Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» drive belts
The wing nearly went I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Yesterday at 5:43 pm

» New member from Europe
The wing nearly went I_icon_minitimeby alex_at Yesterday at 3:55 pm

» New Silverwing owner, thoughts and questions
The wing nearly went I_icon_minitimeby alex_at Yesterday at 3:54 pm

» Will my 2002 Silverwing 600 fit in the bed of my F150 Ford with Tailgat up or down?
The wing nearly went I_icon_minitimeby tedebr Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:56 pm

» Is this a good price for a Silverwing 2006
The wing nearly went I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Tue Mar 26, 2024 1:19 pm

» What were they thinking?
The wing nearly went I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:57 am

» Hello everyone
The wing nearly went I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:54 am

» Sidelight Bulbs
The wing nearly went I_icon_minitimeby Green7 Mon Mar 25, 2024 5:25 pm

» Voyager trike kit forsale
The wing nearly went I_icon_minitimeby Mkdelay12@gmail.com Sun Mar 24, 2024 7:41 pm

» tiny oil leak
The wing nearly went I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Sun Mar 24, 2024 1:41 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

The wing nearly went

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
mr fish
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
mr fish

Number of posts : 276
Registration date : 2009-03-23

The wing nearly went Empty
PostSubject: The wing nearly went   The wing nearly went I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 18, 2009 12:55 pm

I have to confess nearly chopped the wing in Crying or Very sad ............It was annoying me last week shaking every panel and belt slapping all over the place Evil or Very Mad so in my haste decided to look at the ads saw a couple of drz 400 sm and a triumph daytona that looked tempting Surprised so went to see all three the suzooks were both sold around an hour before i got there Crying or Very sad and the triumph was a piece of s**t even though advertised as excellent condition (had a few words with the owner and dont think i welcome back) and to top it off my wing is now running smooth with little vibration and minimal belt slap I think it knows and has had the kick up the bootay it needed cheers (Im the boss).....Have coincidently found because ive taken the top box off a lot less turbulance from the givi screen so keeping the box off as much as poss cyclops
Back to top Go down
Bernardo
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
Bernardo

Number of posts : 259
Registration date : 2008-12-25

PostSubject: Re: The wing nearly went   The wing nearly went I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 18, 2009 3:36 pm

mr fish wrote:
I have to confess nearly chopped the wing in Crying or Very sad ............It was annoying me last week shaking every panel and belt slapping all over the place Evil or Very Mad so in my haste decided to look at the ads saw a couple of drz 400 sm and a triumph daytona that looked tempting Surprised so went to see all three the suzooks were both sold around an hour before i got there Crying or Very sad and the triumph was a piece of s**t even though advertised as excellent condition (had a few words with the owner and dont think i welcome back) and to top it off my wing is now running smooth with little vibration and minimal belt slap I think it knows and has had the kick up the bootay it needed cheers (Im the boss).....Have coincidently found because ive taken the top box off a lot less turbulance from the givi screen so keeping the box off as much as poss cyclops

Woah that was a close one...! Good choice to stay with it! Remember that the S'wing is a Honda... Build quality and reliability is one of the best you can get..... Plus if you are going to go down the mod route, even if it takes a while, it's just going to get better and better... It's a genuine al year round machine, though keep an eye on those wheels in winter... The single best mod is probably the J costa variator, which aswell as improving performance, also gets rid of belt slap, and it sounds a bit better, more buzzy and sportier..

Well thats my opinion.....! but I'm biased... Smile
Back to top Go down
Bernardo
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
Bernardo

PostSubject: Re: The wing nearly went   The wing nearly went I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 18, 2009 3:43 pm

Hey, I've just realised that after I've posted this email, I should be a "super scooter rider...." How many posts then till I get to Power scooer rider?!

The wing nearly went P1000331
Back to top Go down
mr fish
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
mr fish

PostSubject: Re: The wing nearly went   The wing nearly went I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 18, 2009 4:25 pm

Thanks for the advice super scooter man Smile I think fate took its course
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The wing nearly went   The wing nearly went I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 21, 2009 6:29 am

Finances have saved me from a similar fate. Having a whopping 2 1/2 months and 4000 miles of riding experience (and one dead deer) I've convinced myself that I'm ready to move up to something with the horsepower of the Hoover Dam.

My bank account is smarter than I am.

My belt has been slapping too. Word has it the Mitsusquishy kevlar belt (or whatever they call it) cures the slapping issue for a low price, and an aftermarket clutch will add some off-the-line zip. Corbin saddles are far less money than the Day Long I was hankering for. If I can get it comfy, quiet and a little more zippy I think I can be quite happy. At least until next year.

Another issue is I'm piling up miles so far I'll never get the contract balance down to the scooter's value, so I'm pretty much going to have to ride it until it's a puddle of grease in the driveway.
Back to top Go down
Bernardo
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
Bernardo

PostSubject: Re: The wing nearly went   The wing nearly went I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 21, 2009 5:46 pm

mickey wrote:
Finances have saved me from a similar fate. Having a whopping 2 1/2 months and 4000 miles of riding experience (and one dead deer) I've convinced myself that I'm ready to move up to something with the horsepower of the Hoover Dam.

My belt has been slapping too. Word has it the Mitsusquishy kevlar belt (or whatever they call it) cures the slapping issue for a low price, and an aftermarket clutch will add some off-the-line zip. Corbin saddles are far less money than the Day Long I was hankering for. If I can get it comfy, quiet and a little more zippy I think I can be quite happy. At least until next year.

Another issue is I'm piling up miles so far I'll never get the contract balance down to the scooter's value, so I'm pretty much going to have to ride it until it's a puddle of grease in the driveway.

For even better value for money, check out the "air hawk" seat.... Superb! Since its detatchable I can use mine both for my bike and scoot
Back to top Go down
Bernardo
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
Bernardo

PostSubject: Re: The wing nearly went   The wing nearly went I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 21, 2009 5:57 pm

mr fish wrote:
Thanks for the advice super scooter man Smile I think fate took its course

John,

I've noticed you've joined the muppets... Are you coming on the Duxford run this Saturday 25th July...? Meet at Duxford Imperial War Musem at 1030. I'm planning on going, have just posted an email on the Duxford thread on the Muppet forum.... If you want to meet up on the way, there's a few options, South Mimms services, and or Ongar....

Come along if you can, should be fun....

Bernardo
Back to top Go down
mr fish
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
mr fish

PostSubject: Re: The wing nearly went   The wing nearly went I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 21, 2009 6:27 pm

Posted on your other post im off to Italy friday (real crazy scooterist)last time i was there a guy on a tmax in shorts with knee sliders strapped to his legs was getting his knee down around the lake Shocked
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The wing nearly went   The wing nearly went I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 23, 2009 11:32 pm

Bernardo wrote:
mickey wrote:

For even better value for money, check out the "air hawk" seat.... Superb! Since its detatchable I can use mine both for my bike and scoot

Thanks. But Corbin has hit my price point. I love the looks, and I already agree with their over all "firmer is better" philosophy, having been a Mercedes Benz owner in the past. If it feels too hard at first it's going to be GREAT six hours later. That's what I'm shooting for.

Day Long has me convinced, but their price for the Swing is insane.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The wing nearly went   The wing nearly went I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The wing nearly went
Page 1 of 1