Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

Hi, Welcome to the Silverwing 600 Forum. We ask that you be polite and also introduce yourself on your 1st post. The members are friendly and helpful so just have fun. There is www.maxi-scoots.com site that is geared for all scooters and motorcycles.

HomeGallerySearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
Just back from 2 weeks in Holland I_icon_minitimeby oldwingguy Yesterday at 10:13 pm

» Mileage on a full tank?
Just back from 2 weeks in Holland I_icon_minitimeby Mottza Yesterday at 5:58 pm

» Classic! A blast from the past.
Just back from 2 weeks in Holland I_icon_minitimeby Mech 1 twa Yesterday at 4:49 pm

» Well, it's different !!
Just back from 2 weeks in Holland I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Yesterday at 4:10 pm

» Silver Wing Miles (a Poll)
Just back from 2 weeks in Holland I_icon_minitimeby Bcook01 Yesterday at 8:37 am

» DIY Variator holding tool
Just back from 2 weeks in Holland I_icon_minitimeby dmosemorris Fri Sep 24, 2021 11:20 pm

» drive belt replacement
Just back from 2 weeks in Holland I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Fri Sep 24, 2021 11:01 pm

» Swing windscreen
Just back from 2 weeks in Holland I_icon_minitimeby smellybeard Thu Sep 23, 2021 3:34 pm

» Hello from Denmark
Just back from 2 weeks in Holland I_icon_minitimeby Dutch SilverWing Thu Sep 23, 2021 12:50 pm

» Introducing myself
Just back from 2 weeks in Holland I_icon_minitimeby sonuvabug Thu Sep 23, 2021 11:26 am

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Just back from 2 weeks in Holland

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
JeffR_
Site Admin
JeffR_

Number of posts : 1103
Registration date : 2010-05-12

Just back from 2 weeks in Holland Empty
PostSubject: Just back from 2 weeks in Holland   Just back from 2 weeks in Holland I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 07, 2013 1:33 pm

Hi,

We got back from 2 weeks in Holland a couple of days ago and it was a great time. I didn't see any large scooters other than 1 Burgman, and I think it was a 400. But they sure do like the 50cc scooters and had so many of them to choose from. My wife said that she didn't think you need a license to ride a 50cc and they usually ride them on the bike paths. They seem to have bike paths along just about every street and all the highways.

I could see just having a 50cc scoot for in town or even town-to-town travel there. They seem to be faster and quicker than the 50cc scoots here in the states too.

But I looked for Silver Wings but didn't see 1 there. They all seemed to be small scoots. But it was a great time though.
Back to top Go down
tarmacburner2
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
tarmacburner2

Number of posts : 1101
Registration date : 2010-03-27

PostSubject: Re: Just back from 2 weeks in Holland   Just back from 2 weeks in Holland I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 07, 2013 2:05 pm

A 50cc scooter is okay in Holland until you come to a hill!

Cheers,
Back to top Go down
Meldrew
Visiting Curmudgeon
Meldrew

Number of posts : 3792
Registration date : 2010-11-16

PostSubject: Re: Just back from 2 weeks in Holland   Just back from 2 weeks in Holland I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 07, 2013 2:57 pm

There's only one notable hill in Holland and it's near what the Germans call the Dreiländereck or Three Country Corner where the borders of Belgium, Holland, and Germany meet. It's a bit like a European version of Tan Hill, where the county borders of Cumbria, North Yorkshire, and County Durham join.

I don't think the Dutch need any Mountain Rescue Teams either. Smile 
Back to top Go down

Just back from 2 weeks in Holland
Page 1 of 1