought to join the forum   Looks like I ought to join the forum I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 09, 2014 4:52 pm

welcome applause welcome 
Back to top Go down
GHM-PM
Site Admin
GHM-PM

Number of posts : 2551
Registration date : 2012-05-17

PostSubject: Re: Looks like I ought to join the forum   Looks like I ought to join the forum I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 09, 2014 10:07 pm

Welcome Greysilver! What part of Arizona are you in? Anywhere close and perhaps we can ride together!!!

BTW did your SWing come from Apache?
Back to top Go down
dpenney
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2014-04-09

PostSubject: taking the leap   Looks like I ought to join the forum I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 09, 2014 10:22 pm

Hey this dpenney from portland or looking to buy studying my options i also considered a new 2011 for about 7 grand guy down the block has a 2005 with 8500 miles on it asking 6500 with tow trike package and three windshields the fact it has the tow package scares me since honda recomends no towing what should i look and feel for on test drive
Back to top Go down
Greysilver
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider
Greysilver

PostSubject: Hello GHM   Looks like I ought to join the forum I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 09, 2014 11:46 pm

Hi GHM I'm in Tucson, no to Apache. I did e mail Western but have not heard back. Let me get "up" then we can talk meeting. TY for the welcome.
Back to top Go down
Greysilver
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider
Greysilver

PostSubject: Hello Dpenny   Looks like I ought to join the forum I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 09, 2014 11:49 pm

Hi Dpenny. My .02 worth is it's not worth 500$ to go from a new 11 to an 05 with 8500 miles and a tow package that is disallowed by Honda. New has warranty etc. Cheers.
Back to top Go down
exavid
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 2658
Registration date : 2009-07-17

PostSubject: Re: Looks like I ought to join the forum   Looks like I ought to join the forum I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 10, 2014 1:42 am

I concur with Greysilver, that's too much for that bike. Here's an '04 with less miles for $2900.

http://medford.craigslist.org/mcy/4346955259.html
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Looks like I ought to join the forum   Looks like I ought to join the forum I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Looks like I ought to join the forum
Page 1 of 1