Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» drive belts
Bestem 929 Install I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Today at 5:43 pm

» New member from Europe
Bestem 929 Install I_icon_minitimeby alex_at Today at 3:55 pm

» New Silverwing owner, thoughts and questions
Bestem 929 Install I_icon_minitimeby alex_at Today at 3:54 pm

» Will my 2002 Silverwing 600 fit in the bed of my F150 Ford with Tailgat up or down?
Bestem 929 Install I_icon_minitimeby tedebr Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:56 pm

» Is this a good price for a Silverwing 2006
Bestem 929 Install I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Tue Mar 26, 2024 1:19 pm

» What were they thinking?
Bestem 929 Install I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:57 am

» Hello everyone
Bestem 929 Install I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:54 am

» Sidelight Bulbs
Bestem 929 Install I_icon_minitimeby Green7 Mon Mar 25, 2024 5:25 pm

» Voyager trike kit forsale
Bestem 929 Install I_icon_minitimeby Mkdelay12@gmail.com Sun Mar 24, 2024 7:41 pm

» tiny oil leak
Bestem 929 Install I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Sun Mar 24, 2024 1:41 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Bestem 929 Install

Go down 
+3
billc.
JeffR
jda55
7 posters
AuthorMessage
jda55
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2013-04-26

Bestem 929 Install Empty
PostSubject: Bestem 929 Install   Bestem 929 Install I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 03, 2013 9:28 pm

I think I've seen a pictorial and/or directions for installing a Bestem 929 here on this site, but I can't find it. Could someone point me to it and/or give directions for the install?

I have an early Christmas present! 929 with liner and brake lights!

Thanks.
Back to top Go down
JeffR
Site Admin
JeffR

Number of posts : 2596
Registration date : 2008-12-19

Bestem 929 Install Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bestem 929 Install   Bestem 929 Install I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 04, 2013 12:52 am

jda,

This may help:

https://www.silverwing600.com/t31-givi-passenger-backrest-installation-pictorial

I did this for the Givi backrest.  On pic #6 you would drill 4 holes instead of the 2.  But when I installed my Bestem case I was more concerned with lining up the holes of the mount to the spoiler.  But this pictorial I did will help you take the spoiler off and I'm sure you can figure it out from there.  The 4 holes that need to be drilled out just happen to line up perfectly with the Givi mount since Givi made a point to design their mount to fit perfectly.

Also, when I drilled the holes and secured the mounting bracket to the spoiler I bought 4 rubber spacers so it would be off of the spoiler by about 1/2". If you don't use spacers the mounted bracket will be directly on your spoiler. At least it would have been with mine.
Back to top Go down
https://www.silverwing600.com
billc.
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
billc.

Number of posts : 189
Registration date : 2010-02-19

Bestem 929 Install Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bestem 929 Install   Bestem 929 Install I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 04, 2013 10:37 am

My Bestem Topbox came with a Bestem mounting plate. At the time (few years ago), it did NOT align with the "ready to drill" holes in the spoiler. I drilled 4 holes to match the Bestem plate.
NOTE: if you are going to carry a passenger, BEFORE drilling the holes for the topbox plate, I would attach the topbox to the plate and position it over the spoiler where it was "comfortable" for the back of your passenger.... then drill the holes there. I also used rubber washers to make the plate level as Jeff mentioned above. I also cut a 8"x8"x1/2" foam pad and placed it on top of the mounting plate under the topbox... which silences any rattles between the topbox and the mounting plate. billc.
Back to top Go down
DaveR
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider

Number of posts : 440
Registration date : 2009-02-19

Bestem 929 Install Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bestem 929 Install   Bestem 929 Install I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 04, 2013 3:37 pm

As far as I am concerned, the Bestem 929 with running light and brake light is one of the best on the market for the money spent. I upgraded to the latest with the running light and really like it. Ordered with the liner and I like it also. You end up with two positive and 1 negative for a total of three wires. The most difficult part is soldering the small wires together.Smile 
Back to top Go down
jda55
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2013-04-26

Bestem 929 Install Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bestem 929 Install   Bestem 929 Install I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 17, 2013 9:05 pm

Thanks all! It is installed. Now, anyone got pics and directions for the brake light/running lights connections/install?

Back to top Go down
surlybiker58
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider
surlybiker58

Number of posts : 350
Registration date : 2011-12-11

Bestem 929 Install Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bestem 929 Install   Bestem 929 Install I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 19, 2014 8:38 am

I just installed the Bestem 929 yesterday .  I also ordered the liner .
I did not bother with connecting the light .  
The important thing to remember is that pre-marked holes in the spoiler do not line up with the Bestem mounting plate.
I placed the plate on top and marked the holes to drill . You also need patience drilling holes, starting with a smaller drill bit then moving up in size .
Also , if you don't want to have to cut the Bestem mounting bolts ( they are way too long) you 'll need inch and quarter bolts. I used 5/16 by 1 and1/4 stainless ones .
Back to top Go down
Bearly the biker
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2020-08-03

Bestem 929 Install Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bestem 929 Install   Bestem 929 Install I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 12, 2020 1:56 pm

My 2012 new-to-me Silverwing has a Bestem on the spoiler that I'm re-wiring to (1) remove the wires that were exposed in the underseat trunk, (2) to remove LED turn signal stick-ons that had aged poorly, (3) to make the box removeable (the box, in spite of being wired with a 6-wire connector, was not removeable because of the wire routing), and (4) to add an interior courtesy light. In the process, I got inside the box wiring and found some loose wires and not-so-pretty connections, so I'm redoing that now.
So my question is: has anyone been inside the wiring and noted the 4 wire bundle that comes from the wrap-around LED marker light bar? So far, I've found black to be common, and red to light most of the LEDs (seemingly random ones across the bar), and the green wire to light some other random parts of it. The yellow does not light anything. Some LEDs do not light at all, but not enough of them to matter much. I have also tried various combinations of +/- to see if any other color combinations light up. Nothing does.
I have to believe there's a logic to these 4 wires, but darned if I can find it. Has anyone here seen a wiring diagram for this box?
Back to top Go down
exavid
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 2658
Registration date : 2009-07-17

Bestem 929 Install Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bestem 929 Install   Bestem 929 Install I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 14, 2020 10:45 pm

I put a Bestem box on one of my previous Silverwings. The box didn't have lights in it when I got it from the factory. I added some LED lights in the box under the red side panels for turn and stop functions. I used a four or five wire, thin cable to with a plug that I mounted under the bike's tailpiece. Worked well, and the Bestem box was well made and half the price of the Givi.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Bestem 929 Install Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bestem 929 Install   Bestem 929 Install I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Bestem 929 Install
Page 1 of 1