Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Rear shock longevity
Demise?or no Demise? I_icon_minitimeby steve_h80 Today at 2:50 am

» Final Drive Noise banished
Demise?or no Demise? I_icon_minitimeby dovahkiin Today at 1:29 am

» Latest Observations On My New To Me 2004 SW
Demise?or no Demise? I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Yesterday at 7:40 am

» What did you do to your SW today.
Demise?or no Demise? I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Tue Apr 16, 2024 4:26 pm

» YSS rear shocks
Demise?or no Demise? I_icon_minitimeby StuartBrown Tue Apr 16, 2024 1:36 pm

» New to Me Swing
Demise?or no Demise? I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Mon Apr 15, 2024 10:06 pm

» SOLD 2004 Honda Silver Wing for sale, tastefully modded SOLD
Demise?or no Demise? I_icon_minitimeby Rzor93 Sun Apr 14, 2024 2:29 pm

» peace, love and life
Demise?or no Demise? I_icon_minitimeby cello33 Fri Apr 12, 2024 6:35 pm

» Fork specs, please help before 9/4/2024
Demise?or no Demise? I_icon_minitimeby Anders L Thu Apr 11, 2024 9:58 am

» Forgive My Rookie Questions
Demise?or no Demise? I_icon_minitimeby AldusFran Wed Apr 10, 2024 2:16 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Demise?or no Demise?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
woodworker
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 129
Registration date : 2013-09-19

Demise?or no Demise? Empty
PostSubject: Demise?or no Demise?   Demise?or no Demise? I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 02, 2013 2:34 pm

Sad Hi all scooter fans, went and had my scoot serviced today still under warranty £122 lighter,i got chatting too the branch manager at my local honda dealer.Asked him about my ride the sh300i, he seems too think the sh 300 will meet its demise soon .As the forza soon too be its replacement erm.Sad :No dates yet he said but on the cards and that is not just the u.k. [europe aswell].Sad Also [dont shoot the messenger] they seem too think the big wings podium will be takenover by the controversial integra disbelief [QUOTE ]large capacity scooters not so popular here in the u.k.smaller commuter scoots is what sells in the u.k.Guess thats why no sight of a big wing or a integra in the showroom.jawdrop But i did notice a influx of 125cc commuter scooters ssch gagged Ride safe.
Back to top Go down
Meldrew
Visiting Curmudgeon
Meldrew

Number of posts : 4174
Registration date : 2010-11-16

PostSubject: Re: Demise?or no Demise?   Demise?or no Demise? I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 02, 2013 6:33 pm

If Honda discontinues the SH 300i it doesn't really affect anything, there's still plenty of new and used examples in showrooms and more online from private sellers. Spare and accessories are widely available and will be for many years, and Honda will still service the SH 300.

I wouldn't believe everything your dealer says, the Integra hasn't caught on simply because it doesn't seem to appeal to those who appreciate the weather protection, comfort, and storage capacity of a maxi scooter. Other scooter riders restricted to an Auto only licence who can't ride a geared motorcycle will go for the NC 700X roadster over the Integra because it's one of the few motorcycles they can legally ride.
Back to top Go down
woodworker
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 129
Registration date : 2013-09-19

PostSubject: Re: Demise?or no Demise?   Demise?or no Demise? I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 03, 2013 4:00 am

Your so right meldrew, about the sh300.Also asked my dealer about why scoots not so popular here given they offer as you say better weather protection.Better economy generally speaking and as you know more convience for shopping etc.His reply was motorcycle industry more of a liesure industry here in the u.k.than a everyday neccessity.I wonder if anyone conducted a survey in the u.k. as regards who buys what and for what purpose [liesure riding] or [commutter riding] or a [ bit of both]?Go steady.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Demise?or no Demise?   Demise?or no Demise? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Demise?or no Demise?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum :: Other Scooters and Motorcycles :: Other Scooter Topics-
Jump to: