Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» drive belts
How to remove 'crumbs' from inside a TopBox? I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Today at 21:43

» New member from Europe
How to remove 'crumbs' from inside a TopBox? I_icon_minitimeby alex_at Today at 19:55

» New Silverwing owner, thoughts and questions
How to remove 'crumbs' from inside a TopBox? I_icon_minitimeby alex_at Today at 19:54

» Will my 2002 Silverwing 600 fit in the bed of my F150 Ford with Tailgat up or down?
How to remove 'crumbs' from inside a TopBox? I_icon_minitimeby tedebr Yesterday at 02:56

» Is this a good price for a Silverwing 2006
How to remove 'crumbs' from inside a TopBox? I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Tue 26 Mar 2024, 17:19

» What were they thinking?
How to remove 'crumbs' from inside a TopBox? I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Tue 26 Mar 2024, 09:57

» Hello everyone
How to remove 'crumbs' from inside a TopBox? I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Tue 26 Mar 2024, 09:54

» Sidelight Bulbs
How to remove 'crumbs' from inside a TopBox? I_icon_minitimeby Green7 Mon 25 Mar 2024, 21:25

» Voyager trike kit forsale
How to remove 'crumbs' from inside a TopBox? I_icon_minitimeby Mkdelay12@gmail.com Sun 24 Mar 2024, 23:41

» tiny oil leak
How to remove 'crumbs' from inside a TopBox? I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Sun 24 Mar 2024, 17:41

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

How to remove 'crumbs' from inside a TopBox?

Go down 
+9
yammer
GHM-PM
MikeO
Meldrew
kent@kenniston.us
DickO
dspevack
DanB
Dimond
13 posters
AuthorMessage
Dimond
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
Dimond

Number of posts : 540
Registration date : 2011-08-07

How to remove 'crumbs' from inside a TopBox? Empty
PostSubject: How to remove 'crumbs' from inside a TopBox?   How to remove 'crumbs' from inside a TopBox? I_icon_minitimeMon 30 Sep 2013, 17:59

Sometimes I put my English Scone in my topbox and the paper bag splits - and guess what - get lot's of crumbs?  So, what is your prefered method of removing 'said' crumbs?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How to remove 'crumbs' from inside a TopBox?   How to remove 'crumbs' from inside a TopBox? I_icon_minitimeMon 30 Sep 2013, 20:30

You got it easy bud,a few crumbs in the top box is nothing compared to onion skin flakes under the saddle,but I decided to leave them in there to protect my wet weather gear from moths Smile
You could call in a pet shop & borrow a hamster & give it a nice snack WinkSmile
Back to top Go down
DanB
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
DanB

Number of posts : 174
Registration date : 2013-09-02

PostSubject: Re: How to remove 'crumbs' from inside a TopBox?   How to remove 'crumbs' from inside a TopBox? I_icon_minitimeMon 30 Sep 2013, 20:55

My little 6 pound Morkie could make a meal out of your Cummy Scones.
Back to top Go down
dspevack
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
dspevack

Number of posts : 2008
Registration date : 2008-12-27

PostSubject: Re: How to remove 'crumbs' from inside a TopBox?   How to remove 'crumbs' from inside a TopBox? I_icon_minitimeMon 30 Sep 2013, 21:02

Is this really a legitimate question?

DanB wrote:
Is that like the love child of "Mork and Mindy"?

Last edited by dspevack on Mon 30 Sep 2013, 22:27; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
DickO
Founding Member
DickO

Number of posts : 1018
Registration date : 2008-12-23

PostSubject: Re: How to remove 'crumbs' from inside a TopBox?   How to remove 'crumbs' from inside a TopBox? I_icon_minitimeMon 30 Sep 2013, 21:28

Okay folks... ya' gotta' remember... this place is just like the school room... where the teacher says "there ain't no such thing as a dumb question".

SO!!! Let's play nice and we'll all be happy Exclamation Exclamation  ...

OR ELSE Mad Mad Mad 

Back to top Go down
Dimond
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
Dimond

Number of posts : 540
Registration date : 2011-08-07

PostSubject: Re: How to remove 'crumbs' from inside a TopBox?   How to remove 'crumbs' from inside a TopBox? I_icon_minitimeMon 30 Sep 2013, 22:39

dspevack wrote:
Is this really a legitimate question?

Guessing that this topic will produce more replies than a 'legitimate question'.

Yesterday Mildrew put forward this question in a post, "What's the next simple cleaning conundrum we need a topic and the combined brain power of a forum to solve for someone? How to remove crumbs from inside a top box?", but got no replies - so just putting it out there.

Back to top Go down
kent@kenniston.us
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 2

PostSubject: Re: How to remove 'crumbs' from inside a TopBox?   How to remove 'crumbs' from inside a TopBox? I_icon_minitimeMon 30 Sep 2013, 23:59

Use a vacuum hose!Shocked Shocked 
Back to top Go down
dspevack
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
dspevack

Number of posts : 2008
Registration date : 2008-12-27

PostSubject: Re: How to remove 'crumbs' from inside a TopBox?   How to remove 'crumbs' from inside a TopBox? I_icon_minitimeTue 01 Oct 2013, 00:05

Okay fine.    I'll play along.
Take your top box Here

Or you can put a Roomba in it.
The Roomba will think its in a very small room.
Back to top Go down
Meldrew
Visiting Curmudgeon
Meldrew

Number of posts : 4170
Registration date : 2010-11-16

PostSubject: Re: How to remove 'crumbs' from inside a TopBox?   How to remove 'crumbs' from inside a TopBox? I_icon_minitimeTue 01 Oct 2013, 09:14

I've got the liner from my Givi E52 top box inside the Givi E55 I usually use as they are the same dimensions, I just lift it out and shake out any crumbs or other debris. It's about time Givi upped their game and gave us a 60 litre top box.
Back to top Go down
MikeO
Site Admin
MikeO

Number of posts : 3783
Registration date : 2009-06-29

PostSubject: Re: How to remove 'crumbs' from inside a TopBox?   How to remove 'crumbs' from inside a TopBox? I_icon_minitimeTue 01 Oct 2013, 13:43

I use the 'licked finger' method; it takes ages but doesn't waste any crumbs. Smile 
Back to top Go down
DanB
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
DanB

Number of posts : 174

PostSubject: Re: How to remove 'crumbs' from inside a TopBox?   How to remove 'crumbs' from inside a TopBox? I_icon_minitimeTue 01 Oct 2013, 13:56

dspevack wrote:

DanB wrote:
Is that like the love child of "Mork and Mindy"?
This is Toby, our Alpha male, one of 4 dogs and the smallest. And yes he loves crumbs too.
Attachments
How to remove 'crumbs' from inside a TopBox? Attachmentimage.jpg
You don't have permission to download attachments.
(162 Kb) Downloaded 15 times
Back to top Go down
GHM-PM
Site Admin
GHM-PM

Number of posts : 2540
Registration date : 2012-05-17

PostSubject: Re: How to remove 'crumbs' from inside a TopBox?   How to remove 'crumbs' from inside a TopBox? I_icon_minitimeTue 01 Oct 2013, 14:24

My top box is not a Givi but it comes off easily. So remove and turn it upside down... D'oh!
Back to top Go down
Meldrew
Visiting Curmudgeon
Meldrew

PostSubject: Re: How to remove 'crumbs' from inside a TopBox?   How to remove 'crumbs' from inside a TopBox? I_icon_minitimeTue 01 Oct 2013, 16:06

A simple idea but it will only work if you open the lid too...D'oh!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How to remove 'crumbs' from inside a TopBox?   How to remove 'crumbs' from inside a TopBox? I_icon_minitimeTue 01 Oct 2013, 16:30

Meldrew wrote:
I've got the liner from my Givi E52 top box inside the Givi E55 I usually use as they are the same dimensions, I just lift it out and shake out any crumbs or other debris. It's about time Givi upped their game and gave us a 60 litre top box.

That would give you ANOTHER 5litres of CC (Crumb Capacity) affraid

That would be enough to make a nice cake with :lol!:

Last edited by The Bern on Tue 01 Oct 2013, 16:31; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
GHM-PM
Site Admin
GHM-PM

Number of posts : 2540
Registration date : 2012-05-17

PostSubject: Re: How to remove 'crumbs' from inside a TopBox?   How to remove 'crumbs' from inside a TopBox? I_icon_minitimeTue 01 Oct 2013, 16:30

Or better yet... Don't put "crumby" things in the top box!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sleep 
Back to top Go down
yammer
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
yammer

Number of posts : 100
Registration date : 2013-05-04

PostSubject: Re: How to remove 'crumbs' from inside a TopBox?   How to remove 'crumbs' from inside a TopBox? I_icon_minitimeTue 01 Oct 2013, 16:31

Assuming that all crumbs float, I would fill the topbox with water and let it overflow for 10 minutes, when that is done I would wait for the water to evaporate. If the water takes time to evaporate put some crumbs to soak it up, then pull the damn topbox off and tip it upside down to get rid of the crumbs.
Back to top Go down
Meldrew
Visiting Curmudgeon
Meldrew

PostSubject: Re: How to remove 'crumbs' from inside a TopBox?   How to remove 'crumbs' from inside a TopBox? I_icon_minitimeTue 01 Oct 2013, 17:21

It's usually crumbs from the top of a freshly baked loaf that makes a mess...the Darkside!  Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
crahar
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
crahar

Number of posts : 283
Registration date : 2009-08-31

PostSubject: Re: How to remove 'crumbs' from inside a TopBox?   How to remove 'crumbs' from inside a TopBox? I_icon_minitimeTue 01 Oct 2013, 18:03

I take it off turn it upside down give a little shake onto a clean paper so I can finish eating(waste not want not)bounce
Back to top Go down
scooter trash
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 24
Registration date : 2015-03-24

PostSubject: Re: How to remove 'crumbs' from inside a TopBox?   How to remove 'crumbs' from inside a TopBox? I_icon_minitimeWed 15 Apr 2015, 04:08

Dimond wrote:
Sometimes I put my English Scone in my topbox and the paper bag splits - and guess what - get lot's of crumbs?  So, what is your prefered method of removing 'said' crumbs?

Leave Your seat up when You park the next time.....birds are good at finding and eating crumbs!....Or better yet,trade it for a scoot that dosn't have crumbs under the seat!

Last edited by model28a on Wed 15 Apr 2015, 04:49; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Edited by model28a to put the message in the body instead of the post title again.)
Back to top Go down
exavid
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 2658
Registration date : 2009-07-18

PostSubject: Re: How to remove 'crumbs' from inside a TopBox?   How to remove 'crumbs' from inside a TopBox? I_icon_minitimeThu 16 Apr 2015, 07:14

I take it you can't get scones in a plastic bags in California? I can think of a few methods:
Remove top box, tip over on its side and brush it out.
Vacuum hose.
Air compressor, blow the crumbs out.
Gas welding torch. Burn crumbs, then reshape box.
Small explosive charge.
Replace top box with new one.
Eat scones at point of purchase.
Don't eat scones. Eat bagels, they aren't crumby.
Back to top Go down
hotwings
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
hotwings

Number of posts : 876
Registration date : 2012-04-29

PostSubject: Re: How to remove 'crumbs' from inside a TopBox?   How to remove 'crumbs' from inside a TopBox? I_icon_minitimeThu 16 Apr 2015, 11:33

Scones are dryer than a popcorn fart, i agree switch to bagels and enjoy what your eating! Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How to remove 'crumbs' from inside a TopBox?   How to remove 'crumbs' from inside a TopBox? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How to remove 'crumbs' from inside a TopBox?
Page 1 of 1