Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Hi there guys
Hello from L.A.  Lower Arkansas that is. I_icon_minitimeby Kenjls Today at 7:20 am

» Final Drive Noise banished
Hello from L.A.  Lower Arkansas that is. I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Today at 7:14 am

» Rear shock longevity
Hello from L.A.  Lower Arkansas that is. I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Today at 7:10 am

» Latest Observations On My New To Me 2004 SW
Hello from L.A.  Lower Arkansas that is. I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Yesterday at 7:40 am

» What did you do to your SW today.
Hello from L.A.  Lower Arkansas that is. I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Tue Apr 16, 2024 4:26 pm

» YSS rear shocks
Hello from L.A.  Lower Arkansas that is. I_icon_minitimeby StuartBrown Tue Apr 16, 2024 1:36 pm

» New to Me Swing
Hello from L.A.  Lower Arkansas that is. I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Mon Apr 15, 2024 10:06 pm

» SOLD 2004 Honda Silver Wing for sale, tastefully modded SOLD
Hello from L.A.  Lower Arkansas that is. I_icon_minitimeby Rzor93 Sun Apr 14, 2024 2:29 pm

» peace, love and life
Hello from L.A.  Lower Arkansas that is. I_icon_minitimeby cello33 Fri Apr 12, 2024 6:35 pm

» Fork specs, please help before 9/4/2024
Hello from L.A.  Lower Arkansas that is. I_icon_minitimeby Anders L Thu Apr 11, 2024 9:58 am

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Hello from L.A. Lower Arkansas that is.

Go down 
+2
JeffR_
stanger1944
6 posters
AuthorMessage
stanger1944
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2013-09-25

Hello from L.A.  Lower Arkansas that is. Empty
PostSubject: Hello from L.A. Lower Arkansas that is.   Hello from L.A.  Lower Arkansas that is. I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 25, 2013 9:31 pm

Hi everyone from Lower ARkansas. I am new to motorcycles and scooters and have decided that I would like a Silverwing to begin with. Does anyone do any touring on their Silverwing. How is the comfort versus a standard cruiser. What is the longest ride you have went on. Sorry I am such a newb but trying to get information here.
Thanks
Stanger1944:geek: 
Back to top Go down
JeffR_
Site Admin
JeffR_

Number of posts : 1103
Registration date : 2010-05-12

PostSubject: Re: Hello from L.A. Lower Arkansas that is.   Hello from L.A.  Lower Arkansas that is. I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 26, 2013 12:41 am

I have been on 400-500 mile rides but never an over-nighter. But plenty of people have and the SWing is a very nice bike. One person has taken his SWing from Florida to Alaska on 4 different occasions and many have ridden across the country.
Back to top Go down
stanger1944
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: Hello from L.A. Lower Arkansas that is.   Hello from L.A.  Lower Arkansas that is. I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 26, 2013 12:53 am

Thanks, 400-500 mile rides would probably be most of my riding. Might occasionally go more but very seldom I imagine, but who knows once the riding bug really bites.
Back to top Go down
"Hi Yo"
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Hello from L.A.  Lower Arkansas that is. 510-80

Number of posts : 2940
Registration date : 2010-02-17

PostSubject: Re: Hello from L.A. Lower Arkansas that is.   Hello from L.A.  Lower Arkansas that is. I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 26, 2013 4:21 am

welcome  I feel that the S'Wing is a great combination for touring and just zipping around. If you go to the main forum and look in "Rides and Stories" section you can find accounts of what others have done. CathyN ( our resident rainmaker) recently traveled from Chicago to San Antonio and back in a little over a week. Is that enough "touring " for you? Arkansas has some beautiful places to ride. Enjoy the ride and welcome to the forum. motorcycle 
Back to top Go down
Magoo Triker
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Magoo Triker

Number of posts : 145
Registration date : 2013-08-03

PostSubject: Re: Hello from L.A. Lower Arkansas that is.   Hello from L.A.  Lower Arkansas that is. I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 26, 2013 11:20 am

Great touring machine.  Just returned from your AR and OK 1,200 miles each way and she handles fine as a trike.  I ran her at 80 mph from Little Rock to Fort Smith to make it before dark and she is did suck up some fuel but than any car or bike will at that speed.  I just returned to Florida yesterday and no troubles at all.  Did have a new rear tire put on before I returned for safety.  Mine is an 2004 Silver Wing with Voyager trike kit and I put just about 4,000 miles on her in the 4 weeks I was gone.  Most I have run in one day was 526miles, comfort was great. 

welcome Silver wing...The only way to fly
Back to top Go down
Dimond
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
Dimond

Number of posts : 540
Registration date : 2011-08-07

PostSubject: Re: Hello from L.A. Lower Arkansas that is.   Hello from L.A.  Lower Arkansas that is. I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 26, 2013 1:40 pm

stanger1944 wrote:
 I am new to motorcycles and scooters and have decided that I would like a Silverwing to begin with.  Does anyone do any touring on their Silverwing.  How is the comfort versus a standard cruiser.  What is the longest ride you have went on. Sorry I am such a newb but trying to get information here.
Thanks
Stanger1944:geek: 
During the past two years I have travelled 40,000 miles on a SWing for recreational use in Northing California roads on lots of 300 - 600 mile day rides, but very few multi-day rides. I had to make a LOT of comfort changes to permit me to do long rides - and enjoy them - and not get too beat-up by them. IHMO (love my SWing mind you) I would NOT recommend you get a SWing for touring UNLESS you can not ride/handle bigger motorcycles (Goldwing, ST1300, Concourse, etc.). I have ridden a Goldwing GL1500 and a Honda ST1100 - both of which are so far ahead of the SWing for long rides - there is no comparison; however, for many of the SWing riders - touring bikes are either too big or there are other reasons we don't want to ride them. Yes you can tour on a SWing - but it will in no way be as comfortable as a touring bike - plus it is going to give you quite a jolt when you hit the pothole or go down that occasional rough road - try as you may, you can not always pick smooth roads - even though you may want to. Yes you can tour on a SWing - but I would not recommend it if you planned to do it frequently unless you are willing to take a body-beating that will, over time, shorten your riding longevity. I have taken the body-beating route - but that is my choice and not what I recommend for others.
Back to top Go down
CathyN
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert

Number of posts : 771
Registration date : 2010-11-15

PostSubject: Re: Hello from L.A. Lower Arkansas that is.   Hello from L.A.  Lower Arkansas that is. I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 26, 2013 5:45 pm

I find the Swing a great bike to tour on. I have had it now 3 years and have ridden it over 40,000 miles. I ride it to and from work, on several 1 week vacations, also on weekends for short camping trips or overnighters. Along with plenty of long day rides. My longest day was 620 miles.

I find having the Airhawk seat cushion is a must. The Adj. Givi windscreen helps big time with the buffetting. This is my first bike, never rode before this except in my safety class. My husband rides a BMW R1150R. Never considered a smaller scooter because I wanted to be able to ride and tour with him. No regrets here.

swing 

Cathy
Back to top Go down
stanger1944
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: Hello from L.A. Lower Arkansas that is.   Hello from L.A.  Lower Arkansas that is. I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 26, 2013 9:09 pm

Thanks everyone, still looking at the Silverwing because it is smaller/easier to handle and will not be doing a lot of long haul riding. Just weekend amusement and gas saver to and from work rather than the F-150. I will also be looking to do some custom work and enter a yearly bike show in my area with the Silverwing. That ought to get some stares in a lot full o Harleys don't ya think?
Back to top Go down
Dimond
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
Dimond

Number of posts : 540
Registration date : 2011-08-07

PostSubject: Re: Hello from L.A. Lower Arkansas that is.   Hello from L.A.  Lower Arkansas that is. I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 27, 2013 1:48 pm

stanger1944 wrote:
Thanks everyone, still looking at the Silverwing because it is smaller/easier to handle and will not be doing  a lot of long haul riding.  Just weekend amusement and gas saver to and from work rather than the F-150.  
For above noted riding - get a SWing - you won't regret it!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hello from L.A. Lower Arkansas that is.   Hello from L.A.  Lower Arkansas that is. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hello from L.A. Lower Arkansas that is.
Page 1 of 1