Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

Hi, Welcome to the Silverwing 600 Forum. We ask that you be polite and also introduce yourself on your 1st post. The members are friendly and helpful so just have fun. There is www.maxi-scoots.com site that is geared for all scooters and motorcycles.

HomeGallerySearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» What did you do to your SW today.
Light coming from my topbox. I_icon_minitimeby winged warrior Today at 12:44 pm

» Swinging in the Rain
Light coming from my topbox. I_icon_minitimeby Mottza Today at 12:12 pm

» Rear shocks setting
Light coming from my topbox. I_icon_minitimeby BroOKS2K9 Today at 9:48 am

» HayvenMoses
Light coming from my topbox. I_icon_minitimeby oldwingguy Today at 7:47 am

» Front wheel wobble
Light coming from my topbox. I_icon_minitimeby bergwerk Today at 3:22 am

» Tell us a joke
Light coming from my topbox. I_icon_minitimeby Dale N. Today at 12:18 am

» Squeaking Rubbing sound
Light coming from my topbox. I_icon_minitimeby Mech 1 twa Yesterday at 5:38 pm

» any gilera gp800 riders
Light coming from my topbox. I_icon_minitimeby Cosmic_Jumper Yesterday at 4:21 pm

» The Blue Suit
Light coming from my topbox. I_icon_minitimeby terrier Yesterday at 9:40 am

» Good Lord the Storage
Light coming from my topbox. I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Yesterday at 8:28 am

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Light coming from my topbox.

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
woodworker
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 129
Registration date : 2013-09-19

Light coming from my topbox. Empty
PostSubject: Light coming from my topbox.   Light coming from my topbox. I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 26, 2014 7:51 pm

Went and did some late night shopping on the scoot .As I placed the bags in the topbox dropped my keys in there accidently .Well what a hassle finding them in the dark.I thought what I need is a light in the topbox.Following day I was in my local hardware store purchasing paint, I am always purchasing paint .I came across these small circular l.e.d. battery powered lights ,solution I thought .Stuck the light in with some sticky back Velcro, now light coming from my topbox .Whats also handy you can remove the light and use elsewhere.Never came across a topbox with a integral light before ,only the type that's under some scoot seats .Problem now is I can see what I forgot to buy in the shop .  Sleep 
Back to top Go down
dickie
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
dickie

Number of posts : 229
Registration date : 2008-12-24

PostSubject: Re: Light coming from my topbox.   Light coming from my topbox. I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 27, 2014 2:02 pm

woodworker,
When I bought my scooter several years ago it came with a large Givi that pretty much matched the red SW. It didn't have a trunk light in it. I traded it my brother for a slightly smaller black Givi which had a light in it. This is now mounted on the scoot. I never bothered hooking up the light and removed its wiring. I use a small led flashlight that I keep under the seat. I'm sure the light you installed is very handy as you can take it off and use it as a flashlight. Dick
Back to top Go down
woodworker
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 129
Registration date : 2013-09-19

PostSubject: Re: Light coming from my topbox.   Light coming from my topbox. I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 27, 2014 2:38 pm

Hi dickie ,don't know why I did not think of it before ? I am not a lover of some hard wired accessories allways worry about the vehicle battery .That said I know some systems come with a failsafe such as my oxford heated grips .Some people sneer at simple battery torches preferring more high tech solutions ,me not high tech can barely switch on a computer .But on the other hand I can work a torch ha ,go steady .  Smile   :lol!: 
Back to top Go down

Light coming from my topbox.
Page 1 of 1