Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» drive belts
Some Bastard hacker I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Today at 5:43 pm

» New member from Europe
Some Bastard hacker I_icon_minitimeby alex_at Today at 3:55 pm

» New Silverwing owner, thoughts and questions
Some Bastard hacker I_icon_minitimeby alex_at Today at 3:54 pm

» Will my 2002 Silverwing 600 fit in the bed of my F150 Ford with Tailgat up or down?
Some Bastard hacker I_icon_minitimeby tedebr Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:56 pm

» Is this a good price for a Silverwing 2006
Some Bastard hacker I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Tue Mar 26, 2024 1:19 pm

» What were they thinking?
Some Bastard hacker I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:57 am

» Hello everyone
Some Bastard hacker I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:54 am

» Sidelight Bulbs
Some Bastard hacker I_icon_minitimeby Green7 Mon Mar 25, 2024 5:25 pm

» Voyager trike kit forsale
Some Bastard hacker I_icon_minitimeby Mkdelay12@gmail.com Sun Mar 24, 2024 7:41 pm

» tiny oil leak
Some Bastard hacker I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Sun Mar 24, 2024 1:41 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Some Bastard hacker

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
KurtPerthWA
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
KurtPerthWA

Number of posts : 1709
Registration date : 2009-01-19

Some Bastard hacker Empty
PostSubject: Some Bastard hacker   Some Bastard hacker I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 06, 2013 8:51 pm

att Jon Callihan

Some bastard hacker has infiltrated my computer and changed some settings. Every web page and site now needs to be individually logged into as the auto log in is kaput. I need to remember the passwords...
So if I have nothing to contribute I only read the posts, but I am still here.
one day I will understand how these pooters work other than switching them on and off.
Back to top Go down
"Hi Yo"
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Some Bastard hacker 510-80

Number of posts : 2940
Registration date : 2010-02-17

PostSubject: Re: Some Bastard hacker   Some Bastard hacker I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 06, 2013 9:17 pm

Sounds like you need an expert troubleshooter. Know any six year olds? Smile 
Back to top Go down
joncallihan
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 1025
Registration date : 2009-02-16

PostSubject: Re: Some Bastard hacker   Some Bastard hacker I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 07, 2013 10:08 am

Don't switch them off. Always mark the "remember me" box that accompanies the username and password boxes. Tell your browser (it is Firefox isn't it?) to remember the passwords.

alien beamed up 

Jon :flower: 
Back to top Go down
http://www.joncallihan.com
LN
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 64
Registration date : 2012-08-18

PostSubject: Re: Some Bastard hacker   Some Bastard hacker I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 07, 2013 1:22 pm

-most passwords require email address. ask for password
-if your browser directs you to anywhere but where you wanted to go...you have an add-ware installed. It gets' worst.

Add-ware: is a symptom. That means that there is a hidden program in your computer that puts up another program. As soon as you delete the symptom the hidden program re-install's it for you. The only way to fix it is to do a system restore .... a month or two back. It will not delete your docs or pictures , only programs ...which you will reinstal by hand. Very good idea to backup everything to something. Hard drive is good.

if you can't roll back, do a factory backup. It may take about 30 to 45 min to do it but you will have a brand new computer...you have to put your stuff back. and no, it will not keep your documents or pictures. You have to save them before you do a factory restore.

you can't win this ad-ware battle.    

good luck

Sad
Back to top Go down
KurtPerthWA
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
KurtPerthWA

Number of posts : 1709
Registration date : 2009-01-19

PostSubject: Re: Some Bastard hacker   Some Bastard hacker I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 07, 2013 8:45 pm

Thanks for the advice. I have plenty of protection, ad ware wise, but a hacker got in by email somehow, Installed himself as Admin. I found him/robot and removed him. This was quickly reinstated. I then De administrated myself and put a new password on my account. Unfortunately or fortunately there was was an old account in my wife's name which was "administrator" listed that had a major Windows problem and cannot not be opened. I hope I dont have any administrator problems myself now as it goes into a closed loop. But at least the mongrel cannot get in either.
I will just need to update to another version of windows one day. I have the username of him too. It's just a jumble of letters. When I can find the link to block him on the email pges I will . I don't know why they hide this link. I need a six year old as I am not a guru or a nerd and will probably fix up my pooter permanently one day.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Some Bastard hacker   Some Bastard hacker I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Some Bastard hacker
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum :: General :: General Chat-
Jump to: