Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Goodbye guys
I killed it... I_icon_minitimeby Dale N. Yesterday at 10:58 pm

» LF extended back rest
I killed it... I_icon_minitimeby Rzor93 Yesterday at 4:29 pm

» noise under load
I killed it... I_icon_minitimeby dmosemorris Sat May 18, 2024 1:30 pm

» checking the oil
I killed it... I_icon_minitimeby arcamedies13 Sat May 18, 2024 9:32 am

» Ignition wires to which plug?
I killed it... I_icon_minitimeby Terry Smith Thu May 16, 2024 6:39 pm

» Hello from Illinois!
I killed it... I_icon_minitimeby DescendingRaven Wed May 15, 2024 2:13 pm

» Silverwing Brakes
I killed it... I_icon_minitimeby Terry Smith Tue May 14, 2024 11:57 pm

» Anyone have a trailer hitch for sale
I killed it... I_icon_minitimeby BrianInVA Mon May 13, 2024 12:53 pm

» Left brake micro-switch
I killed it... I_icon_minitimeby Johnboy Fri May 10, 2024 7:57 pm

» Car tire for towing with a Silverwing?
I killed it... I_icon_minitimeby BrianInVA Fri May 10, 2024 5:36 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

I killed it...

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Gyro
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider
Gyro

Number of posts : 321
Registration date : 2013-04-07

I killed it... Empty
PostSubject: I killed it...   I killed it... I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 09, 2013 9:31 pm

I described my lighting test problems in the other thread:

Quote :
When I went to test the driving lights, They did not come on. I checked voltage at the front terminus of my lead wires from the relay in back. No voltage...

I noticed that the tail light was not on. I checked, and the rear turn signals work, but there are no brake lights. I immediately suspected the taillight connector, so removed it and plugged the stock taillight plugs back together. Same thing - turn signals, but no tail or brake lights.

I checked the taillight fuse with an ohmmeter and it is good. The inline fuse from the battery to the relay is good. (It would have no effect on the taillights though - different circuit.)

I checked the ground wire stack to make certain I did not miss one when I added the driving light ground.

I've came to the conclusion that the driving light relay is bad. There are no mistakes in the wiring itself. I was checking with the taillight connector out of the circuit, but still had power from the battery to the relay. The 10 amp fuse directly below the 15 amp fuse started popping. Now it is completely dead electrically. The new driving light circuit is completely isolated (in-line fuse removed and taillight connector removed from the taillight circuit) but the scooter is electrically dead. I suspect that I've fried one of the three Omron relays located directly above the battery.

Any suggestions?

Addenum: The battery is putting out power, but turning the key on does nothing - no dash lights, etc.
Back to top Go down
DennisB
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 2778
Registration date : 2008-12-28

I killed it... Empty
PostSubject: Re: I killed it...   I killed it... I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 09, 2013 9:49 pm

Hi Gyro,

Check your main fuse"A" located under the left rear side cover on top of your starter relay, under black rubber cover. 30 amp.
Back to top Go down
Gyro
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider
Gyro

I killed it... Empty
PostSubject: Re: I killed it...   I killed it... I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 09, 2013 9:56 pm

DennisB wrote:
Hi Gyro,

Check your main fuse"A" located under the left rear side cover on top of your starter relay, under black rubber cover. 30 amp.

I just checked it. It's good.
Back to top Go down
RArch
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
RArch

Number of posts : 613
Registration date : 2011-11-07

I killed it... Empty
PostSubject: Re: I killed it...   I killed it... I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 10, 2013 2:20 am

Try the normal things: Kill switch off and the side stand up. Can you hear the fuel pump when first switch on? If you dont hear it check the starter circuit.
Back to top Go down
http://www.rcmodeltalk.co.uk
Gyro
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider
Gyro

I killed it... Empty
PostSubject: Re: I killed it...   I killed it... I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 10, 2013 6:52 am

RArch wrote:
Try the normal things: Kill switch off and the side stand up. Can you hear the fuel pump when first switch on? If you dont hear it check the starter circuit.

I can hear the fuel pump and I hear the relay click as the pump starts and stops.
Back to top Go down
Gyro
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider
Gyro

I killed it... Empty
PostSubject: Re: I killed it...   I killed it... I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 10, 2013 10:14 am

Update: Culprit last night was the 30 amp "Main Fuse B." Nothing wrong with any of the Omron relays.

This morning, I removed the driving light relay and replaced the 30 amp fuse. Power is restored, and everything on the S'wing appears to be functioning normally. I bypassed the driving lights relay and wired the lights direct. They function normally now, but I do not want to leave them like this as it is possible to forget to turn them off. I'm off to look for another relay at the local auto parts stores. (Whew!) Smile
Back to top Go down
Gyro
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider
Gyro

I killed it... Empty
PostSubject: Re: I killed it...   I killed it... I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 10, 2013 11:06 am

Another relay solved the problem. All fixed! Smile
Back to top Go down
"Hi Yo"
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
I killed it... 510-80

Number of posts : 2940
Registration date : 2010-02-17

I killed it... Empty
PostSubject: Re: I killed it...   I killed it... I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 10, 2013 11:54 am

All fixed plus an excuse to visit the auto parts store. cheers
Back to top Go down
RArch
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
RArch

I killed it... Empty
PostSubject: Re: I killed it...   I killed it... I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 10, 2013 1:20 pm

Good to hear Smile
Back to top Go down
trouble1100
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider
trouble1100

Number of posts : 341
Registration date : 2010-04-30

I killed it... Empty
PostSubject: Re: I killed it...   I killed it... I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 10, 2013 2:32 pm

Always fuse lower than whats upstream, what was the fuse size from your battery feed? ..... glad to hear you got it sorted out.
Back to top Go down
Gyro
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider
Gyro

I killed it... Empty
PostSubject: Re: I killed it...   I killed it... I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 10, 2013 2:48 pm

trouble1100 wrote:
Always fuse lower than whats upstream, what was the fuse size from your battery feed? ..... glad to hear you got it sorted out.

15 amp, and I never blew it. The problem was not in the driving lights or power outlet circuit at all. It was a dead short in the coil of the driving light relay. That short acted across the tail light circuit through the connector. The 30 amp "Main Circuit B" I mentioned earlier? It wasn't blown. When I pulled it to check it the first time, I did a bonehead mistake and plugged it back in the spare slot! Rolling Eyes That's why everything went dead and I thought I'd killed it. Razz
Back to top Go down
RArch
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
RArch

I killed it... Empty
PostSubject: Re: I killed it...   I killed it... I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 10, 2013 4:41 pm

Gyro wrote:
I did a bonehead mistake and plugged it back in the spare slot! Rolling Eyes That's why everything went dead and I thought I'd killed it. Razz

frustrated

Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

I killed it... Empty
PostSubject: Re: I killed it...   I killed it... I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I killed it...
Page 1 of 1