Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Rear shock longevity
Up and running ! I_icon_minitimeby steve_h80 Today at 2:50 am

» Final Drive Noise banished
Up and running ! I_icon_minitimeby dovahkiin Today at 1:29 am

» Latest Observations On My New To Me 2004 SW
Up and running ! I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Yesterday at 7:40 am

» What did you do to your SW today.
Up and running ! I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Tue Apr 16, 2024 4:26 pm

» YSS rear shocks
Up and running ! I_icon_minitimeby StuartBrown Tue Apr 16, 2024 1:36 pm

» New to Me Swing
Up and running ! I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Mon Apr 15, 2024 10:06 pm

» SOLD 2004 Honda Silver Wing for sale, tastefully modded SOLD
Up and running ! I_icon_minitimeby Rzor93 Sun Apr 14, 2024 2:29 pm

» peace, love and life
Up and running ! I_icon_minitimeby cello33 Fri Apr 12, 2024 6:35 pm

» Fork specs, please help before 9/4/2024
Up and running ! I_icon_minitimeby Anders L Thu Apr 11, 2024 9:58 am

» Forgive My Rookie Questions
Up and running ! I_icon_minitimeby AldusFran Wed Apr 10, 2024 2:16 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Up and running !

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Bluepaul
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
Bluepaul

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2013-05-23

Up and running ! Empty
PostSubject: Up and running !   Up and running ! I_icon_minitimeFri May 31, 2013 12:57 pm

Smile Smile Smile

Picked up my SWing on Tuesday from sunny Scunthorpe (not) 121 miles back home in probably some of the worst weather I've ridden in for a long time. The scoot felt very planted even when passing trucks at silly speeds. The factory screen was as good as useless as I was soaked to the skin by the time I got home so I've changed it to the Givi af214 already. Just been out for a ride and the difference is like chalk and cheese. Very happy Smile cheers Smile

Has anyone fitted a Starcom/autocom audio system to there SWing ? I have one as I like to listen to music on my bigger journeys and I was wondering where best to route the cable from under the seat without it being trapped when I close it.

Cheers
Paul
Back to top Go down
RArch
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
RArch

Number of posts : 613
Registration date : 2011-11-07

Up and running ! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Up and running !   Up and running ! I_icon_minitimeFri May 31, 2013 2:56 pm

Bet that was a ride to remember. Now that you've the AF214 fitted can you repeat it and give us a wet weather review Wink

A search turned this up, it may help: https://www.silverwing600.com/t2813-intercom-wiring
Back to top Go down
http://www.rcmodeltalk.co.uk
Bluepaul
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
Bluepaul

Up and running ! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Up and running !   Up and running ! I_icon_minitimeFri May 31, 2013 3:48 pm

RArch wrote:
Bet that was a ride to remember. Now that you've the AF214 fitted can you repeat it and give us a wet weather review Wink

A search turned this up, it may help: https://www.silverwing600.com/t2813-intercom-wiring

Thanks for the link, obviously I need to perfect my search technique ! Embarassed

Hopefully I wont experience that journey again !
Back to top Go down
Meldrew
Visiting Curmudgeon
Meldrew

Number of posts : 4174
Registration date : 2010-11-16

Up and running ! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Up and running !   Up and running ! I_icon_minitimeFri May 31, 2013 6:02 pm

Where you from in Cumbria mate, I'm originally from Carlisle and then lived in West Cumbria for nearly 40 years until I retired last year and moved to York. I can't say I'm missing anything, apart from Cumberland Sausage. Smile
Back to top Go down
MikeO
Site Admin
MikeO

Number of posts : 3788
Registration date : 2009-06-29

Up and running ! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Up and running !   Up and running ! I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 01, 2013 2:36 am

Hello Paul.
Re Starcom:

I had mine under the seat in the tool-kit recess.
The mechanic at my dealers wired in a power lead which came up through the hole in the recess.
It was live when the ignition was on.
I trailed the Starcom extension leads round the outside of the recess (there’s a gap in the edge of it at the back which I routed the leads through) and out under the front of the seat.
It seems as if they’ll be trapped but they won’t be. I had to half-close the seat when getting leads into position.
It was then easy to reach down when I was sitting on the bike and plug in my helmet and music leads.
There’s plenty of space so one could run leads for every plug-in device via that route.
I used coloured tape to identify which lead was which.
I haven’t yet installed the unit on my new bike but will in due course.
It’s not the tidiest of solutions but worked very well and didn’t look bad.
The tool-kit then resided in the main part of the under-seat storage.
Incidentally my first Starcom unit was the basic one with a battery in it; I used to carry it in a bumbag with the leads trailing out and wear it when I was riding. That was when I had my X9’s.

I've just uploaded a picture into my gallery in which you can see the leads (just about!).
The one that's connected is the music lead, the other is for my helmet and is disconnected so just hanging down.
The picture is entitled 'Waiting For The Ferry' and is on Page Two.

HTH
Back to top Go down
Bluepaul
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
Bluepaul

Up and running ! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Up and running !   Up and running ! I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 01, 2013 7:01 am

Smile Smile Smile

I'm a Carlisle boy as well but I've been in the Midlands for 17 years now and the only thing I miss is Cumberland sausage. Luckily regular visits to/from family give me a regular supply Smile

MikeO - thanks for that I'll start having a go this afternoon.
Back to top Go down
CathyN
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert

Number of posts : 771
Registration date : 2010-11-15

Up and running ! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Up and running !   Up and running ! I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 01, 2013 12:30 pm

Paul,

Welcome to the forum.

Bob and I use a Starcom system also. He ran the leads under the tunnel on the left. I have a surface mount connection in front of the seat on the left.
This is where I plug in my helmet lead. I also had one for my push to talk lead for my walkie next to it. He changed the PTT to a handlebar mount on my ram mount (left side). He ran the lead up through the tunnel up the handlebar. We did this this spring.

When I was riding the PTT lead would come loose and disconnect form the vibration from some of the rougher roads. This new set up seems to be working quite well for me.

I also, have a 12 volt plug next to the helmet lead on the tunnel. I can connect this to my tunnel bag which has a 12 volt connection inside the bag.

Sorry I don't have pictures. I am terrible about learning how to post on the forum.

We do like the Starcom system.

Hope this helps.

Cathy
Back to top Go down
Bluepaul
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
Bluepaul

Up and running ! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Up and running !   Up and running ! I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 04, 2013 4:47 pm

Smile Thanks Cathy Smile
Back to top Go down
CathyN
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert

Number of posts : 771
Registration date : 2010-11-15

Up and running ! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Up and running !   Up and running ! I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 04, 2013 5:41 pm

Paul,

I forgot to mention I have my unit attached with Velcro or it might be double sided foam. We have it on the front panel under the seat storage area. We tried it where the "tool kit" is, if you can call it a tool kit. It seemed to get quite hot there. The cables and leads have more room to fit in the storage area space better in my opinion. I can take some photos and e-mail them to you. Just send me a PM with you address.

Mike,

I could e-mail them to you too. Maybe you can post them here on the forum for me.

Cathy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Up and running ! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Up and running !   Up and running ! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Up and running !
Page 1 of 1