Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» New member from Europe
Headlight Connector I_icon_minitimeby steve_h80 Today at 4:47 am

» New Silverwing owner, thoughts and questions
Headlight Connector I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Yesterday at 4:25 pm

» Will my 2002 Silverwing 600 fit in the bed of my F150 Ford with Tailgat up or down?
Headlight Connector I_icon_minitimeby tedebr Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:56 pm

» Is this a good price for a Silverwing 2006
Headlight Connector I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Tue Mar 26, 2024 1:19 pm

» What were they thinking?
Headlight Connector I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:57 am

» Hello everyone
Headlight Connector I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:54 am

» Sidelight Bulbs
Headlight Connector I_icon_minitimeby Green7 Mon Mar 25, 2024 5:25 pm

» Voyager trike kit forsale
Headlight Connector I_icon_minitimeby Mkdelay12@gmail.com Sun Mar 24, 2024 7:41 pm

» tiny oil leak
Headlight Connector I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Sun Mar 24, 2024 1:41 pm

» Low charging
Headlight Connector I_icon_minitimeby yammer Sat Mar 23, 2024 1:49 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Headlight Connector

Go down 
+2
DennisB
rjdoles
6 posters
AuthorMessage
rjdoles
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
rjdoles

Number of posts : 140
Registration date : 2012-09-24

Headlight Connector Empty
PostSubject: Headlight Connector   Headlight Connector I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 29, 2013 10:08 am

Hello DennisB

Would you be able to make up a headlight connector similar to your perfect connector with 2 foot long lengths of wire from all seven pins.

I catch myself driving with the turn signals on more than I care to admit and so I designed an audible turn signal minder. All the signals I need for the minder are available in that connector. I would like to build a prototype to make sure that it works OK in practice.

Thanks in advance.
Back to top Go down
DennisB
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 2778
Registration date : 2008-12-28

PostSubject: Re: Headlight Connector   Headlight Connector I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 29, 2013 10:54 am

Hello,

Sure, no problem. Send me a PM of what you need. sunny 

Back to top Go down
Gyro
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider
Gyro

Number of posts : 321
Registration date : 2013-04-07

PostSubject: Re: Headlight Connector   Headlight Connector I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 30, 2013 12:29 am

rjdoles wrote:
Hello DennisB

Would you be able to make up a headlight connector similar to your perfect connector with 2 foot long lengths of wire from all seven pins.

I catch myself driving with the turn signals on more than I care to admit and so I designed an audible turn signal minder. All the signals I need for the minder are available in that connector. I would like to build a prototype to make sure that it works OK in practice.

Thanks in advance.
I'd be very interested in learning how your project turns out. I also find myself forgetting to cancel the turn signal after a turn. Please post a follow-up report.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Headlight Connector   Headlight Connector I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 30, 2013 5:20 am

As it goes,I leave mine on sometimes as well Embarassed so one of these is on my Christmas wish list ....

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/12v-Indicator-Motorcycle-Scooter-Warning-Buzzer-Sounder-Alarm-with-Delay-/300952564289?pt=UK_Motorcycle_Parts&hash=item46122bb241
Back to top Go down
rjdoles
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
rjdoles

PostSubject: Turn signal minder   Headlight Connector I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 30, 2013 8:42 am

I should have guessed that with 8 billion people on this earth, it would be pretty hard to come up with an original idea. The circuit that I planned to use was going to do pretty much the same thing as the one that The Bern listed from a vendor in the U.K.

I was going to use DennisB's "perfect connector" so that you didn't have to alter the Silverwing wiring harness to install or remove it.

I will keep you posted on the progress.

Ron
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Headlight Connector   Headlight Connector I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 30, 2013 9:07 am

Hi Ron,there is also a basic model without the timer,as you say it would be good to have a connector rather than cut the loom,so will most likely be back in this thread later in the year santa 
Well done on designing a circuit board Cool ,that is way beyond my capability  
Back to top Go down
Dimond
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
Dimond

Number of posts : 540
Registration date : 2011-08-07

PostSubject: Re: Headlight Connector   Headlight Connector I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 30, 2013 11:09 am

I too on occasion leave my turn signals on - definitely not good to do - but no more as I installed a Kisan SM-3 Turn Signal Minder ($110, Kisantech.com). It seems to meet my needs perfectly. You need to remove your front plastic to install this item. It has 3 wires - hot IN, ground IN, and the power wire OUT that replaces the hot line going to your turn signal switch (all of these accessible from the front of your bike. The way it works is as follows: when you switch your turn signal ON (left or right) the Kisan unit - which is supplying the power to your turn signals - starts counting - and after 20 'blinks' it turns the power to your turn signals OFF. I decided not to go the 'buzzer' route as I always wear hearing protection and felt that it might be too noisy around town and too quiet at freeway speeds.
Back to top Go down
SCTLVR
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 186
Registration date : 2012-06-27

PostSubject: Re: Headlight Connector   Headlight Connector I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 30, 2013 12:08 pm

That's pretty cool, Jerry!
Back to top Go down
rjdoles
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
rjdoles

PostSubject: Re: Headlight Connector   Headlight Connector I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 07, 2013 10:19 am

I received two USPS Priority mail packages yesterday, 9/6. The Perfect Connector was in one of them. I ordered it on 8/31 so thanks Dennis for the quick turnaround over a holiday weekend (3 business days). The other package was from the vendor that I ordered the electronic components from.

I switched from the headlight connector to the perfect connector in the third iteration of the alarm design. The perfect connector has all the signals that I will need. It has tail light, brake light, left and right turn and ground in it. The latest design uses the brake light signal.  

My wife and I bought 13 gallons of exterior paint and we have some outdoor painting that we want to finish this week while the weather holds. Outdoor scraping and painting are probably my least favorite activities if for no other reason than they are done on days that are perfectly good riding days.

I will start on the first alarm prototype after the painting. I will keep everyone posted on progress with the alarm.
Back to top Go down
masscoot
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider
masscoot

Number of posts : 438
Registration date : 2009-03-24

PostSubject: Re: Headlight Connector   Headlight Connector I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 08, 2013 8:27 pm

This may also be useful reference in your prototype design.

http://www.rattlebars.com/mtz/buzzer.html

Hope your painting goes well!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Headlight Connector   Headlight Connector I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Headlight Connector
Page 1 of 1